Rock Bottom GDT: Canucks vs Flames - 19:00PST - HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Rock Bottom GDT: Canucks vs Flames - 19:00PST - HNIC

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Brown Knight wrote:This Markstrom interview is great!
Bobsledding in the nude!!

But that aside ya gotta be excited about the potential in net with those two. Hopefully the growing pains aren't too painful.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:Never been so happy for a win before!!!
*LOL* Yeah, been awhile since I Iast saw a good Nuckleheads game. :lol: I guess the only games I should start watching are when we play the Flames and Blues, those are the only teams we seem to have any success on lately. :( CBC showed a really sad stat, after the line brawl back in January between the Nucks and Flames, Flames are like 9W-5L, while we are like 3W-11L. Some of us thought our guys would of rallied behind Torts after that incident, but we we just went down the tank while Flames went the other way. :(

Few thoughts

- Eddie Lack Attack Pack! Nice to see him rebound and shut the door after a Cloutier type goal. After giving up a goal like that, it was nice to see he didn't get phased by it and just went back to playing his game. Clouts was in a much different circumstance though, playing in the playoffs vs a Stanley Cup superstar filled team in the Detroit Red Wings.

- Yanick "The Other" Weber: The Flame Killer! Or should I say, The Flame Extingiusher! :lol: He scored a big goal vs the Flames last time around too. *hehe

- Nice to see Archie get his 1st career NHL goal, an ugly greasy one. Those are the type of goals we need him to score once in awhile. Another guy who has more goals than Burr, one of our regular minor league callups. :lol:

- Jensen had a so-so debut to the season. Had a golden opportunity in the 1st, but missed the net. Also made a bad pass to Higgy that lead to a scoring chance the other way. Hopefully, he'll get his nervousness and jetterbugs out of the way. Just go out there, don't think too much, rely on his instincts, work hard and have some fun out there.

- Nice to hear Kelly Hrudy give my man Tommy Sesitio some props. Hrudy said Sestito surprises him every time he sees Sestito; Sestito makes some nice plays for a guy who is mainly thought of as a 4th line thug. Tommy made a nice pass to Mathias on the Weber GWer. :)
Hockey Widow wrote:Love Bieksa:
"I'm going down with the ship"

When asked if he would stay around for a re-build. Says he's staying until they drag him out!!
- Yeah, nice to hear Juice standup on After Hours and say that he played his whole career with us and he never asked or was ever asked to waive his NT. Even if the ship sinks, he's going to stay. They'd pretty much have to kick him out for him to leave. Juice was a leader tonite as well, getting into a fight in the game, standing up for our guys and getting our guys going. :D

So, continue to battle for a playoff spot or is this a setback to tanking it? :?
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Bobsledding in the nude!!

But that aside ya gotta be excited about the potential in net with those two. Hopefully the growing pains aren't too painful.
8-)

Call me an optimist, but I think our goaltending in the not-so-distant future is going to be alright.
Lack and Markstrom are both talented, and both have a friendly rivalry/competition with one another. They will push each other and I think at the very least, one of these guys will emerge into stardom.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Goat of the Game:

Higgy! WTF was with the 3 consecutive penalties? Was he trying to help us tank by giving the game to the Flames? He must of inherited Kassassian's hockey IQ with him suspended. *LOL* Fortunately the Flames have no top legitimate scoring threats and their PP is probably as bad as ours. :lol:
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Best case scenario, 4 years from now we have another goalie controversy. Who to trade and who to keep!
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

My list of teams that I will NEVER be ok to lose to:

The Coilers
The Laughs
The Hawks
Brad Marchand.

and the motherfucking Flames.

A fantastic gutty win by the Nucks tonight. Only saw bits and pieces but Lack looked awesome.

If not for that fluky center ice goal by McGrattan, Lack would have had a shut out. I'm very impressed with his ability to completely forget about that shitty first goal and shut the door for the rest of the game. In this aspect, Lack is much better than Luo. Early on in his career, once Luo let in one bad goal, there would be a very good chance of the floodgates opening. Lack is proving that he's a pretty mentally tough goalie. Hurray!

Tanev was a defensive rock. He absolutely owned the Calgary forwards time and time ago in the defensive zone. Tanev is better than Hamhuis right now.

Bieksa, Kesler and Edler played some very motivated hockey tonight. Bieksa with a nice one punch knock down of Giordano in the first and when he got 5 minutes, he saw him and Edler in the penalty box doing some strategizing.

Nice win over Calgary. Hartley, you can suck a dick. Image
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I liked it too. When asked about going from THN's no.2 ranked prospect in 2011 to not living up to his potential he said something along the lines of "being stuck in Florida." Gotta love the brutal honesty.

Is it me or did Kesler play the entire 3rd period? :P Seemed to me like he was out there the lat 5 minutes straight. I know he would be busy with the PK and all but wow. What a work horse. I'm so happy he is still a Canuck.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Who was talking the other day about Cloutier with respect to Lack.

Better effort, better structure, still taking too long to move the puck and too long settling the puck before shooting. Just blast away, shot blockers will get hurt if they can't get set up.

Scored two goals Yeeeee-ha. CBC talking head mentioned Canuck average output for Lack is less than 2 - yikes.

Hank is lost out there, unable to complete a pass and forcing more passes through defenders than necessary.

Matthias is an upgrade on Schroeder/Lain/Richardson platoon.

Despite scoring, Archibald has a long AHL career ahead of him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:and the motherfucking Flames.

Nice win over Calgary. Hartley, you can suck a dick. Image
Is this what this place is coming to?

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:
Matthias is an upgrade on Schroeder/Lain/Richardson
And so it begins, overrating Mikes latest Panther reclamation project. By the time his contract ends you'll all be crying "don't resign him!"

There is shill hope for us to be eatin' alive in the 1st round of the playoffs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote:
I've brought up the "C" word only to say that I'm more comfortable with the 2 guys we have now than I ever was with Cloutier.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Hank is lost out there, unable to complete a pass and forcing more passes through defenders than necessary.

The players are trying to create scoring chances and look lost out there at times. Henrik's line is a shambles because his wingers aren't playing the Sedin game and Hank hasn't adjusted. The Sedin's have never been players to rise up under pressure. They just cycle more

Matthias is a huge upgrade on those 3. Schroeder has some nice speed and looks to make plays, but he will need appropriate linemates if he's to succeed. They aren't here.

Archibald just looks a step behind on most plays.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mëds wrote:
Topper wrote: Hank is lost out there, unable to complete a pass and forcing more passes through defenders than necessary.

The players are trying to create scoring chances and look lost out there at times. Henrik's line is a shambles because his wingers aren't playing the Sedin game and Hank hasn't adjusted. The Sedin's have never been players to rise up under pressure. They just cycle more

Matthias is a huge upgrade on those 3. Schroeder has some nice speed and looks to make plays, but he will need appropriate linemates if he's to succeed. They aren't here.

Archibald just looks a step behind on most plays.
BULLSHIT

Hank picked the team up and carried it on his back a few years ago when Daniel missed 19 games. He did so well he won the Hart and Art Ross Trophies.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:
Topper wrote:
I've brought up the "C" word only to say that I'm more comfortable with the 2 guys we have now than I ever was with Cloutier.
My comment was tongue in cheek after the Calgary goal last night.

Bountiful needs this

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:
Matthias is an upgrade on Schroeder/Lain/Richardson
And so it begins, overrating Mikes latest Panther reclamation project. By the time his contract ends you'll all be crying "don't resign him!"

There is shill hope for us to be eatin' alive in the 1st round of the playoffs
Oh come on RoyalTool, if you're going to troll try a little harder...that was plain lame-o man. Even the dead smelly canned fish from Tarrana is schooling you :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)