GDT:Carolina @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET FS-CR,SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Re: GDT:Carolina @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET FS-CR,SNET-P

Post by Art Vandelay »

Cheechoo sure why not ? How about Shane Churla and Donald Brashear ? Maybe Barry Beck.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Eddie the ööööörn!!!!!!

örns his first shutout
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

woohoo! 5 game winning streak!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boring game. We played very well defensively and it was obvious we were tired in the third. Lack looked very good. Time to trade Luongo before we have another goalie controversy. :mrgreen:

Gotta find someone to play with the twins. Kassian looked good tonight, Weise not so much. Pleased with the result.

Crazy schedule, we are off until Friday then another back to back.

5 in a row, 6 of 7. PK perfect but nada on the PP.

Moving on up in the standings, screw the games in hand!
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Of course we get the SO tonight - Lack's not in my pool!

Good for the kid, regardless.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:Gotta find someone to play with the twins. Kassian looked good tonight, Weise not so much.
Not bad for a so-called "fourth liner." Glad I didn't have the time to watch the full game but the shift I saw Kassian w/ the twins was exciting enough. Generated chances & more importantly he looks like he can play their game. Its worth pursuing because the potential is there. Weise....umm. Hansen always been a very valuable 3rd liner. Good energy, strong on the forecheck and plays physical enough. Good to see him get the empty netter.

This should have been back-to-back shutouts. We're still in tight in the standings w/ all the extra games played.

Next practice: "How to clear the zone."
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I would like to give credit where credit is due, they played a smart game tonight; not flashy, but responsible and relatively mistake free. Kudos to Hansen for scoring a goal and proving me a liar (albeit empty net). Wouldn't you know it, Kassian actually DID play with the Sedins... for one or two shifts, and Torts had Kassian out on the ice with a minute or so to go! (Does this mean that Kass is proving himself to be reliable?). Tort's first 5 game winning streak with the Canucks.
cc oldtimer
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote:woohoo! 5 game winning streak!
Other than lacks performance and good defensive play.. not much to cheer..
Oh well.. a wins a win and they held onto to a 1 goal lead.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

nuckster wrote:Jeeesus, hasn't Torts figured out that Hansen is NOT a go to, or finish man?
Agreed. He's more of a Danish man. :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Canucks defensive play has been improving the last few games. There were plenty of bobbles in this game, but the guys are covering for each other better.

Got to learn to win those tight games in order to beat the big boys.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

mathonwy wrote:God damn it Anal, smarten up.
I think Torts heard my comment.

Alberts only had 6 minutes of ice time all night (I don't think he saw the ice again after that horrific shift).
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Eddie Lack attack pack! Nice to see Lack get the shutout. Boy, the kid has a great glove, he's grabbing pucks out of the air like he's playing baseball. I'm glad he's not like Lou, always giving up the SO in the last minute. :lol:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Art Vandelay wrote:Cheechoo sure why not ? How about Shane Churla and Donald Brashear ? Maybe Barry Beck.
I played in a game against Barry Beck in a beer league tournament once, he had to play defence and he wasn't allowed to cross the offensive blue line...it took two days to skate around his reach and we lost like 12 - 0..

To be fair though we had won the late game the night before and it was the early game Sunday morning and half our team didn't show up and the other half was pretty hung over.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

This game was frustrating to watch because both teams played well defensively. Not much was given up. Lack didn't face too many "holy fuck" opportunities but he was solid the whole game - earned the SO even though it got a little hairy towards the end with the Canuck legs running out of gas.

The Sedins need somebody else on their line because Booth and Hansen weren't it. Kassian really should earn that spot, but you almost have to try him up there by default because nobody else seems to have been able to make that line go with the twins.

The powerplay had a couple of dangerous moments, but they seem to be getting predictable again. I dunno, maybe put somebody in the high slot for rebounds or whatever, but this trying to get cross passes from the half boards to the back door guy/bomb it from the point just isn't working. Time for Gulutzan to get more hands-on here.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Clear the track, here comes Lack! I know he wasn’t drafted, which is obviously the end-all-be-all for hockey players, but he does look good. Very steady, positionally sound, a good glove hand and a great personality to boot. You can colour me impressed.

That sure was a boring game, but sometimes boring is good in the dog days of the season.

It’s nice to see that the guys have eliminated the two or three brain farts that were ending up in the back of our net earlier on in the season.

One of my biggest hopes with switching the coaching staff was reinvigorating the defense. It seemed like the approach AV and Bowness were using had really grown old. I really like what Torts and Sullivan have done in this respect. The compete level is higher and they are consistently making simple, effective plays.

I can't remember us ever having a back-to-back home games, never mind two times in one home stand. Weird scheduling.

Power plays are most effective when the puck is being moved around quickly. For some reason the twins slow things down, which makes passes become predictable.

Boy are we are closing in fast on the midway point of the season…nice time to get on a roll.

Higgins has turned things around since last year, and Hamhuis has really turned it around since the beginning of the season. If Kesler and Santorelli can keep it going, boy what a godsend that would be.