GDT Nov 14 San Jose @ Vancouver - 7:00 PT SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Nov 14 San Jose @ Vancouver - 7:00 PT SN1

Post by dangler »

gee thats a toughie. oh i know, Bo Horvat & Hunter Shinkaruk.Imagine what you could do with the spare change on that bold move.
They may be unproven,but the Sedins have proven that when the going get's tough their style of game is ineffective.
Challenging question there Blob :roll:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote:gee thats a toughie. oh i know, Bo Horvat & Hunter Shinkaruk.Imagine what you could do with the spare change on that bold move.
They may be unproven,but the Sedins have proven that when the going get's tough their style of game is ineffective.
Challenging question there Blob :roll:
I rest my case. The stats that say the Sedins are top 20 producers in the playoffs obviously don't show up on your computer, ipod etc ??? So guys like Hansen, Higgins etc are NOT expected to at least score at a .3 ppg pace in the post season. Gotcha !!! I'm shocked you aren't blaming the twins for Burrows' shitty start.

You do realize the twins get the other teams top d pairing and best checking line ?? As I said come up with a viable alternative and I'm all ears. I was on the fence about re signing them but I do know if they left and were replaced via UFA that the team would most likely be substantially worse.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

dangler wrote:gee thats a toughie. oh i know, Bo Horvat & Hunter Shinkaruk.
You believe Bo Horvat and Hunter Shinkaruk will be able to make up 2/3's of a top line in the NHL, come July 1st?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BurningBeard wrote:
You believe Bo Horvat and Hunter Shinkaruk will be able to make up 2/3's of a top line in the NHL, come July 1st?
2015/16
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: The stats that say the Sedins are top 20 producers in the playoffs obviously don't show up on your computer, ipod etc ???
I don't need to reference the last two playoffs on my computer to remember the results. I do know that they definitely weren't top 20 producers in the last two playoffs.
They have been magnificent players while in Vancouver,but they're on the downside and very predictable,sure Henriks 11th for points right now,but let's see where he's at 40 games in...60 games in.
I realize they are the only option the team has NOW,but the sooner the Canucks can turn the page on the Sedin era the better.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

rats19 wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
2015/16
pretty much this.

IF this holds true, AND the twins, Kesler, and Lou can be around the same level of play that they're at now, then this Canucks core could have one more shot at a cup.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
dangler wrote:
Mëds wrote: While I think keeping the Sedins was a good re-signing, I also think it was an unfortunate necessity. Almost all of the odd man rushes we got tonight that involved then were shut down by their patience. They try to wait things out too much and because they don't have great speed the outnumbered defenders just have to play a second and a half of good positional defense to allow the forwards to get back.
Perimeter game...but only for another 5 years(that wasn't a necessity)...all the Sharks had to do was let them play with the puck along the boards all night.How many points have they got since they signed that contract Nov. !?

I'm sure the Sedin apologists will get their panties in a bunch
So a guy is an apologist for appreciating two of the better players in the league signed for slightly below market value. Cool story . Maybe you can step up to the plate and offer up a couple of alternatives that will be available come July 1 that will make up 2/3 of a top line. 14 million is your price point . As with the others I'm not expecting a response.
I might not be huge fans of the Sedins, but I do agree 100% with ya Blob when you say that replacing them via free agency next summer would be a step down......probably several.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Sedin's are not effective against tough teams.. the Bruins/Chicago both proved that.. 2 soft players with limited speed on the same line ? . Talented ? YES..But not guys that handle the tough going well. I know this is fantasy but would have loved to see Hank signed at 8 and less for Danny . Split them up against the tough defensive teams. Using Kesler with the twins isn't working .
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Tiger wrote:It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Sedin's are not effective against tough teams.. the Bruins/Chicago both proved that.. 2 soft players with limited speed on the same line ? . Talented ? YES..But not guys that handle the tough going well. I know this is fantasy but would have loved to see Hank signed at 8 and less for Danny . Split them up against the tough defensive teams. Using Kesler with the twins isn't working .
Agree with splitting up the twins more frequently. Saying they are soft is a dumb comment however. They take a beating out there and continue to put up points, but they are in a bit of a slump right now. The Bruins series the whole team stunk and was banged up pretty bad, singling them out is short sighted. Your hero Kesler didn't do a fucking thing in those seven games. The Hawks were a better team in 2 of the 3 series so not sure what your point is there.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tiger wrote:It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Sedin's are not effective against tough teams.. the Bruins/Chicago both proved that..
I would say it is more the work or amazon strong men defenders like Keith and Big Z
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Topper wrote:
Tiger wrote:It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Sedin's are not effective against tough teams.. the Bruins/Chicago both proved that..
I would say it is more the work or amazon strong men defenders like Keith and Big Z
Yep :) plus great checking lines.. Bolland line for Chitown .. Marchand line for Beantown..and in the Bruins series a completely ineffective PP..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:When does the urine crew arrive ?
Not urinating, half sack McKenzie. I'm a glass half full dude now thanks to the fine wisdom of Okcanuck. Not gonna piss the floors seeing the Canucks have dropped to 9th place with the 10th placed hot Dallas Stars nipping at our heels, 3 points behind us with 2 games in hand. Okcanuck told me a couple games ago when we were in 6th place to stop being a half glass empty kinda guy. I took to his advice as he seems to know a thing or two

Let loose the hounds of the flip the switch theories. Priceless. Gold Jerry. This conference is a cake walk

I have complete faith in bold moves Gillis, i.e. the trade deadline - Pahlsson and Roy
Typical negative diarrhea from RD. Funny thing is he completely disappears when the Canucks go on a roll ,ie the 7 game road trip. Typical after the fact bed-wetter.
I'll admit the last few games have been very frustrating,especially the LA game, but with even a little bit of luck we would of had another 4 or 5 points and RD would still be invisible.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tiger wrote:
Topper wrote:
Yep :) plus great checking lines.. Bolland line for Chitown .. Marchand line for Beantown..and in the Bruins series a completely ineffective PP..
Unfortunately, the Bolland urban legend was proven to be just that, but feel free to keep on with your nonsensical jibberish.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Topper wrote:Unfortunately, the Bolland urban legend was proven to be just that, but feel free to keep on with your nonsensical jibberish.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Contrary to popular belief, Bolland and his line did not get the better of the twins.

I can't recall the Boston series as well, but I recall the twins and their line generating a lot of chances.......but just couldn't finish. Marchand and his line weren't exactly holding the twins at bay. Pretty sure it had far more to do with Chara, Seidenberg, and Thomas.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote: I can't recall the Boston series as well, but I recall the twins and their line generating a lot of chances.......but just couldn't finish. Marchand and his line weren't exactly holding the twins at bay. Pretty sure it had far more to do with Chara, Seidenberg, and Thomas.
How many Canucks were on the IR (or shoulda been if your name's Kesler) or suspended (if your name is Rome)?