GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Lancer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm

The only difference between last night and tonight is that the guys got a point tonight.

Both goalies stood on their head despite getting run over. Both the 1st periods saw the good side take the lead on PP goals. The they turn to shit in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Blame injuries all you like, but fact remains that this team needs Viagra in the worst way - more stiffness and more balls.

Problem is, MG doesn't have much in the way of tradeable assets until this team gets healthier.

Hope Kassian isn't hurt too bad. Between him and Sestito, I don't know who else will hit on this team.

Just... frustration with this team. :mad:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Meds » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:58 pm

rats19 wrote:No edler


Who cares, he would have turned the puck over and given Anaheim the lead after 40.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby dangler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am

Lancer wrote:Blame injuries all you like, but fact remains that this team needs Viagra in the worst way - more stiffness and more balls.

Problem is, MG doesn't have much in the way of tradeable assets until this team gets healthier.


Dude!!!!!! ....that was balls :mex:
Seriously though!!? :drink: , I don't think we'll be seeing The Gillis doing much in the way of trades until the summer....what we see is what we get for this season.

8th place overall at X-mas is better than I thought /thought(sp??) they would be at the beginning of the season:drink:



:?
User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:59 am

I wanted to come on here and cheer my Lack Attack Pack, even though he played great, but with the lost, it doesn't feel right.

Just a few thots: :lol:

- Goats of the game: Garrison and Dank. OMG Dank, what was he doing there? Skating it out so casually like that leading to the turnover. It caused Juice to take that penalty and Juice was pretty pissed after, as he kind of wacked his stick against the boards. Juice should of went up to Dank and yell: "WTF are u doing?" Hell, Torts should of been pissed and yelled @ Dank. We basically gave away 2 points cuz of some of our key players.

- Luved Tort's reaction after the game tying goal late in the 3rd. He was like: "u have got to be fucking kidding me" (reading lips). :lol: He drops his head like he couldn't believe it. Get used to it Torts, it's not u. AV had the same problems the last couple years. :|

- I noticed that the last couple games, it seems like the Kings and Ducks are running our goalies. 2X on Lou yesterday and I know @ least once on Lack tonite. Sometimes, I wonder if it's the game plan, get our goalies off their game and they know we don't have anyone that will do anything about it.

- I agree with what was said with a few posters, our team has no ballz. We matchup well against skilled teams and we do well against the weaker teams around the league, but when we play bigger/tougher teams that also have a lot of skillz like the Ducks, Kings, Sharks, they generally have their way with us. The way to beat the Canucks: just take a page out of the Bruin's playbook. Just rough up our guys a bit and they'll be inimiated so easily that they'll have their tails between their legs. I'm so tempted to say something about phaneuf, but I won't. :lol:

- Hope Kassassian is OK. I thought he has been playing well and he made a beauty shot rushing down the wing again, but rung it off the post. He's a scoring threat when he's coming down the wing with a full head of steam like that. I wonder if the Nucks will pressure him to wear a visor with what came down with the whole Malhotra thing.

- Nice to see Sestito on the PP. Will comment more on the Sesitito thread. :P
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Meds » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:- I noticed that the last couple games, it seems like the Kings and Ducks are running our goalies. 2X on Lou yesterday and I know @ least once on Lack tonite. Sometimes, I wonder if it's the game plan, get our goalies off their game and they know we don't have anyone that will do anything about it.

- I agree with what was said with a few posters, our team has no ballz. We matchup well against skilled teams and we do well against the weaker teams around the league, but when we play bigger/tougher teams that also have a lot of skillz like the Ducks, Kings, Sharks, they generally have their way with us. The way to beat the Canucks: just take a page out of the Bruin's playbook. Just rough up our guys a bit and they'll be inimiated so easily that they'll have their tails between their legs. I'm so tempted to say something about phaneuf, but I won't. :lol:


I don't think our players play intimidated, they just don't retaliate or seek any kind of retribution. Just too many class acts in Canucks colours amongs the forward group, and let's be honest, a 4th liner doesn't often get away with running the goaltender, the guys running our goalies are top 6 forwards a lot of the time. The response that needs to happen isn't grabbing the perp and beating the shit out of him, it is putting your head down and not slowing down the next time you drive the other team's net. I do point to Torts a bit in this. After that run by Brown on Lou that went uncalled, Torts should have told Kassian, Weise, or Sestito, to crash the crease and take Quick through the net and into the end boards. If the NHL won't keep losers like Brown honest then it falls to the players.

Ass Doc says, MORE ASSHOLES!!!!!
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby rats19 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 am

Meds wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:- I noticed that the last couple games, it seems like the Kings and Ducks are running our goalies. 2X on Lou yesterday and I know @ least once on Lack tonite. Sometimes, I wonder if it's the game plan, get our goalies off their game and they know we don't have anyone that will do anything about it.

- I agree with what was said with a few posters, our team has no ballz. We matchup well against skilled teams and we do well against the weaker teams around the league, but when we play bigger/tougher teams that also have a lot of skillz like the Ducks, Kings, Sharks, they generally have their way with us. The way to beat the Canucks: just take a page out of the Bruin's playbook. Just rough up our guys a bit and they'll be inimiated so easily that they'll have their tails between their legs. I'm so tempted to say something about phaneuf, but I won't. :lol:

I smell what your cooking i really do.

Thing is: we are what we are until things change.
We just played 2 elite tough mutherfucking teams. we lost by a goal to each and it could have gone our way quite easily..It didnt though.

GMMG has to see whats going on and he has to be planning something for the very near future he has to be OR Dude is right....lol

I cant quite say i am proud of the guys as they did gaff too much in both games. but shit man these are the best teams in the league and we were right in it..right in it!!!
Yes a change or 2 is needed, Yes injuries ARE a factor.....is there anyone here who expected or predicted us being as good as we are at the start of the season..huh....is there...NO there isnt anyone. This is not our ELITE time-But we are close..very close...I am disgusted by all the whining on here...it is not criticism in a pure form...its frikken whining..and all you who are doing it are "divers"...hmmmph
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4716
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 pm

??? Meds = Ratz?


Meds wrote:Ass Doc says, MORE ASSHOLES!!!!!


Oh yeah, he said assholes, not SOBs. :lol:


Meds wrote:[The response that needs to happen isn't grabbing the perp and beating the shit out of him, it is putting your head down and not slowing down the next time you drive the other team's net. I do point to Torts a bit in this. After that run by Brown on Lou that went uncalled, Torts should have told Kassian, Weise, or Sestito, to crash the crease and take Quick through the net and into the end boards. If the NHL won't keep losers like Brown honest then it falls to the players.


Great point. Maybe Torts didn't want his team to get a penalty cuz we were still in the game. Sometimes, u have to do it though, even though if u lose the game, u gotta make a point to these dirty teams and stand up for yourself. Maybe, we have the dogs to do the dirty work, but our coaches won't let them loose (ie: Kassassian, Weiser, Sestito). I remember last year in the playoffs, when LapDawg-Kassassian were out there, they were like hitting everything in sight; however, if they got a penalty, AV would bench their ass for a long stretch. AV just kept rolling his top 2 soft lines all the time, even though they couldn't do much. There was that year we had Byron Bitz, he hits a guy in the Kings series I think, got a penalty for boarding and never saw the ice again. Not saying playing Bitz would of won us the series, but sometimes winning a moral victory is key despite a lost. A moral victory can rally the troops and give the team momentum. If our soft skilled guyz know they have someone watching their backs, it can help them play better without fear and feeling intimidated. Boy, I still remember this play and I still miss this guy. The ultimate SoB and we got rid of him.



Note: we take out the nasty Kings that year and I still think this brew haha was the turning point in the series.

& I luv this face, the face of a true hockey player. :lol:

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:45 pm

rats19 wrote:GMMG has to see whats going on and he has to be planning something for the very near future he has to be OR Dude is right....lol


Yeah, I wish I had confidence in MG. When he first got here, he said the team needed more grit, he did kind of do that and bring in some good gritty guys, but for whatever reason he doesn't keep them for very long. Some of them were not very good (ie: Hornychuk, Bitz, Glass, Oreskovich), some were very good (ie: Torres, LapDawg, SOB, Rome). I do like Richardson and he seems to get more out of Kassassian and Booth, but I still think LapDawg is a grittier player. Not really sure what he can get right now till the trade deadline. Not too optimistic right now, MG seems to go back and forth between a skill team vs a gritty team. Right now it seems to be more softer skilled guys.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Meds wrote:After that run by Brown on Lou that went uncalled, Torts should have told Kassian, Weise, or Sestito, to crash the crease and take Quick through the net and into the end boards.

I could be remembering things wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is sort of what happened. The next play went up ice and Sestito made contact with Quick. Although IIRC, it was minor contact, and Sestito was mobbed by three Kings players for doing it.

I don't often think retaliation against an innocent party makes a lot of sense, but in this case, I have to admit I was really thinking someone should have slid skates first into Quick on the next play. It would have been worth the suspension.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby RyanGinger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would like to see Lain and Archibald on the 4th line instead of DAlpe and Weise against the Cali teams next week.
Same. I honestly thought Weise was out of the lineup until the commentator said he had dumped the puck into the Ducks zone.
22-33-17
User avatar
RyanGinger
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: GDT: Jan 5 - Nucks at Ducks 5:00 PST SNET

Postby Meds » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
Meds wrote:After that run by Brown on Lou that went uncalled, Torts should have told Kassian, Weise, or Sestito, to crash the crease and take Quick through the net and into the end boards.

I could be remembering things wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is sort of what happened. The next play went up ice and Sestito made contact with Quick. Although IIRC, it was minor contact, and Sestito was mobbed by three Kings players for doing it.

I don't often think retaliation against an innocent party makes a lot of sense, but in this case, I have to admit I was really thinking someone should have slid skates first into Quick on the next play. It would have been worth the suspension.


Sometimes that is the only thing that makes sense. If every team retaliated for the bullshit dished out by a few individuals, then those individuals would be finding themselves called up on the carpet by their own teammates. I wonder how happy Quick would be with Brown if every time Brown took a liberty with another goaltender, Quick was going to have the same liberty taken with him? Brown would smarten up pretty quickly if the best goaltender in the USA was unhappy in LA because he was tired of paying for Brown's BS.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests