GDT Canucks at blahkcocks TSN 4:30 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT Canucks at blahkcocks TSN 4:30 pm

Post by rats19 »

Missed the presser.. What did torts say was the reason for his shootout choices?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:Missed the presser.. What did torts say was the reason for his shootout choices?
Said your best players have to be in the SO. Said they want to be in the SO, they want to lead the team. Said he has coached great players who want nothing to do with the SO so you don't use them but he has talked to the twins and they want to be part if it. No secret, you have to give your best players a chance to work it out. Case closed, as long as they want to be part of the SO he will use them in that situation. But at the same time he wants to use different guys too, shake it up and see who can step it up.

As I said in another post I was more impressed with him going to three forwards in the OT. I like that aggressive go for it approach.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Thnx wids.,.ok so maybe the twins will work on it then. I am sure I could have looked better than Henrik did..
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote: I will forever always be in awe of David Booths consistency at defensive zone giveaways due to his deft stick handling and his high IQ vision under tight checking. I'm just trying to decide who is a better stick handler - Steve 'hot potato puck' Bernier or David 'all thumbs' Booth.
LOL.

FYI - I always chuckle/smirk now whenever I see David Booth on my television set thanks to you. :o :D
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^
Add my name to that list..lol
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

:lol:

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote: Again, sorry about that post of mine thursday night.
I don't think much about past postings, I am not very loyal to them. I'm always moving forward. This is the very thing that drives Doc 'archivist' Strangelove crazy about me.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:^^
me three,
I always imagine the beer can stack crashing to the ground in the RD household every time the christian adonis graces the screen haha
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Per wrote: I basically agree. The Sedin game is based on cycling and tape to tape passes. You can't do that in the shootout.

Still. I can see Torts's reasoning. They are expected to carry the team, and the shootout is a time to prove that you are a clutch player. The Sedins always find some new detail to work on during the summer. I think Torts may be pointing out what they need to work on.
The playoffs are the time to prove you are a clutch player.

The shoot out is a circus freakshow that gives the advantage to playoff disappearers like Mason "Spinnerama" Raymond.

Instead of the Sedins working on their shoot out skills, I'd rather see the Sedins figure out their 4 on 4 game. There was a time when the Sedins absolutely owned 4on4. I yearn for those days again. :)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote: Said your best players have to be in the SO. Said they want to be in the SO, they want to lead the team. Said he has coached great players who want nothing to do with the SO so you don't use them but he has talked to the twins and they want to be part if it. No secret, you have to give your best players a chance to work it out. Case closed, as long as they want to be part of the SO he will use them in that situation. But at the same time he wants to use different guys too, shake it up and see who can step it up.

As I said in another post I was more impressed with him going to three forwards in the OT. I like that aggressive go for it approach.
If the twins really and truly want to be in the shootout then absolutely, they've earned the right to do so.

From a fan perspective, everytime I see them in a shootout, the end result always makes me feel otherwise.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Knight wrote: FYI - I always chuckle/smirk now whenever I see David Booth on my television set thanks to you. :o :D
Try to imagine my expression when I saw Booth lining up for the Shoot out and then the follow up flubbing of the puck as he closed in on the goalie.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

RoyalDude wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: FYI - I always chuckle/smirk now whenever I see David Booth on my television set thanks to you. :o :D
Try to imagine my expression when I saw Booth lining up for the Shoot out and then the follow up flubbing of the puck as he closed in on the goalie.
Lol. :lol:

To be honest, the few laugh out loud moments I had with Booth was earlier in the year. I can't remember the exact situations, but it always involved him in the offensive zone skating around with the puck and completely hogging it, despite his linemates being open. And then him idiotically trying to drive the net with him either losing the puck or being knocked on his ass. It was in those golden moments where I thought of Canuckscorner.com poster Royaldude. :D

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's even more confounding caped crusader with Mumbai lineage is the constant lifesavers the CC'ers keep tossing ole Boothy there, the love for Goliath around here is perplexing. Some even suggested recently that the Canucks should not buy out ole Boothy this summer but keep him here next season. What the?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:^^
me three,
I always imagine the beer can stack crashing to the ground in the RD household every time the christian adonis graces the screen haha
Me 4

Booth scored - RD disappears

Booth screws up and Christians through out the world duck for cover.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Go Boothie Go