GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:The game was a reminder that this is still the same ole AV bunch that when counter punched by a Sutter Hit Parade Hockey in games that matter we fold like a cheap tent. Torts magic this year will only do so much, we still need a bigger element of playoff hockey grit presence on the ice so when we get counter punched by the Kings after our opening 10 minutes of pressure on Quick we won't wimp out. You could just see the team deflate from the Kings push back, until we solve that we will not go far in the playoffs. That is our achilles heel. Zack Kassian, these are the games where a player of your potential needs to rise to the occasion on. If only Sestito had your talent, or you had Sestito's ability to counter a counter punch.

We could have used Hansen and Weise last night, but this team could use some more Torres, Cookes, Clutterbuck, Kaleta types. The players everybody loves to hate.

Anyhow, everyone carry on with your elation of our typical successful regular season Presidents Trophy hockey play, there is still the ugly presence with this group of a -throw-in-the-towel, give up, cowardliness when pushed back hard that has surfaced the last two 1st round playoff knockouts.

The trouble I have with your evaluation RD is you're basing your opinions on 1 game ,whereas we can take an over-all picture of the season so far. We had an off night, big fucking deal. Nobody on this board predicted our record at this point of the season, I , for one, am pleasantly surprised. You are suspiciously absent when the Canucks are playing over their heads and winning games, and then when they lay an egg all of a sudden its doom and gloom . I call bull-shit.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Fuck what a bullshit game, ya know its bad when Sestito is the teams best player thus far.

Can't match the LA Kings depth, skill, 4 lines of dominance.
The only player who seemingly knows how to hit like the Kings hit. He still never wins fights
LOL if you are saying Sestito lost that fight with Nolan you must have been way into the mouthwash last night. Sestito has poor balance but the dude will fight anyone and wins more than he loses.

dropyourgloves.com is your friend.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

sagebrush wrote:Way too many Canuck players vanished when the going got tough. Not the sign of a mentally tough team.

Lets hope fatigue explains some of it.

Anaheim may provide some answers.
So true.. but I don't expect the Sedins to do much against tough teams really..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice