GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on C

Post by dbr »

Farhan it might be time for you to seek actual, professional help :lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
I wouldn't have that little fucker on my team for all the tea in china. There he is kissing his finger when his team is down but not out of the game. What an asshole! No, Julien is serious when he calls that little fucking puke on his antics.
Great win tonight , Kessler played great

I would take Marchand in a heartbeat.

So you'll gladly take the biters, hair pullers and divers but Marchand is the puke. ...........ok
Let's be honest, if Marshmont would physically engage with anyone he'd probably have a few chomps (assuming that beak didn't get in the way) and a hair pull or two under his belt by now and he's a diver already..

And I wouldn't take him on my team because my team isn't loaded with enormous assholes and doesn't enjoy favouritism from league HQ so who knows whether he'd actually be effective when held accountable for his antics.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

I have long said I would have Marchand on Vancouver Canucks any day and that was only reinforced last night. The guy would be potting 40 next to Hank and Dan.

Loved Henrik's reply to to Marchand kissing his ring finger and fake lifting the Cup. Henrik turned his back and skated away without lifting a finger .... just like he did to two President's Trophies. That's showing them Hank!

Rask stunk like a flu.

Great listening to commentators act surprised with Luongo as they cover their asses for their preseason Oly pics.

1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, PP, PK, ugly and pretty ... the goals went in.

I mentioned after Torts was hired that the difference between he and AV would be in leadership. AV delegated that to his core group of players, Tororella is the undisputed leader.

While we have been discussing flipping a switch and whether a switch even exists, Tortorella comes into town and shows all of us the buttons that need to be pressed.

Iggie as he was in Bountiful, trying to pick a fight late in an out of control loss. While he played, not much of a shot after hitting Kesler's helmet. If Iggies finger really was badly bent, looked like camera angle had a lot to do with the imagery, it can only help him picking his fat nose.

So donny dingleballs prefers blows to the head over blows to the hands. And the did he cut himself on the Xmas ornament?

Once the score was getting out of hand, the Bruins began having less and less control of their sticks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

There was nothing that I saw last night that changed my hatred of the bruins whatsoever...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Hopefully, a deranged fan gets the job done before Marchand leaves for the airport.

Hope someone puts a fucking bullet in his head before he leaves tonight.
You're a perfect example of why we have a bad reputation as fans here in Vancouver.

What a fucking stupid pair of comments you made there....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Says the guy urinating on the ceremonial head of an aboriginal.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This game reminded me of how banged up the Nucks were against the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals, only the Bruins were the more banged up, sickly bunch this time.

Still don't see us matching up well with a healthy Bruins squad vs a Canuck healthy squad.

Enjoyed the bully beat down, though.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
I wouldn't have that little fucker on my team for all the tea in china. There he is kissing his finger when his team is down but not out of the game. What an asshole! No, Julien is serious when he calls that little fucking puke on his antics.
Great win tonight , Kessler played great

I would take Marchand in a heartbeat.

So you'll gladly take the biters, hair pullers and divers but Marchand is the puke. ...........ok
Didn't take you to be a flake there Blob.

While your excessive praise of Marchand is cute......if not strange.......he's having a terrible season this year. Check out his stats. Maybe he misses Tyler Seguin whispering sweet nothings into his ear at nights. Who knows?

You're willing to throw Burrows under a bus and yet here you sit praising Marchand.

Atleast Royaldude has openly admitted that he's a troll and an antagonist on here. What's your excuse?
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

vic wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
Hopefully, a deranged fan gets the job done before Marchand leaves for the airport.

Hope someone puts a fucking bullet in his head before he leaves tonight.
You're a perfect example of why we have a bad reputation as fans here in Vancouver.

What a fucking stupid pair of comments you made there....
We have a bad rep due to the smear campaign that the media's of Alberta and Toronto created in 2011 out of jealousy. Once they created that, rival teams' media's from Chicago, Boston,.....and then ultimately LA and San Jose ran with it.

7 of 30 sports media's (along with Canuckscorner.com poster Blob McKenzie apparently) relished in the idea of the Canucks being the most hated team in the league........full of whiners, divers, biters, and rioters.......and ultimately became successful in portraying that 29 of 30 teams felt that way.

As far as Marchand goes, he deserved to have his face smashed in.........whether that was from a player on the ice, or a fan off the ice.

The point I'm making is this: We have a bad rep already. It' wasn't created from "fans" like me, it was created from jealous media in Alberta and Toronto.

If Vancouver (fan or player) had attacked ?Marchand, it would've been painted as 'gutless'. If the situation was reversed however and a dude from Boston or Chicago had done the same thing, it would've been painted as, "fairly classless thing to do, but you've got to respect how these guys stand up for one another and are all on the same page. That's a tough city over there."

I stand by what I said. Marchand should've been jumped. Vigilante justice.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

RoyalDude wrote:This game reminded me of how banged up the Nucks were against the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals, only the Bruins were the more banged up, sickly bunch this time.

Still don't see us matching up well with a healthy Bruins squad vs a Canuck healthy squad.

Enjoyed the bully beat down, though.
I can agree with this.

One thing that concerns me about the Canucks, is the high quality of scoring chances that are going against them. This is especially noticeable against elite teams. Still a significant number of turnovers and 2 on 1's going against us........even if we're getting a higher number of shots on the other goalie.

Canucks are on the right track but there's still work that needs to be done.

They need to find that equilibrium between being aggressive while not giving up scary high quality chances.

The Dark Indian Rises
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Topper wrote:Says the guy urinating on the ceremonial head of an aboriginal.
Good one dude

Someone could shoot the little fucking weasel and I would put money into his defense fund. Fuck the nasty toad!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ClamRussel wrote:Well the thing is, Julien always looked like a hypocrite because he stood on his high horse & pointed the finger at the Canucks....then his players did the exact same things. After stating how the Bruins were above that crap, his guys went & pulled it. He (and the entire team) had good reason to be pissed w/ Marchand's antics. It made them ALL look bad and reflected very poorly on the organization. It was a total lack of class.

In terms of it being his job as an agitator, much like Burrows or Kesler I would disagree. I don't think there's room for Marchand's type of agitating. Its low brow all the way. Those guys all have far more talent and there's no need for the BS. If Marchand played hard and clean I'd probably be a fan. The guy has some serious skill. However, the way he plays I think he's a puke and Neal's knee would agree. Agitators like Holmstrom and Hornqvist and good examples of effective agitators imo. They get in front of the net & cause all kinds of shit.

What Marchand does just doesn't belong in the game, its pathetic & immature. Look to Roy's retort to Roenick for a good example of how to taunt about Cup rings and maintain a level of class. If he did it during the game he'd look like a fool as well.
Well, I think Kesler and Burrows certainly used to be in the Marchand category of chirping. Calling out Backes' wife, giving Richards the cocaine hockey stick, biting, pulling hair in fights, diving all over the ice etc. etc. It's pretty obvious why we were the most hated team in hockey. The problem is, all the guys we pull that shit on (expect Backes) now have cup rings. You can chirp Keith all you want, he's got a couple. Richards and his apparent coke habbit... got a ring. Marchand doesn't have to be creative anymore, he's got a ring and Kesler and Burrows don't. I think eating some of that humble pie has forced them to tone it down a little bit.

I imagine that Julien is worried about how Marchand's antics will reflect on his team. It's obvious that people notice when you're a dick. If the Bruins want to be considered a hard-nosed, fair team, then they have to keep Marchand on a leash. It wastes effort by guys like Iginla and Chara when you have dirtballs like that you constantly have to defend.

Anyways, the best way to beat shit like that (just like with Kesler and Burrows) is to beat them on the ice. Good for the Bruins, you won a cup two years ago. The Canucks have won both games since, this one in convincing fashion. There's nothing you can do about Marchand kissing the ring, except to beat him on the scoreboard.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

The Brown Knight wrote: We have a bad rep due to the smear campaign that the media's of Alberta and Toronto created in 2011 out of jealousy. Once they created that, rival teams' media's from Chicago, Boston,.....and then ultimately LA and San Jose ran with it.

7 of 30 sports media's (along with Canuckscorner.com poster Blob McKenzie apparently) relished in the idea of the Canucks being the most hated team in the league........full of whiners, divers, biters, and rioters.......and ultimately became successful in portraying that 29 of 30 teams felt that way.

As far as Marchand goes, he deserved to have his face smashed in.........whether that was from a player on the ice, or a fan off the ice.

The point I'm making is this: We have a bad rep already. It' wasn't created from "fans" like me, it was created from jealous media in Alberta and Toronto.

If Vancouver (fan or player) had attacked ?Marchand, it would've been painted as 'gutless'. If the situation was reversed however and a dude from Boston or Chicago had done the same thing, it would've been painted as, "fairly classless thing to do, but you've got to respect how these guys stand up for one another and are all on the same page. That's a tough city over there."

I stand by what I said. Marchand should've been jumped. Vigilante justice.
The best part about your crazy reaction is that it's EXACTLY what Marchand wants. He's trolling you. Hard. He wants you to lose your mind and forget there's a hockey game to be played. Marchand 1. Farhan 0.

As for the rest of your post, you can't accept that Flames and Oiler fans would be a big jealous of our success, when their teams were complete trash and our punching bags? Or maybe it's because our team DID dive its way to Powerplays, and refused to get dragged into the trenches. For hockey fans of truculence and Don Cherry acolytes, the Canucks' 2010/11 style of play was far to European. Head snap for the PP, score, skate away from provocation. For lunch-bucket teams like Calgary (2004), Edmonton (2006) and Toronto, they were certainly jealous of our skill and therfore mocked the way we played the game. Of course they would cheer for a team like LA or Boston.

Jealousy is the ultimate form of flattery, dontchaknow.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Island Nucklehead wrote:The best part about your crazy reaction is that it's EXACTLY what Marchand wants. He's trolling you. Hard. He wants you to lose your mind and forget there's a hockey game to be played. Marchand 1. Farhan 0.
Once upon a time, during the late 90's, another hockey player thought it would be good tactic to troll a city and their fans after busting one of the players' faces open with a dirty hit during the playoffs.

The troll's name was Claude Lemieux. In 1996, he busted Kris Draper's face open with a cowardly hit, and then made some less than flattering comments about it afterwards.

Want to know what happened?

1) Claude Lemieux received death threats and hate mail.

2) When Lemieux showed up to Detroit about a year later, Wings fans lined up outside of his hotel wanting to kick his ass........which scared the shit out of Lemieux.

3) McCarty cleaned his fucking clock on the ice.

4) Lemieux's shit kicking marked the turning point in where the Avs soon-to-be dynasty, instead became Detroit's soon-to- be dynasty. Avs were a far more talented team than the Wings that year.........but lost.

The Wings went on to win the cup that year, and became one of the greatest dynasties in hockey.

I know this, because the Wings were my 2nd favorite team from 1994 to 2006 and I followed them almost as closely as I did Vancouver.

Claude Lemieux trolled........Claude Lemieux got fucked up like a little bitch pussy.

"1-0"

The Dark Indian Rises
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Considering the only way Vancouver sees Boston again in a playoff series is the Finals, I don't think the example really applies, except that you really hate Marchand and it's probably because he beat you. If he would've speed-bagged Sedin and we would have won, would he even be a consideration? Nope. He beat us, and you're still butthurt about it. Your therapist can probably help you with that...

1996 is nearly 20 years, and 2 lockouts ago. Zack Kassian was 5 years old, Nathan MacKinnon was shitting in a diaper. Times have changed.

Also, in that 1996-2002 period, Colorado won 3/5 series between the two teams. Lemieux and his Avs finished off the Wings in the same game he creamed Draper, and went on to win the Cup.