GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on C

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Hey Doc...your Photoshop skills are getting crazy! :thumbs:
Still have Photoshop, but haven't been using it.

Stole this one from someone named @MoeninGlory....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: but don't be a fucking hypocrite and tell me that Marchand is any worse than Kesler
Marchand is way worse then Kesler.

Kesler may talk a lot on the ice and he has a history of diving but unlike Marchand he doesn't try to hurt people.

Kesler plays a clean physical game, he's never been suspended and I actually cant recall him doing anything that was boarder line. Being a bit douchy after the whistle is not even close to the same as deliberately trying to hurt other players.

Marchant is a dirty player with a history of deliberately causing injuries. That makes him a far bigger dirt bag than anyone on the current Canuck team.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: but don't be a fucking hypocrite and tell me that Marchand is any worse than Kesler
Marchand is way worse then Kesler.

Kesler may talk a lot on the ice and he has a history of diving but unlike Marchand he doesn't try to hurt people.

Kesler plays a clean physical game, he's never been suspended and I actually cant recall him doing anything that was boarder line. Being a bit douchy after the whistle is not even close to the same as deliberately trying to hurt other players.

Marchant is a dirty player with a history of deliberately causing injuries. That makes him a far bigger dirt bag than anyone on the current Canuck team.
Absolutely Marchand is a dirtier player than Kesler or even the biter for that matter. I was just trying the play devils advocate with the people whining and crying about Marchand's antics on Saturday night by explaining the Canucks have a couple of greasy, grubby, yappy rats of their own. What I posted was in that vein and not suggesting the Canucks rats were just as dirty of hockey players.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I was just trying the play devils advocate with the people whining and crying about Marchand's antics on Saturday night by explaining the Canucks have a couple of greasy, grubby, yappy rats of their own. What I posted was in that vein and not suggesting the Canucks rats were just as dirty of hockey players.
Fair enough.

I just found it a little effing weird that you seemed to be so praiseworthy of Marchand and yet so critical of Burrows (and some other Canucks.....present and former). Like it almost seemed that you wanted to come across as being 'objective' and 'unbiased' so badly, that you swung too far to the other side of pendulum.

Also - FYI - I wasn't crying about Marchand's antics. I was saying, in an extreme way perhaps, that the Canucks needed to go after Marchand.

I was angry with Marchand as a result of a number of incidences (i.e. speed bagging Sedin, scoring 2 goals against us in Game 7, clipping Salo, his comments about the Canucks last year during the Pens/Bruins series, his theatrics from this past Saturday).

For all of those reasons, I believed that we should go after Marchand and give him a little taste of Southern USA/Soviet Union style justice.
Another thing I should mention: I was feeling super amped on Gameday and oddly enough, became even more amped after the game. Almost felt like I was on crack. I felt like Brock Lesnar did after he beat up Frank Mir in that second fight. Regardless of some of my idiotic comments, I wish all NHL players the best of success and best of luck as a whole, and that includes Marchand and Lucic. Anyone who gets to that level obviously deserves a lot of respect.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^
Disclaimer
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Interesting article from Pass it to Bulis, how Torts beat the Bruins.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/12/17 ... he-sedins/
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Interesting article from Pass it to Bulis, how Torts beat the Bruins.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/12/17 ... he-sedins/
Very interesting. Torts will make adjustments during the game which AV will never make.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Fresh air..nice job torts. Don't know how long being screamed at works but that matchup strategy was just good coaching
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….