GDT: Luongo vs Price - 16:30PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Luongo vs Price - 16:30PST SNET

Post by Meds »

This team will go nowhere so long as the Sedins are the key forwards and leaders.

Look at Daniel there, goes to the crease, then starts getting shoved and he just looks away and does nothing. No push back. Nothing. Fucking pussies. Not soft. Just chicken shit with no backbone.

The whole team plays Sedin hockey. Around the outside, and the puck is smothered by the goaltender before any offensive support gets to the net.

I don't give two shits about the shots on goal. Phantom offense. Price wasn't even challenged in the third period.

Chris Higgins has 4 goals in 6 games and is currently leading the way offensively. This team is in MAJOR trouble.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Daniel is injured, so I'm letting him off the hook for now. He and Burr have been horrid this last stretch of games though.

Where are the rest of the team? Seemed like most shots tonight came from the D, the forwards were caught up ice a ton of times and weren't even creating any offence. This is as bad a funk as I can remember, and I've been a fan since the 80's.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote:Daniel is injured, so I'm letting him off the hook for now. He and Burr have been horrid this last stretch of games though.

Where are the rest of the team? Seemed like most shots tonight came from the D, the forwards were caught up ice a ton of times and weren't even creating any offence. This is as bad a funk as I can remember, and I've been a fan since the 80's.
Daniel is injured too?

He was shit before he was hurt too then.
Steve Bennett*
AHL Prospect

Post by Steve Bennett* »

Half the team is injured. Don't look too much into this. Canucks need to trade off dead weight and come back with some bite. Get more youth, plus Vanek. To hell with Muntreal.

Man I love this team! 8-)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

What happened to Hammer today? Scratched for sucking? :lol:

Really glad Hank is not going to the olympics, he really needs to rest up and recover. Just 1 more game and our guys get a much needed break. Hopefully our guys can come back healthy and refreshed for the final push and hold on to that last playoff spot.

Boy, our team, especially our D core is just decimated with injuries. Kind of reminds me of when Hamburgler Nonis had a bunch of injuries to his D and he missed the playoffs. It turned out to be the final year of Nonis's tenure in Vancouver, I wonder if it will be the same for MG?
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Looking through the half full glass .... Luongo was good. He doesn't seem to get upset about the team wasting his efforts anymore.

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Kind of reminds me of when Hamburgler Nonis had a bunch of injuries to his D and he missed the playoffs. It turned out to be the final year of Nonis's tenure in Vancouver, I wonder if it will be the same for MG?
Just hope MG doesn't trade for another "Weinrich-Carney-Brown" Cavalry like Nonis did. :lol:

But it wasn't his final year, Crow was fired after this season...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Diaz looks, so far, to be a decent pick up to bolster the defence. If we can get through one more game the rest of our ad should be back after the Olympics. That will make a huge difference.

Burrows should have his face shield off and I imagine that will help him as well. The rest of the towards, save Kesler and a Dank, can rest up and heal, well Santorelli is done but the rest should recover. Don't know about Hank. Rib injuries can take a while to heal. But if we can get through the Toronto game and none of our Olympians get hurt we should be healthy for the final push.

MG will be busy over the break trying to set trades in motion I imagine, ready to pull the trigger when the trade freeze ends. This break might give ownership, management and coaches a chance to have a few sit downs and do a much needed mid-season evaluation and take any sense of panic away. What we need is a calm, albeit determined plan, not knee jerk panic moves.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Woooooooohoooooooooooo, three PP goals in two games.

Is Saturdays game on the Comedy Network?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Agree HW, even though trades are needed you cant give away your players for nothing.

Saying that, you don't have to hit a home run and delay making deals. This teams core needs a shake up and needs it bad.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
MG will be busy over the break trying to set trades in motion I imagine, ready to pull the trigger when the trade freeze ends. This break might give ownership, management and coaches a chance to have a few sit downs and do a much needed mid-season evaluation and take any sense of panic away. What we need is a calm, albeit determined plan, not knee jerk panic moves.
Ya, maybe all Mike needs to do is make like the legendary Dougy Wilson in San Jose there at last years deadline and get rid of the dead weight like Dougy did with - Clowe and Murray for draft picks only. We all saw the vast improvement of the Sharks once those two slugs were removed, i.e. beating us handedly in 4 straight games in the first round of the playoffs. Sometimes subtraction is better than addition. SELL, SELL, SELL. It's the only way to fly at the Trade Deadline. Unless you are Mikey Gillis - Derek Roy and Sami Pahlsson. Isn't amazing how the Deadline Sellers - the Sharks beat the Deadline Buyers the Nucks in 4 straight playoff games last year?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

RoyalDude wrote: SELL, SELL, SELL. It's the only way to fly at the Trade Deadline.
It doesn't take a genius to know you want to sell high (@ trade deadline) & buy lower (in the off season)
to build the club. Accepting short term pain (that most teams face) in order to get that long term gain - requires discipline & backbone from the GM. Most teams don't have a pair of young stars like Couture & Hertl, who need more ice time, to avoid the short term pain of trading veterans.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.