Chicago @ Vancouver 7:00 PM PT CBC,NHLN-US,WGN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Chicago @ Vancouver 7:00 PM PT CBC,NHLN-US,WGN

Post by rats19 »

After bumping their five-game slump with a 6-2 win over Columbus last night, the Vancouver Canucks will look for their second victory in 24 hours when they host the defending Stanley Cup champions, Chicago Blackhawks.

Keys to the Game

Start strong. A big reason the Canucks went 2-0-1 against the Blackhawks last season was because they opened the scoring in each of their three head-to-head games. Chicago is 13-0-3 this season when scoring first so Vancouver can ill-afford a slow start like they had yesterday.

Be prepared for a tight game. As much as it's nice to see the Canucks push the pace on offence, chances are if this game turns into a track meet it's not going to go well for the Canucks. That being said, if they find themselves getting some early offensive success, they have to find a way to batten down the hatches.

Crawford gets back to form. Corey Crawford has four wins in his last six outings but his save percentage during that time is a rather pedestrian .818 (20 goals on 110 shots). Vancouver isn't exactly firing on all cylinders lately but Chicago will still need Crawford to keep the puck out of his net more often than he has in recent games.
By the Numbers

Win percentage for the Canucks this season when Daniel Sedin scores a goal (7-1-0).

Goal needed by Daniel Sedin for 300 in his NHL career.

Straight home wins for the Canucks over the Blackhawks in head-to-head meetings dating back to Jan. 31, 2012.

Average goals per game for the Blackhawks this season, well up from 3.10 average of last season.

Straight games with a point earned for the Canucks against the Blackhawks in head-to-head meetings dating back to Jan. 31, 2012 (3-0-2).

Points for ex-Blackhawk Ryan Stanton this season, one behind Bieksa for the team-lead among defencemen.

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Chicago @ Vancouver 7:00 PM PT CBC,NHLN-US,WGN

Post by okcanuck »

!
! \
!---\
!
!

I hope the "Twins" have a "Huge" game against the shit hawks.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

BIg game tonight - and the CBJ 's were a perfect warmup to get the confidence back. I think this back to back is actually a positive for once as it allows the team to keep the momentum and "feel good vibe" going.

I'm expecting a good effort from Lu tonight - just stop the first one Lu! Burrows too, he loves playing the Craphawks.

Also looking forward to seeing what kind fof bs shenanigans CBC has planned for the Nux tonight :)
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I'm expecting a close game tonight.

Canucks' style matches up well with Chicago since the Hawks aren't ridiculously fast like the Red Wings were last year ( which gave us all kinds of trouble), nor are they overly physical like San Jose, LA, and Boston.

Nonetheless, the Hawks are the best team in the NHL and so we'll have our work cut out for us.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A good test after an easy win over Columbus..
I will be praying * buddhist prayers only".. for secondary scoring..
and hoping for great goaltending .. Chitown has both size and speed.
A good matchup.. I will wake up later this morning and pass up the "bikini parade" to watch this one ..
Hoping for a win.. I got a bet with a swedish expat here in Bangkok.. Hate to lose a round of beer for his whole bar..
so .. Go Canucks go..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Luongo starts - per Paterson & Murphy.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Hossa will not play due to family issues or some such.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Looking forward to seeing more of the Sedins' different, more direct, shoot first, type of game. They are changing, albeit slowly. Last game they started well, but after the game started getting away from the BJs you could see the Canucks go back to those tic-tac-toe plays. Nice to watch, but not going to win you a Cup. Hopefully taking on a new style of play reinvigorates their creativity as their normal style of play has run its course. It's a bit depressing being a Canuck fan these days but I think having the #1 penalty kill rather than #1 powerplay will serve us better in the long run. I feel the Canucks are still in transition; the infusion of Torts' principles into this team will take the balance of the season. Random u-brew thoughts.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:Image
Go 'nuckies.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

5thhorseman wrote:Looking forward to seeing more of the Sedins' different, more direct, shoot first, type of game. They are changing, albeit slowly. Last game they started well, but after the game started getting away from the BJs you could see the Canucks go back to those tic-tac-toe plays. Nice to watch, but not going to win you a Cup. Hopefully taking on a new style of play reinvigorates their creativity as their normal style of play has run its course. It's a bit depressing being a Canuck fan these days but I think having the #1 penalty kill rather than #1 powerplay will serve us better in the long run. I feel the Canucks are still in transition; the infusion of Torts' principles into this team will take the balance of the season. Random u-brew thoughts.
I would certainly agree with the bolded. The way the game changes in the playoffs, the PP's dry up and your guys get hurt, having a good PK is less dependant on reffing and individual skills. Although, improving the 29th ranked PP is essential if we want to make the playoffs, imo.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Lalongo will be the starting goalie for team Canada says Don Les Cherry

Who is this lalongo fella? Anyone know?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

apparently lalongo is the future goalie of TC.

Great game so far!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Who knew, all we needed was a 5-3. We need to be careful, we are due a penalty or two, or three.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Boys are playing well...I hope the b2b fatigue doesn't rear its ugly head. That and we need another goal er 3
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kassian benched for most of that 2nd period. :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.