Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lou is slaying it right now. A man possessed
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

How the fuck was Luongo supposed to make that save?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Oh oh
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Fuck.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:How the fuck was Luongo supposed to make that save?
And he came damned close to getting it after having to recover and then dive over three players. Our defense needs to learn how to seal off the goal line beside the post though.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We may get to see Burrows at centre yet this season :mrgreen:

Ok, now we get to play not to lose and run around for three minutes and try to hold onto the win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:How the fuck was Luongo supposed to make that save?
And he came damned close to getting it after having to recover and then dive over three players. Our defense needs to learn how to seal off the goal line beside the post though.
There's no way that's a goal.
NHL Rules wrote:Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I am sick of Henrik and Daniel. Yeah, I know, Hank is out, but they are useless on the PP. They never read the back door pass anymore, Daniel had a huge seam to feed the backside on the PP, but instead just tries to force a pass through the defenders skates into the near corner which would have resulted in a nothing play had the puck even made it there.

If not for the fact that we'd lose him on waivers I would say ship Daniel to the AHL to relearn a few things. He's playing like an unadaptable junior B player.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Burrows' struggles would be comical if it wasn't affecting the team so negatively!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
NHL Rules wrote:Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
WTF? :eh:

It was a Canuck defender who initially took an Oiler player down and the two of them slid into Luongo. How is that NOT a goal?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's the deal with Dallas Eakins hair?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hung on to win. Good.

Now some forwards need to get going offensively!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:Burrows' struggles would be comical if it wasn't affecting the team so negatively!
With AV and Raymond gone is Burrows the new whipping boy?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Canucks were good through two periods, and hung on in the third. Luongo was great.

The Oilers goal was weird. Looked like Gagner was the one who bumped Luongo out of his crease.

I am serious about playing Kassian big PP minutes. He is one of our few forwards who is playing with confidence, and can make some great reads and passes.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: WTF? :eh:

It was a Canuck defender who initially took an Oiler player down and the two of them slid into Luongo. How is that NOT a goal?
He made zero effort to get up or move after being in the crease. Sitting there in the crease, legs poking right into the net, blocking Luongo from the net. Nobody drove Gagner into the crease, he went there all on his own.