GDT: NUCKS VS FLYERS 7:00 PM PST SNT (I think)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: NUCKS VS FLYERS 7:00 PM PST SNT (I think)

Post by dangler »

Topper wrote: Casual Kev or was he just rattled by the puck in the eye.
Yeah he didn't seem very sharp after the puck in the eye,heard a few criticisms of Hamhuis's game,thought Kev's was worse.

Tort's putting Sedin in the shoot out again,embarrassing himself ...again. Seems like Tort's plan of attack is "get better at it cause i'm going to keep putting you out there"
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Torts:
A mistake on the face-off is aggravating. We created a tremendous amount of scoring chances and you kick yourself in the teeth with a mistake off the face-off. I loved the way we played in back-to-backs, but we just need to finish those [scoring chances] off.
The Canucks made a lot of mistakes this game. The face off screw up stands out, because it's the one that hurt the most.

They need to get in sync quickly. There's a tough stretch coming up - Tampa/LA/Anaheim/Pitts/StLouis/LA/Anaheim.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

The Flyers are a big but slow team. As Topper alluded the Canucks have gone back to trying to make that long "breakout" pass from their zone to the opposition blue line. Most times however, it isn't to a forward a full speed but to a winger standing still. This play causes more turnovers or loss of possession than it is successful. They have been very good at coming out as a 5 man unit with speed when they shrink the gap between forwards & D men. This also reduces the risk of neutral zone turnovers. Trying to get in to forecheck from a standing start is nearly impossible.

Shootouts: If I was the coaching staff I would be telling them to shoot from the hashmarks. If you can place your shot 16" up on the sick side the goaltender cannot move quick enough. Christ, Linden did that for 3 years and was very successful with it.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Topper wrote:
Casual Kev or was he just rattled by the puck in the eye.
Good eye topper. Bieksa's game got worse and worse as the game went on. First time all season where the words casual Kev crossed my mind actually.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dangler wrote:
Yeah he didn't seem very sharp after the puck in the eye,heard a few criticisms of Hamhuis's game,thought Kev's was worse.

Tort's putting Sedin in the shoot out again,embarrassing himself ...again. Seems like Tort's plan of attack is "get better at it cause i'm going to keep putting you out there"
Embarrassing is right.

But the Sedins have said they want more responsibility so don't blame Torts. Torts is just giving the Sedins what they are asking for.

Right?
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

mathonwy wrote:
dangler wrote:

Embarrassing is right.

But the Sedins have said they want more responsibility so don't blame Torts. Torts is just giving the Sedins what they are asking for.

Right?
I'm with ya, and I like Tort's tactic's :cheers:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cookie La Rue wrote:damn this Booth has lost it,
When did he ever have it? Confused here. The guys puck skills are embarrassingly bad. His only one move skate wide with puck around d-man and crash net doesn't work anymore, what good is he then, other than being a real drain on the salary cap? He deserves about 1/4 the money he gets now. Hope he is saving his money cause he won't ever land another contract like the one he has now, if he ever does get signed in the NHL again.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Somebody told me that he scored some goals in Florida. But it's so long time ago that i can't remember. And obviously you can't too. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I haven't watched a single game of hockey since Nucks/Flyers, lol.

Been insanely busy, but the way we lost this game really turned me off and I haven't looked back since.

Looks like it's been an interesting month however, haha.

What the fuck happened in the Canucks/Flames game? Torts acted a little silly don't you think? Hartley can ice whoever the hell he wants, and it's Torts' job to match that. Only way Torts could have justified his odd behavior, was if this was a road game and Calgary had the last option to put out their lines.

My best guess is that Torts did all of this to simply fire up his team.......and set the intensity for the team moving forward. All in all? I love Torts.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises