GDT: January 4th - Canucks @ Kings 7pm CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: January 4th - Canucks @ Kings 7pm CBC

Postby Lancer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:31 pm

The scoresheet was deceiving. If the Canucks had played the 2nd and 3rd periods like the first, it may have been a different situation. As it was, it looked like the Kings wore the Canucks down.

It's not like our guys don't have size, but it seems the only ones out there who had an inclination to hit were Bieksa and Sestito. Where was Kassian and Booth in this department (in Booth's case, any department)? As others have mentioned, who else besides Sestito dared initiate any contact on Quick?

I think part of the Sedins' problem last night was Hansen was on their line. If Burrows was there and anywhere near his form it would have been a different story. Hansen was just a clusterfuck out there.

Dustin Brown needs his head punched in, but if I was Luongo I would be asking my teammates to either mercilessly pummel the pukes who run him or do the same to the other tender. Torts has turned them around in the anti-pussification department but it's clear there's still more road to go there.

Am I the only one anticipating today's game against Anaheim with trepidation? :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Per » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Never mind.
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Everything folks hate about Brown is what they wish Vancouver had more of.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Lancer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Topper wrote:Everything folks hate about Brown is what they wish Vancouver had more of.

Not so.

Everything folks hate about Brown is the same kind of stuff fans of other teams have tried to level against the Canucks (cheap-shot artists, divers, cocky, arrogant, dangerous players, turtles in fights) for years and usually they had a target (Lapierre, Torres, etc). The difference is he plays for LA and is surrounded by bigger boys who can intimidate the opposition away from doing anything about it, so he gets played up like some kind of "stand-up guy who plays with his heart on his sleeve and gets a little carried away", while Vancouver's villains are just plain vilified.

What Vancouver needs more of are the Dwight Kings, Kyle Cliffords and Jordan Nolans. If Dustin played for Vancouver, he'd just be another heel for the Toronto media to hate.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum