GDT:Carolina @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET FS-CR,SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT:Carolina @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET FS-CR,SNET-P

Post by rats19 »

Last 10: Carolina 5-4-1; Vancouver 6-2-2

Season series: This is the second of two games between the Carolina Hurricanes and Vancouver Canucks. Vancouver earned a 3-2 win against the Hurricanes at PNC Arena on Dec. 1. Canucks forward Ryan Kesler had two goals.

Big story: Each team brings a win streak to Rogers Arena. The Hurricanes begin a three-game road trip having won their past three games; Vancouver made it four in a row when it earned a 3-1 victory against the Colorado Avalanche at Rogers Arena on Sunday night.

Team Scope:

Hurricanes: Carolina continued its winning ways with a 5-3 victory against the San Jose Sharks at PNC Arena on Friday night. The Hurricanes rallied from a 2-0 deficit and scored four goals in the third period. Elias Lindholm, 19, had a goal and two assists to pace Carolina.

"That's the player we drafted," Muller said of Lindholm, who was the fifth player selected at the 2013 NHL Draft. "He's smart, he's got hockey sense, and he can make plays in small areas. That was a lot of fun seeing him get some results tonight, and I think that's going to be a big confidence builder."

Canucks: Vancouver has had trouble protecting leads on home ice in recent games, but that wasn't the case Sunday. Mike Santorelli scored 5:34 into the game, Ryan Kesler made it 2-0 early in the third period and Santorelli scored again with 12:43 remaining to help the Canucks build a 3-0 lead against the Avalanche. Roberto Luongo (28 saves) had his shutout bid spoiled with 7.1 seconds remaining in regulation.

Vancouver has won four straight for the second time this season.

"If you want to be successful in this league, you've got to be able to hold onto leads, and tonight we did it the right way," Santorelli said. "We wanted to come out strong and not look at the time, and that's what we did."

Who's hot: Hurricanes captain Eric Staal has a four-game point streak (one goal, four assists). Jeff Skinner has six goals and one assist in his past five games. … Canucks defenseman Jason Garrison has a four-game point streak (one goal, five assists) and Santorelli has three goals and four assists in his past six games. Kesler has five goals in his past four.

Injury report: Carolina forward Alexander Semin (concussion) is close to returning. The Hurricanes will likely be without defensemen Mike Komisarek (lower body) and Drayson Bowman (lower body), along with forward Patrick Dwyer (upper body). … Vancouver forward Jordan Schroeder (ankle) is out.

*why NHL.com does not include Edler & Burrows in our injury report..i dunno

4-2 nucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT:Carolina @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET FS-CR,SNET-P

Post by rats19 »

I lack no faith
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

For the most part I like what Torts has done for the Canucks. BUT (there's that but), Hansen with the Sedins!? Jeeesus, hasn't Torts figured out that Hansen is NOT a go to, or finish man?? Guess not. How long will it take for him to figure it out? While I'm here harping away, does he hate Kassian? I mean come on man! Enough already. Torts is being a tard if you ask me... at least about these two players anyways.
cc oldtimer
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Tanev with the goal! One more and he'll have five in his career. :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tanev....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Why does hank take so many holding & hooking calls...slow? I mean if it negates a good scoring chance ok..but come on
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

God damn it Anal, smarten up.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is it too early to call him...

Eddie the örn?
If you need air...call it in
rockjetty
CC Rookie

Post by rockjetty »

rats19 wrote:Why does hank take so many holding & hooking calls...slow? I mean if it negates a good scoring chance ok..but come on
Because he gets away with it more often than not... It is one of the ways the twins make space for each other... It does seem to happen too often though :|
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Is it too early to call him...

Eddie the örn?
IDRK
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Not a single fuckin shot on that powerplay. gawd
cc oldtimer
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Booth is a really bad hockey player
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Booth is a really bad hockey player
You are a really bad glass half full supporter
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Good thing we signed Santa for the league minimum and is considered the best bargain in the league... ;)
Atta boy Gillis!
If you need air...call it in
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Say something new dude.......JESUS!

p.s. On an unrelated note, I wonder if Gillis should target some old reclamation projects (I.e. Buy low, sell high) to see if they rediscover their respective games. Jonathan Cheechoo for instance, might find his game again if he was a Canuck. Canucks could always use scoring help, and Cheechoo has some good hands. You don't just lose that. He might fit well with the twins. Granted, there's a chance that Cheechoo would be nothing more than a reserve player if he was up in the NHL (I.e. Press box duty), but it could be worth the risk.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises