GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on C

Post by sagebrush »

Tortorella motivates this group better than AV.

In-game adjustments. Passion. Intensity.

Shelf life.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:I'm happy about the win obviously, but how does the team let Marchand get away with taunting the fans like that?

Like I said - I'm very happy with the win tonight.......but I'm disappointed that no one went after Marchand.

Hopefully, a deranged fan gets the job done before Marchand leaves for the airport.
He certainly went overboard. To me he should have gotten a 10 minute misconduct when he did the cup raise thing. I don't mind the Canucks not going out of their way to get him. If the hit was there sure but to me you let it go. Just win and move on. We don't need any suspensions because are feelings are hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved a good hit or two n him but it's not worth letting him getting under your skin.
Hope someone puts a fucking bullet in his head before he leaves tonight.
Excessive?

It's too cold outside to riot.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hey Sagebrush (and to anyone else that saw my comment before I deleted it),

My apologies, and I mean that.

Obviously, I have a lot of pent up emotion from a few years ago, but there's a fine line between intensity and making stupid comments.

Will try and think before I post in the future.

Have a great night, and good job Nucks!
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

rats19 wrote:Well I enjoyed that. Good job coach and team..
Yeah.. a good timeout call by Torts and goals from all 4 lines.. Win was marred a bit because of
Bruins injuries plus flu bug .. Iginla maybe the best Bruin on the ice.. Now if only someone ( a Sedin ) had
beat the snot outta Marchand it would have been a perfect game ..Lou had another great game.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Pretty good chirp by Marchand imo hah, but we'll take the easy win. 2pts!

Team gives and gets chirps ain't no thang to get all worked up about.
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Claude Julien not thrilled with Marchand's antics with ring finger Guessing there's a chat coming between coach & player
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Great to see the Nucks come out with a big win tonite. Nice to see Magic Mike come up with a good game as well. I think Kelly Hrudey said it well, he said when he chatted with Santorelli early in the season, he could see that Santorelli knew this was his last chance in the NHL. Santorelli is playing hungry and playing every game like it's his last to remain in the big show. He knows that if he doesn't make good here, he'll fall into hockey obscurity, stuck in the American League or the Euro Leagues for the rest of his career (kind of like what happened to Tambellini, Ebbett, S.Kariya, Holden, etc). Once u go there, it's almost impossible to get back to the NHL.

I think MayRay saw the writing on the wall too, he knows it's probably his last kick in the can, so he's playing hard, playing consistently and is having a good start in TO. I like both guys and hope they get rewarded with a nice multi-year contract and stay as NHL players for a few more years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote:Pretty good chirp by Marchand imo hah, but we'll take the easy win. 2pts!

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Claude Julien not thrilled with Marchand's antics with ring finger Guessing there's a chat coming between coach & player
Yep.. Marchand is a master at getting under the skin of opposing players and fans.. Plus has enough skill to make other teams pay the price.. Hate him as a Bruin .. love to see him on Canucks :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:Pretty good chirp by Marchand imo hah, but we'll take the easy win. 2pts!

Hats off to Coach Julien. I thought he was bit of a douche when we played him in 2011, but that was playoffs and war, he had to stick up for his team no matter what. I'm glad he criticized one of his players when his guy acted like a classless tard.

I still wish Torts played Sestito and Alberts, so one of them could of punched Marchand in the head. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I was impressed by Julien's presser. No tolerance for those antics and said it will be addressed. It's a fine line playing that role but he started in the warm up and just continued even after the game was out of reach. apparently he had been told after the warm to cut it out which I think was why Julien was so pissed.

In the grand scheme of things it really wasn't a big deal and we have had our share of that crap. It's knowing when to do it and when to let it go. I think he makes himself look pretty stupid. But his job in part is to instigate and shit disturb. I'd rather have that then an on ice mugging.

I think the media will make more of this just as they did with the Kassian taunt towards Gagne. If it bothers the players then it will keep happening, that's the point, get opponents off their game.

If the Bruin's decide to move him there will be a ton of takers.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Well the thing is, Julien always looked like a hypocrite because he stood on his high horse & pointed the finger at the Canucks....then his players did the exact same things. After stating how the Bruins were above that crap, his guys went & pulled it. He (and the entire team) had good reason to be pissed w/ Marchand's antics. It made them ALL look bad and reflected very poorly on the organization. It was a total lack of class.

In terms of it being his job as an agitator, much like Burrows or Kesler I would disagree. I don't think there's room for Marchand's type of agitating. Its low brow all the way. Those guys all have far more talent and there's no need for the BS. If Marchand played hard and clean I'd probably be a fan. The guy has some serious skill. However, the way he plays I think he's a puke and Neal's knee would agree. Agitators like Holmstrom and Hornqvist and good examples of effective agitators imo. They get in front of the net & cause all kinds of shit.

What Marchand does just doesn't belong in the game, its pathetic & immature. Look to Roy's retort to Roenick for a good example of how to taunt about Cup rings and maintain a level of class. If he did it during the game he'd look like a fool as well.

Did anyone see that clip of the Bruins walking in to the Rog? ...when Marchand winked like the d-bag he is... total scum.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Tiger wrote:

Yep.. Marchand is a master at getting under the skin of opposing players and fans.. Plus has enough skill to make other teams pay the price.. Hate him as a Bruin .. love to see him on Canucks :)

I wouldn't have that little fucker on my team for all the tea in china. There he is kissing his finger when his team is down but not out of the game. What an asshole! No, Julien is serious when he calls that little fucking puke on his antics.
Great win tonight , Kessler played great
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ClamRussel wrote:Julien always looked like a hypocrite because he stood on his high horse
Quite the circus artist, eh? :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

This was my X-mas Weekend, 10:2 with gifts from Holy Booth who scored a hell of a Goal, Santa "Mike" Relli playing like a superstar, the Hansen buckle, Henrik the captain C with a smooth Highlight shot, Kes the working horse like his stud Higgins, on the back end, Tanev who's looking like me :lol: , i liek hockey and the Canucks yyeeeeehawwww.
:drink:

Btw i just watched both games on a row on demand, holy shiiiiit.. :cheers:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tiger wrote:
rats19 wrote:Well I enjoyed that. Good job coach and team..
Yeah.. a good timeout call by Torts and goals from all 4 lines.. Win was marred a bit because of
Bruins injuries plus flu bug .. Iginla maybe the best Bruin on the ice.. Now if only someone ( a Sedin ) had
beat the snot outta Marchand it would have been a perfect game ..Lou had another great game.

LOL win was marred by Bruins flu bug . Maybe they should have re scheduled it. I just got in the door. Partied like it was the mid 90s. Mother fucker the Blobcat is back.

I think(hope ) I pvrd the game. Saw bits of it at the party I was at. Dude was a Bruins fan and had the NESN feed on. When Jack Edwards was beaking after the brief slapping contest I said I hope the asshole gets mouth cancer. You could have heard a pin drop and there were 50- 60 people there.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

okcanuck wrote:
I wouldn't have that little fucker on my team for all the tea in china. There he is kissing his finger when his team is down but not out of the game. What an asshole! No, Julien is serious when he calls that little fucking puke on his antics.
Great win tonight , Kessler played great

I would take Marchand in a heartbeat.

So you'll gladly take the biters, hair pullers and divers but Marchand is the puke. ...........ok
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”