GDT: Nov 17 STARS @ CANUCKS - 5:00 PT SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Nov 17 STARS @ CANUCKS - 5:00 PT SNET-P

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Get the feeling you've watched games 9 and 10 of a ten game loosing streak? Oh but but for a bounce or two....

Henrik with another Todd moment.

Kari should have had two for slashing and the delayed penalty called off due to a goal being scored ..... oh well, I've been told in the long run these things even out.

Ooooow the creativity
Dan-Hank-Burr
Higs-Kes-Booth/Zach
Hansen-Santo-Booth/Zach

Santorelli reminding the naysayers of Raymond

Richardson reminding all why he isn't in LA.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:A few comments;

Get the feeling you've watched games 9 and 10 of a ten game loosing streak? Oh but but for a bounce or two....

Henrik with another Todd moment.

Kari should have had two for slashing and the delayed penalty called off due to a goal being scored ..... oh well, I've been told in the long run these things even out.

Ooooow the creativity
Dan-Hank-Burr
Higs-Kes-Booth/Zach
Hansen-Santo-Booth/Zach

Santorelli reminding the naysayers of Raymond

Richardson reminding all why he isn't in LA.
It is wot tit is..eh?!

...a playoff team...

:eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Didn't get to watch this one, but sounds like yet another game we played well enough to win, should have won but couldn't find a way.

That makes seven games (Montreal, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Phoenix, Anaheim, San Jose and Dallas) this season that can be classified this way. That's a lot of points! Is this a worrisome trend or just a bump in the road?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Didn't get to watch this one, but sounds like yet another game we played well enough to win, should have won but couldn't find a way.

That makes seven games (Montreal, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Phoenix, Anaheim, San Jose and Dallas) this season that can be classified this way. That's a lot of points! Is this a worrisome trend or just a bump in the road?
Hard to say. The last two years we won a lot of games, or got loser points in games, where we showed up for 20-40 minutes. Games we had no business getting points in.

This year there have only been a handful go games we were truly out of. We have, as you point out, failed to win or get points in games where we were the better team. It all comes back to scoring. Lack of goal scoring and a abysmal PP are our downfall thus far. Our PK and 5-5 we are ok, except for scoring that is.

So while the record is disappointing it is easy to see that we are not in a free fall. It is the finish we need to somehow find. I'm going to go with it being a bump in the road. The talent we have is capable of scoring and it is in essence the same group minus Ehrhoff who once were top 3 on the PP. if we can start scoring in gat a top 5 PP pace and get a little more 5-5 scoring we will be right there.

However, I'm not convinced this translates into us being a top playoff team.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:
But for status quo purposes (ie the Mike Gillis way), Torts should bench Garrison and use Weber.
Didn't we fire AV for not playing Garrison on the PP?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Besides, Weber has been waived now that Dale is back.
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote: Hard to say. The last two years we won a lot of games, or got loser points in games, where we showed up for 20-40 minutes. Games we had no business getting points in.

This year there have only been a handful go games we were truly out of. We have, as you point out, failed to win or get points in games where we were the better team. It all comes back to scoring. Lack of goal scoring and a abysmal PP are our downfall thus far. Our PK and 5-5 we are ok, except for scoring that is.

So while the record is disappointing it is easy to see that we are not in a free fall. It is the finish we need to somehow find. I'm going to go with it being a bump in the road. The talent we have is capable of scoring and it is in essence the same group minus Ehrhoff who once were top 3 on the PP. if we can start scoring in gat a top 5 PP pace and get a little more 5-5 scoring we will be right there.

However, I'm not convinced this translates into us being a top playoff team.
Good analysis, which I largely agree with. This isn’t a championship caliber team, in my opinion.

It’s nice to see the team putting in that effort night in and night out. All things being considered, if this is a bit of a skid, going 2-2-2 over six games certainly isn’t the sort of bad streak we’ll even remember at season’s end. That being said, making a habit of losing games we should win is not good.

The PP continues to be the puzzle. At this point I would be splitting up the units. Hank on one unit with Dank and Kesler on the other.