Tampa Bay @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET TSN,SUN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Tampa Bay @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET TSN,SUN

Post by 2Fingers »

This is not Lack's fault, he played well.

Booth needs to learn to block a shot instead of screening his goalie.

When a dman goes down to block a shot he needs to be in a better position that Garrison was.

Oh the PP sucks, how long have we been saying that? Time to split the twins up on the PP and get quick puck movement and a shot from the middle of the ice with someone in front of the net.

That game sucked and by the end of the 2nd I did not have any confidence they could come back.

Sedin's and Kesler need to pick their game up (goal wise) big time.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote:This is a classic example of why Vancouver is considered a goaltender's graveyard. A young guy plays a good game and gets beat because the team in front of him is shit, and people say, "not his best game" like he is somehow culpable.
I think it's early to start saying goalie graveyard. :lol: Yeah, I agree our guys were definitely not good in front of him, but I'm sure Lack Attack himself would say he can play better.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Reefer2 wrote:Oh the PP sucks, how long have we been saying that? Time to split the twins up on the PP and get quick puck movement and a shot from the middle of the ice with someone in front of the net.
I'm waiting for Torts to put five forwards out on the PP. I have a feeling he's seriously considering it. ;)
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:This is not Lack's fault, he played well.

Booth needs to learn to block a shot instead of screening his goalie.

Oh the PP sucks, how long have we been saying that? Time to split the twins up on the PP and get quick puck movement and a shot from the middle of the ice with someone in front of the net.

Sedin's and Kesler need to pick their game up (goal wise) big time.
Booth also needs to learn to get his shot off quick and higher.

Agreed. I think the idea of loading up the 1st unit has to be put on the shelf if for no other reason than to induce some kind of change. Not like it can get any worse... :|

The Sedins and Kesler need to spend an hour at least just practicing their shots - and getting them higher and picking the sides better. It looked whenever they were able to get the puck higher than 6 inches over the ice, they were getting it right into Bishop's big frame. Bishop's good, but he's not that good, and Mason is not even as good and look how many shots he turned aside? Those guys can do it, but it looks like they need to just get back into form in their hands and in their heads.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

I turned the game off after we were up 1-0, Tampa took over, our guys looked like they thought it was too much trouble, - & it was only a matter of time....

Poor decisions, poor passes, and inconsistent effort level by the Canucks. That's three bad games in a row.

If that's the product they have to sell, someone else is welcome to it.
-------------------------
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

You are kidding right sage?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

No kidding.

If the team can't commit to a full effort, why invest time watching them?

There are other things to do.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That's fair enough..your choice entirely.

I on the other hand am thrilled at the 2nd best December in 43 of them . I am also thrilled to be a better team than I thought we were last year.
We have key injuries and have faired very well in spite of them. I am optimistic even though I hated the 3 rd period last night..
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The first half of the game was bad enough for me.

I look for at least one of three things in a game: effort; improvment; or quality of play. The Canucks didn't cut it last night, & haven't played well since before Christmas.

Lets hope things don't get ugly the next few games.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tough crowd...
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

What have they done for us lately?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I thought...quite a bit
Kings fans must be fed up with their team too...I mean even games and the "what have you done for me lately" are 1 pt back in the toughest division in the league..
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

rats19 wrote:I thought...quite a bit
Kings fans must be fed up with their team too...I mean even games and the "what have you done for me lately" are 1 pt back in the toughest division in the league..
I appreciate the 'glass half-full' approach, but even the players were saying this was arguably their worst game of the year thus far and Torts agreed. I'd been seeing the same weakness of their game - long stretches of futility trying to gain and keep the puck in the O-zone, mental gaffes in the neutral zone; and chasing the puck in their zone - for the past couple of games but they still managed to keep the other team to the outside more often than not, and Lack bailed them out when they didn't. This game Lack had a stinker, which exposed what the rest of the team had been doing for the last little while.

If they take this game and use it as a wake-up call before taking on the likes of LA and Anaheim, then great. Taking the division is a tall order and one far from theirs to control at this point, but if they can keep their position and perhaps creep up a spot or two then I would be as happy as anybody. I mean, we could be talking about Winnipeg, Edmonton or Calgary here. ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That's kind of my point a couple of not so good games. Of course we have to address the issues, but man we have done remarkable considering all that has happened.. Debbie downer has entered the building
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Most of us have half of the "don't get too high or too low" approach nailed down. ;)

The Canucks had a great run in December, but just like their record prior to that point the points percentage over 31 days isn't completely indicative of what kind of team we have here.

The Pacific division is the toughest in the league IMO and every team will have ups and downs - the ones at the top won't have many slumps though so if the Canucks want to crack the top 3 or even 2 they will have to, as we all agree, come back from this game dedicated to playing hard and playing the right way if they want to take points away from teams like LA and Anaheim and give themselves a chance to do that. Four four point games in the next twelve days..

It'd be real nice to be in the thick of the divisional race rather than just leading (right now) the wild card race. Suffice to say, this is not a team that can afford to coast.