GDT - Nov 22 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Nov 22 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

Post by Hockey Widow »

WTF was that call?
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So no penalty on the Sestito hit until they had to call Foligno for instigating then they retroactively give Sestito 2 for boarding. I see, I see.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Double
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Finally a little puck-luck,been a long time. Bring on the shit-hawks
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Seems pretty clear the team goes as the Sedin's go, they are the leaders of this team.

Man if MG could ever get a 2nd liner to help em out we'd be a killer team. :D

Sestito playing awesome again, but apparently breathing on player gets him a reputation call, subsequently a ref gives a makeup call and give Hansen a penalty shot!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

LOL in one game Ryan Stanton gets as many points as Alex Burrows has on the season.

I'd be looking to move Burrows if possible, and buying out Booth. The Canucks could afford anyone in the league by getting rid of that dead weight.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Island Nucklehead wrote:LOL in one game Ryan Stanton gets as many points as Alex Burrows has on the season.

I'd be looking to move Burrows if possible, and buying out Booth. The Canucks could afford anyone in the league by getting rid of that dead weight.
Give Burr some time, he hasn't just "lost it" all of a sudden. He's one of the more clutch guys we have. Watch him score against the hawks tomorrow.

Only saw the third tonight but Kassian just really doesn't impress me. I know he scored tonight but he's such a floater out there. When he's engaged he can be a force, otherwise a massive liability.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:LOL in one game Ryan Stanton gets as many points as Alex Burrows has on the season.

Barring any trades, I still think we are stronger with Kesler on the second line, whether at centre or wing. This makes Burrows valuable either with the twins or on the third line.

But maybe at the deadline someone gives us a 1st and a prospect and pick for Burrows. An over payment at any time other than deadline day :mrgreen:

Torts holds private after game meeting with Booth??? Wonder what's up?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

$lacker wrote:

Give Burr some time, he hasn't just "lost it" all of a sudden. He's one of the more clutch guys we have. Watch him score against the hawks tomorrow.

Only saw the third tonight but Kassian just really doesn't impress me. I know he scored tonight but he's such a floater out there. When he's engaged he can be a force, otherwise a massive liability.
I think Kassian is playing well. Were he gets into trouble is in the D zone and especially late in a shift. He certainly needs to work on his play away from the puck. He looks likes he gets gassed still and tends to fade late in the game. But I like what I see just needs more work and time. I'd be all for moving him with the twins, if he earns it.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

I'll agree that he has spurts but when I watch him in isolation he still doesn't look like he knows exactly what to do. Hopefully it comes because they need him.

Media was too scared to ask what the meetin with Booth was about. My guess is he's being waived in order to be sent down again. You ask and you shall receive Boothy. Maybe we get lucky and someone claims him :)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

$lacker wrote: Give Burr some time, he hasn't just "lost it" all of a sudden. He's one of the more clutch guys we have. Watch him score against the hawks tomorrow.

Burr was on a 42 point pace last season, and he's producing worse than Booth this year.

Burrows was an incredible value when he was putting up 30ish goals with the Sedins @ $2M per. I don't believe he ever was a 25 goal guy on his own merit, and paying him $4.5M to NOT play with the Sedins probably gets us a 3rd/2nd line tweener with good PK skills. That's not good enough.

$4.5M is getting the Blues David Backes.
It's getting the Flyers (Farhan's favorite) Lecavalier.
It's getting Winnipeg Andrew Ladd.

Burrows needs to step up. It's hilarious all the hate for Booth when he's been a more productive player than Burrows for less money.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Our supreme leader and head coach hates Booth just like 95% of canuck land, so he's out.

Burrows does all the little things to win games including being one of our top penalty killers, the scoring will come.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice to see Jeremy Welsh get his 1st career NHL goal. I like having size on our 4th line. Hopefully, Sestito-Welsh-Weiser can develop some chemistry and become a good grind/energy line for us. All 3 guys pack some good meat on them. :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments:

Suggested Province headline:
Swedish Twins Score
Skanky BJ's at the glory hole

Wow, is Columbus awful.

BoBo won a Vezina? So did Jim Carey.......

How many bounces evened out from the last few games ....... I may start believing in the law of averages, unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Still waiting for Zach to put the power in power forward.

WTF was that 3-1 for the BJ's first goal???????????????????? Uhhhhg lee

Hansen-Richards-Burrows is an intriguing line ..... if they can only finish a play.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Island Nucklehead wrote:It's getting the Flyers (Farhan's favorite) Lecavalier.

Burrows needs to step up. It's hilarious all the hate for Booth when he's been a more productive player than Burrows for less money.
Lol, I'm not really that big a fan of Lecavlier.

When the Luongo fiasco all started after the 2011 cup finals ( and then after the Jan 7 2012 game against the Bruins where the Canucks got their phantom "Game 8" victory with Schneider in it), I suggested that the Canucks do a Luongo for Lecavlier one-for-one swap as I strongly felt that the team was now Schneider's due to the emotional phantom Game 8 victory over the Bruins.

(((Cornuck can back me up on this by the way.........after the Boston game on Jan 7th, I was screaming for Schneider to be the new #1 guy at nausea))).

At the time however, I assumed that it would have been more logical for Gillis to move Luongo for a player that had an equally undesirable salary. Hence - my suggestion for Lecavlier.

Lecavlier, unlike your Roy's and your Pahlsson's, would have given us legitimate depth down the middle. Levaclier was also a guy that was a proven clutch player and a veteran leader.

Instead, Gillis felt that he would be able to get massive blue chip prospect(s) (Yes......with a plural) for Luongo after the 2012 season ended..........and we saw how that turned out.

P.s.____________Regarding your stance on Burrows - give him some time dude. He just came off a substantial injury. He's getting good scoring chances and he's creating a lot of those chances on his own. His two-way game is still very solid even if his offense isn't there right now. Booth on the other hand, is completely fucking useless right now.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises