GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:Luongo deserved more shit than Jannick for that 1st goal. There was no reason to cheat, the pass wasn't there. Like Garrison misplaying the 2 on 1 last game, Luongo's responsibility is the shooter.
I thought it was interesting last weekend when Luongo was on After Hours and he said Torts doesn't talk to him about his game "much". He said they mostly talk about American football and he leaves the coaching to Roland Melanson. So... I guess Torts yelled at Janick instead? :lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Under AV we complained endlessly about how certain players were always in his dog house yet most everyone else were never held accountable. Torts steps up and gets in the face of a third line player that must play hard every shift to be effective for this team and it was a little harsh? :?: :?:

Torts was unhappy with his whole shift. He let him know it and benched him the rest of the first. He got like 8 minutes all game. Weise stepped up and had a great game. I for one find it refreshing that Torts makes those in game decisions. We have a plethora of third/forth line players. They all need to be held accountable for every shift. Now if he would just bench the twins on the PP for a game or two to get the message through to them that they have 5 skaters on the ice for the PP and three if them are not named Sedin, maybe they would get the message.
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:We have a plethora of third/forth line players. They all need to be held accountable for every shift.
Especially when you have more then six of them in your lineup every game. :D

This is Tort's way of coaching. I don't know how long it will be affective, but I don't have an issue with it. He's going to keep everyone on their toes. If you're sitting on the bench and you see a guy like Hansen ripped into like that, you're going to think twice about coasting. I see it as a refreshing alternative to AV's style.
Last edited by BurningBeard on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BurningBeard wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:We have a plethora of third/forth line players. They all need to be held accountable for every shift.
Especially when we have more then six of them in your lineup every game. :D

This is Tort's way of coaching. I don't know how long it will be affective, but I don't have an issue with it. He's going to keep everyone on their toes. If you're sitting on the bench and you see a guy like Hansen ripped into like that, you're going to think twice about coasting. I see it as a refreshing alternative to AV's style.
A player like Kassian sees that and knows he is not being picked on. He sees that Torts wants from him what he wants and expects from his veterans. Players working their butt off see the value in that. They will get rewarded. Ya, I like what Torts brings.

Many games with Bert we could have used a Torts!
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:This is Tort's way of coaching. I don't know how long it will be affective, but I don't have an issue with it. He's going to keep everyone on their toes. If you're sitting on the bench and you see a guy like Hansen ripped into like that, you're going to think twice about coasting. I see it as a refreshing alternative to AV's style.
A player like Kassian sees that and knows he is not being picked on. He sees that Torts wants from him what he wants and expects from his veterans. Players working their butt off see the value in that. They will get rewarded. Ya, I like what Torts brings.

Many games with Bert we could have used a Torts!
Well, it's one thing to rip into a guy like Hansen, it's another to rip into some of our star players like the Sedins, Edler, Lou and especially Mr. Beastmode Ryan Kesler. AV said some things about Kesler in the past and Kes cleary didn't like it and it may have created some friction between the 2. I know Torts has benched his star players before like Brad Richards, but it'll be interesting to see if Torts does that here and rips into some of our top guns. Torts made a minor comment about Lou needing to come up with more timely saves, I wonder if Torts does an AV and benches Lou and goes with Lack for an extended period. Maybe not this year, but maybe in a year or 2 when Lack gets more experience. Cory Schneids 2.0 :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Boothy is working his way out of the dog house while ole Kassian continues to work his to it. When do we file Zack into the Bernier, Isbister, Pyatt, Sandlak, Stojanov file?

Yikes, ole Weise sure took a shit canning, ala like Stanton took against Nolan

We scored goals! Wow! We won by a large margin! Wow!

RD still thinks we are playoff bound
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Ole Boothy is working his way out of the dog house while ole Kassian continues to work his to it. When do we file Zack into the Bernier, Isbister, Pyatt, Sandlak, Stojanov file?

Yeah your homeboy Hodgkins Disease is really lighting it up too... :roll:

How 'bout your b-buddy Grabner :lol:

You have 0 hockey talent credibility on here BakerDude...get some pom poms at the very least you can join all the women you live with in a dance-a-thon
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Who was it a few games who said it was time to end the Kesler at wing experiment? Oh right, it was me! He may not be the best playmaking centre out there (far from it), but he’s the second best centre we have and somebody who is capable of anchoring a good line. We have enough decent wingers that we should be able to put together a good second line built around Kesler most nights.

It’s nice to finally see three reasonably competent lines out there, with enough forwards to mix and match a sometimes OK fourth line.

I am absolutely shocked at how much better Booth looks over two weeks ago. He was obviously still hurting or badly out of shape, but he is skating miles out there right now. Still not the smartest player, but when he moves his feet and takes time and space away from defenders he can be an effective player.

I am OK with Torts singling out players for playing like shit. Accountability is great. He picked on Sestito early on and has moved his way up the depth chart. We’ve seen Hamhuis, Booth, Kassian and now Hansen have their asses stapled to the bench. We have about 8 third liners on this team, so if you’re not pulling your weight you’re not playing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ole Boothy is working his way out of the dog house while ole Kassian continues to work his to it. When do we file Zack into the Bernier, Isbister, Pyatt, Sandlak, Stojanov file?

You have 0 hockey talent credibility on here BakerDude...get some pom poms at the very least you can join all the women you live with in a dance-a-thon
Arachnid in a nutshell - Pom poms, double jointed elbows, teddy bear goatee
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Arachnid in a nutshell - Pom poms, double jointed elbows, teddy bear goatee
Image :wink:

Hey, did you get that couples business? I sent them your way.... :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote: Arachnid in a nutshell - Pom poms, double jointed elbows, teddy bear goatee
A goatee cool. Does he still have frosted tips and wear acid wash jeans ?