GDT Canucks at blahkcocks TSN 4:30 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Canucks at blahkcocks TSN 4:30 pm

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I always find myself in awe of Booths deft puck possession skills, mainly his dependability to safely clear the puck out of danger from the Canucks end of the ice
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Time to SPLIT-UP the SEDINS! :thumbs:
Here we go again

Grasping at straws

Skyo, have u seen the latest Machete movie?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:Thanks, Spidey - it would be nice to have a have a [mod edit] night off.

Just like Dallas, horribly out shot in the 1st. Love the PK, a great save by Lack - but nothing going on in the Hawks zone.

PS: Fuck the Hawks
No worries Corny :drunk:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Much better start!

PS: Fuck the Hawks
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Zackaroo... Lofl yah baby
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

They cannot win all the games but their offensive time sucked so far.

Sedin's getting hit off the puck a lot tonight.

Richardson was running around a little on both of those goals as was Bieksa but again not every night will be a Snow White night.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

They are the best team in the NHL, and we have to battle to stay in the game with them. I don't see that as much of a slag at the Canucks, more of an acknowledgement of reality. That 09/10 team was one of the best ever assembled, IMO, and they've been able to retool quickly with some fast-developing draft choices. Of course being able to draft guys like Kane (1st overall) and Toews (3rd overall), fleecing the Flyers for Sharp, and having Hossa want to sign there helps...

Ultimately their best players are better than our best players. I don't think there's much difference in the depth of players, in fact the Canucks have better defensive depth when healthy. Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp is simply a better foursome than Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burrows.

On the plus side: Nice shot by Kassian. He could be quite the player, eh Dud?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Did Gillis drop the ball again by locking the aging Sedins to untradeable long term luongo type contracts? They suck right now
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Did Gillis drop the ball again by locking the aging Sedins to untradeable long term luongo type contracts? They suck right now
No...lighten up
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:They cannot win all the games but their offensive time sucked so far.

Sedin's getting hit off the puck a lot tonight.

Richardson was running around a little on both of those goals as was Bieksa but again not every night will be a Snow White night.
It was Booth who gave up puck possession on the first goal. Stop protecting your boi Booth
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Did Gillis drop the ball again by locking the aging Sedins to untradeable long term luongo type contracts? They suck right now
No...lighten up
Should I light some candles?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Do it for wildfaery..
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

I'll be curious to see how the Blackhawks maintain their elite status.

Kane and Toews will both be up for $10M+ per year deals when they hit UFA status after next season.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I miss Potatoe
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Wow. To think Hamhuis was once considered a candidate for the Olympic team... he's been atrocious this year. Just got skated around like it was beer league and he spent the flood crushing Pilsner.