GDT: Nov 17 STARS @ CANUCKS - 5:00 PT SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 17 STARS @ CANUCKS - 5:00 PT SNET-P

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Let's deflect the blame on our debilitating inability to score on bad reffing
If you don't think that call was putrid you are little more than a troll
Of course it was shite, but at the end of the day - bad reffing is not our nemesis
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is the Santorelli honeymoon over?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

What a clusterfuck of a shift by one Alex Edler.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks like another game with only 1 goal for??? :mad:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Absolutely snakebit....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Burrows absolutely sucks right now. That contract will be the next booth anchor for this team
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The boys are in a royal funk as I see it when it comes to offense. They are making plays - nothing really dynamic - and should be scoring more, but this is puck-luck at its worst.

Bitch on Burrows all you want, but it's evident that he's trying out there. I think he'll come around if given enough ice-time with the Twins. Booth had a couple of shifts where he showed some effort but that was it. Kassian had some promise there, but you wish he would score. Hansen looks like he missed a lot of games - had no gas towards the end.

Yes, I think the Santorelli honeymoon is, indeed, over. Hope the kid proves me wrong, but his speed did nothing out there.

I hope Tortorella nails 2 x 2x6 planks across the bottoms of the nets for the next bunch of practices. God they gotta get those pucks up off the ice. :mad:

Call me crazy, but I think the Panthers coming into town may just be the tonic the team needs to get out of this funk.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah we really do miss the Burrows of old, that and the slow boat to china arrival of Zack Kassians apparent potential.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We could use some of okcanucks positive reinforcements regarding the Canucks and where they stand in the standings
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Yeah we really do miss the Burrows of old, that and the slow boat to china arrival of Zack Kassians apparent potential.
Kassian has shown some good strides this year. Haters gonna hate.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Yeah we really do miss the Burrows of old, that and the slow boat to china arrival of Zack Kassians apparent potential.
Kassian has shown some good strides this year. Haters gonna hate.
Those strides are as big as baby steps. Zack is taking his sweet ass time on showing us what he's made of. We need Zack now
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

It's a rare day when Henrik scores two goals!
Too bad the refs took one away from him. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Bring out the shooter tutor and start practicing picking corners again. Lehtonen saw too much rubber and it was all right in the logo or way wide. Henrik had an entire top half of the net to tie the game late and stuffed it into an outstretched pad. Same play last game that the sharks
tied it up by roofing it.

Burrows is getting closer every game.

Our D (most d) have a hell of a time with power moves to the front of the net, I wouldn't be upset to see kassian trying this rather than passing every time.

Garrison's outlet passes suck

The team is doing a lot of little things right but screwing up the big things I.e. scoring.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Benjo wrote: Our D (most d) have a hell of a time with power moves to the front of the net, I wouldn't be upset to see kassian trying this rather than passing every time.

Garrison's outlet passes suck

The team is doing a lot of little things right but screwing up the big things I.e. scoring.
It's funny our defense has a good offense all round, but no true offensive qb dman, never had one since Ehrhoff left, it'd be nice to acquire one like Campbell/Streit etc.

But for status quo purposes (ie the Mike Gillis way), Torts should bench Garrison and use Weber.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

First, Booth looks like his speed is missing and he looks laboured. At times his stride looks tentative. I think he is playing injured, not making excuses because I too have tired of Davey just saying what I notice out there.

Our game rests on scoring, pretty simple really. Our 5-5 play is good except for our finish. Our PK is excellent. Our PP sucks. Our D is fine, a few brain farts and for some reason costly ones. But overall I do like the way we are playing just don't like the final result, duh, really!

I don't think the Santorelli experiment is over. But I do think it helps having Kesler back at centre. I also like Kassian's game right now. He isn't getting the points for sure, but then who is? I just like what I see from him.

We must, must find a fix for our PP. if we could do that we would be getting a shit load more points. I mean we score two PP goals last night and still manage to lose 2-1. Crazy is as crazy gets. :mrgreen:

Another frustrating loss and unfortunately no loser point.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need