GDT: New Cänucks @ Stars | March 6 | 5:30pm SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: New Cänucks @ Stars | March 6 | 5:30pm SNET-P

Post by Meds »

State of the team?

Coach calls a time out and is giving instruction and trying to calm the guys down to refocus them. Half the players aren't even looking at the coach, just looking around like tourists in a new city.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The team looks like they either gave up on Torts, lost all confidence, or both.

Is blustery Torts' shelf life up already?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: So Strange... do you think the team got the "message" Torts was sending to Luo?
You don't hear any of them whining in public do ya? :hmmm:

ahem

Anywho, as they say, "If you're gonna lose, lose big".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: And theres 17 more games to watch in this season.
13 wins and we're in the playoffs, 16 more and we win the Cup!

*snorts another line*
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Image

OMG is that for real?
It's for real.

And it is HILARIOUS!!!!

I actually am starting to think if part of the reason Lou wanted out was because he saw the writing on the wall.....who cares if he has to go to a shitty Florida team trying to build with youth. It was just gonna get worse than that in Van.
So much for a coach who could get the most out of them for a short burst...who thought that burst would be limited to December? 6 goals on 22 shots, pathetic. There will be no San Jose style reboot.

How far can we drop in the standing? Realistically, we could easily land the 6th pick the way things are going. Doubt we could drop any further than that w/ all the other losers keeping it up.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, I was looking at the schedule and I thought it was pretty light for the remaining games. Lots of teams we could beat, but we come up with these horrible performances vs Phoenix and Dallas (2 teams we really need to beat). The playoffs did look attainable, but with the effort in the last 2 games, it looks like ours guys have already quit. No one leading the way, no one with any confidence, no one going down fighting to give the team a spark. Our team looks like a dying dog with no bite left, just wants to be put out of it's misery. Sad, sad times for Nucklehead fans. :(
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Another 1 goal game.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Some people don't want to put any weight on that Heritage game, but it really looks like a turning point for this club...not that we weren't on a slide before, but rather in how they respond to the coach. I like Torts as a person, he has a good heart & all, but he really didn't make a good decision on that game. He alienated our star goaltender & sent a chain of dominoes in action. I think the team was bothered by the lack of respect given to Lu, esp after what he had been through and was talked into returning, which he did w/ a good attitude. AV perhaps gave too much authority to Luongo but there had to have been a middle ground. Torts should have discussed it w/ him. He said it was about the 2 pts and yes Lack was semi-hot...a player like Lu deserves some respect by the organization. The Canucks have a long history of pulling shit on their star players (Bure, Linden (benched so he missed his 60 gp bonus) & now Lu) so this is nothing new. What wasn't factored is how it would affect Luongo....how it would affect Lack...and how the rest of the team would respond to it. Management was either in on the decision or they should have approached Torts to reconsider just for this one game.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Reefer2 wrote:Another 1 goal game.
Should have been a shut out. Dalpe's goal was pure luck.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

God damn it ratski... cheer me up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ClamRussel wrote:Some people don't want to put any weight on that Heritage game, but it really looks like a turning point for this club...not that we weren't on a slide before, but rather in how they respond to the coach. I like Torts as a person, he has a good heart & all, but he really didn't make a good decision on that game. He alienated our star goaltender & sent a chain of dominoes in action. I think the team was bothered by the lack of respect given to Lu, esp after what he had been through and was talked into returning, which he did w/ a good attitude. AV perhaps gave too much authority to Luongo but there had to have been a middle ground. Torts should have discussed it w/ him. He said it was about the 2 pts and yes Lack was semi-hot...a player like Lu deserves some respect by the organization. The Canucks have a long history of pulling shit on their star players (Bure, Linden (benched so he missed his 60 gp bonus) & now Lu) so this is nothing new. What wasn't factored is how it would affect Luongo....how it would affect Lack...and how the rest of the team would respond to it. Management was either in on the decision or they should have approached Torts to reconsider just for this one game.
I love ya Clam, but this team was a mess a few weeks before the Heritage Gong Show. Some people myself included, thought that a new coach and some healthy bodies could help propel this team back where it was for three or four years. It sucks to say but they have been declining for a few years now. No coach was going to come in here and make this team a contender as is. A playoff wildcard and first round fodder at best. I thought they needed major personnel changes two years ago but as a diehard fan you look past a few of the warts.

That decison to not start Luongo was made because of the pending trade and nothing else. The rest of this crap is grandstanding and sells papers and gets people talking about the game and the players. The team stunk since Jan 1 and nobody can dispute that.

I worry that "leaders" like Kesler and Luongo have poisoned the well this season. It can't be fun coming to work when 2 of your top 4 players don't want to be on the team and neither of these guys are the type to mince words.

Onward and upward. Firing the GM and coach is a dumb thing at this point I believe. I said that they should get gassed and bring back Iron Mike etc, sound a bit like FarhanBrownGMKnight here but I digress I was half cut :) . First of all the Italians won't buy out Fonzie and Eye Bags for the fact it will cost big coin. Second, they will have egg on their face and they hate that. Thirdly who would work for them if they gassed these guys after one bad year. It would make Harold Ballard and King Clancy's reign of error look fucntional.

I say shit the bed the rest of the way and end up with a top 6 pick or better if you win the lottery. Ship 17 to Anaheim for Emerson Etem or Kyle Palmieri and Ottawa's pick. If they need us to eat a bad contract for a year or 2 so be it. Dangle our 6thy pick and ottawas 10th for a shot at Reinhart or Ekblad. Buy out Booth or Burrows and get some decent free agents here. Make it so fucking uncomfortable for Edler and Bieksa that they waive their ntc and ship them out for picks in 2015. If the team sucks again there are a pile of high end kids in the top 10 of the 2015 draft. Big deal Canucks fans have to put up with a year and a half of sucking.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Big deal Canucks fans have to put up with a year and a half of sucking.
It was going to happen eventually no matter what. Make the moves that make it last the least amount of time possible.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Some people don't want to put any weight on that Heritage game, but it really looks like a turning point for this club...not that we weren't on a slide before, but rather in how they respond to the coach. I like Torts as a person, he has a good heart & all, but he really didn't make a good decision on that game. He alienated our star goaltender & sent a chain of dominoes in action. I think the team was bothered by the lack of respect given to Lu, esp after what he had been through and was talked into returning, which he did w/ a good attitude. AV perhaps gave too much authority to Luongo but there had to have been a middle ground. Torts should have discussed it w/ him. He said it was about the 2 pts and yes Lack was semi-hot...a player like Lu deserves some respect by the organization. The Canucks have a long history of pulling shit on their star players (Bure, Linden (benched so he missed his 60 gp bonus) & now Lu) so this is nothing new. What wasn't factored is how it would affect Luongo....how it would affect Lack...and how the rest of the team would respond to it. Management was either in on the decision or they should have approached Torts to reconsider just for this one game.
I love ya Clam, but this team was a mess a few weeks before the Heritage Gong Show. Some people myself included, thought that a new coach and some healthy bodies could help propel this team back where it was for three or four years. It sucks to say but they have been declining for a few years now. No coach was going to come in here and make this team a contender as is. A playoff wildcard and first round fodder at best. I thought they needed major personnel changes two years ago but as a diehard fan you look past a few of the warts.

That decison to not start Luongo was made because of the pending trade and nothing else. The rest of this crap is grandstanding and sells papers and gets people talking about the game and the players. The team stunk since Jan 1 and nobody can dispute that.

I worry that "leaders" like Kesler and Luongo have poisoned the well this season. It can't be fun coming to work when 2 of your top 4 players don't want to be on the team and neither of these guys are the type to mince words.

Onward and upward. Firing the GM and coach is a dumb thing at this point I believe. I said that they should get gassed and bring back Iron Mike etc, sound a bit like FarhanBrownGMKnight here but I digress I was half cut :) . First of all the Italians won't buy out Fonzie and Eye Bags for the fact it will cost big coin. Second, they will have egg on their face and they hate that. Thirdly who would work for them if they gassed these guys after one bad year. It would make Harold Ballard and King Clancy's reign of error look fucntional.

I say shit the bed the rest of the way and end up with a top 6 pick or better if you win the lottery. Ship 17 to Anaheim for Emerson Etem or Kyle Palmieri and Ottawa's pick. If they need us to eat a bad contract for a year or 2 so be it. Dangle our 6thy pick and ottawas 10th for a shot at Reinhart or Ekblad. Buy out Booth or Burrows and get some decent free agents here. Make it so fucking uncomfortable for Edler and Bieksa that they waive their ntc and ship them out for picks in 2015. If the team sucks again there are a pile of high end kids in the top 10 of the 2015 draft. Big deal Canucks fans have to put up with a year and a half of sucking.
I acknowledged we were on a slide before...what, 7 game losing streak? However, it just feels like somethings different now. Like the heart has been ripped out of the team's chest. Just went from bad to worse. Its hard to look at the standings and see we're 22nd overall. Goinnnng down, Mr. Tyler?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

So ahhh... you guys are still watching the games, huh?