GDT: Canucks @ Anaheim.. Now!!!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Anaheim.. Now!!!

Post by rats19 »

Be nice to win...but playing much better than last night.

Can't help ya clam..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

They're going to have a hell of a time in the playoffs if they force themselves to play catch up every night.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

All good, I've got it.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Deserved a better fate tonightagainst arguably the best team in the league. Lucky first goal by Anaheim and lots of missed chances by us. All in all not a bad road trip except for the LA game.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

no finish again.

A few mental mistakes and they could not recover.

Still a good 4 game run to me.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The guys were gassed by the last 10 minutes 2nd period. Another flukey goal, which is too bad because Lack did a solid job in net.

Give the guys a day off, and let's see what Torts can do to snap them out of this before SJ comes.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Can't fault the effort at all in this game. This team is a #2 centre and a greasy 3rd liner away from contention.

JT is determined Kesler is a winger so obviously they need a pivot in the new year.

Henrik

Santorelli
Richardson
Welsh

Schroeder is really not an option imho ... not the way JT wants to mould this team. He is way too small and is not at all physical. His talent does not outweigh his lack of compete and lack of size.

What are the options for Eye Bags to pick up a good centre ? Dangle Jensen.... perhaps Tanev, this yrs 1st in a weak draft, maybe Corrado if not Tanev. Who the hell knows ?

I have discovered a great new drink however. Vodka, Shasta and 7up. :mex: :drink: :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ketel One? Stoli? What is it blob?

Gillis needs to make a top 6 bold move or he will waste another good season with a terrible playoff result. That is unless you all think Ricky Schroeder, booth and Weise are the saviours. I see it now, another dumb ass Pahlsson, Roy trade deadline deal for a centre. Yawn

Somebody tell Okcanuck we are in 8th, last playoff spot
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Bad luck tonight and the 3rd period line juggling didn't help things. Bad decision by torts. The line juggling confused the shit outta everyone and the cohesive playing that was happening in the first two periods went to shit.

The Sedins in particular became pretty shitty in the 3rd. Maybe a better strategy would have been to put in Luo just to shake things up.

Burr sure is gripping the stick tightly these days. I wonder if he's injured as the explosive and tenacious Burr that I know isn't winning those down low puck battles like he used to.

Our 4th line kicked some serious ass tonight. Archibald, Dalpe and Sestito had some serious chemistry happening in the first.

Boys deserved at least a point tonight. Someone pissed off the hockey gods.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I am a stoli guy... cant afford the grey goose like you and Topper etc.

three oz of stoli, fill with black cherry shasta and top with 7 up and the drink is gold my friend.

Not too worried about the Canucks till they get some healthy bodies back. 13 of 20 on the road with a tight scheddy. No idea why people piss and moan about 24 points thus far.

A bit of a watershed year due to slugs like Booth dragging on the cap and a low cap as is, I would still like to see Gillis make a bold move. This team is close and is getting a real bang for the buck from the bottom end guys. Be patient dude.

Life is good. Got the best possible health news regarding a family member today, so I am on Cloud Blob.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

With Getzlaf out of the lineup the game should have been ours
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I am a stoli guy... cant afford the grey goose like you and Topper etc.

three oz of stoli, fill with black cherry shasta and top with 7 up and the drink is gold my friend.

Not too worried about the Canucks till they get some healthy bodies back. 13 of 20 on the road with a tight scheddy. No idea why people piss and moan about 24 points thus far.

A bit of a watershed year due to slugs like Booth dragging on the cap and a low cap as is, I would still like to see Gillis make a bold move. This team is close and is getting a real bang for the buck from the bottom end guys. Be patient dude.

Life is good. Got the best possible health news regarding a family member today, so I am on Cloud Blob.

I don't do grey goose, it's for young people one step removed from fireball whiskey
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mathonwy wrote:Bad luck tonight and the 3rd period line juggling didn't help things. Bad decision by torts. The line juggling confused the shit outta everyone and the cohesive playing that was happening in the first two periods went to shit.

The Sedins in particular became pretty shitty in the 3rd. Maybe a better strategy would have been to put in Luo just to shake things up.

Burr sure is gripping the stick tightly these days. I wonder if he's injured as the explosive and tenacious Burr that I know isn't winning those down low puck battles like he used to.

Our 4th line kicked some serious ass tonight. Archibald, Dalpe and Sestito had some serious chemistry happening in the first.

Boys deserved at least a point tonight. Someone pissed off the hockey gods.
2 / 5 is a fucking godly avg in mlb.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I moved to whiskey/scotch.

Last time I was in Japan I bought a bottle of 17 year old whiskey, damn was it smooth.

Now I bought Nikka From The Barrel, double matured blended whisky from Japan and it tastes pretty good.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Cheers to that Blob