GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

Post by Benjo »

Both penalties were pretty soft.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Benjo wrote:Both penalties were pretty soft.
But Doughty never dives.... lol.

Quick outplaying Luongo. I couldn't help but feel that if the Sedins were Canadian they'd draw more calls. I don't think any other superstars that get fewer calls. FFS Giroux takes a clean check and they throw the guy out. Mutts like Clifford take 3 second runs at an already-engaged player and it's a fair check.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Daryl Sutter hockey. Hit, hit, hit. Games like this where I wish we had a bit more toughness. Games like this where I wish Kassian would turn into a bull
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

I hate the Kings.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I could care less if we win, just want to see Dustin Brown taken off the ice on a stretcher
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Casual Kev with a nice blind back pass to Mike Richards
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:Quick is the difference in this game, Luongo has been good this year but he seems unlikely to steal a game.
Quick is always the difference, he's why they won the cup. One of the most valuable players in the game. Is Luongo your scapegoat?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

These are the kind of games you wish Kassian would wake from his stupor
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fuck what a bullshit game, ya know its bad when Sestito is the teams best player thus far.

Can't match the LA Kings depth, skill, 4 lines of dominance.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Fuck what a bullshit game, ya know its bad when Sestito is the teams best player thus far.

Can't match the LA Kings depth, skill, 4 lines of dominance.
The only player who seemingly knows how to hit like the Kings hit. He still never wins fights
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

The worste part of this game is there is still another period to play.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Sestito should have made that hit on that King coming out from behind the net (didn't catch the #). Would've been a game changer. Maybe marginal or even a suspension but you can make a decent hit there without taking a guys head off. I don't like the feeling I get when I see us shying away from a hit like that ...

If this game's a goner then seeing how the players react and how much keep trying as a result of the 'Tortorella effect' should be interesting.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Come back impossible? Improbable... But possible
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

That King was Martinez, he seen Sestito coming in like a freight train so he fell down instead of getting smashed lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jonathan Quick, one of the best goaltenders in the NHL. Also one of the luckiest. How many has he batted out of the air with his glove and had no clue where it is and we just can't get to the puck before a Kings defender clears it away.....or the attacking forward shovels it into his outstretched stick when the whole top of the net is available above Quick's sprawled self. I just hate him because he will be mediocre shit for a while and then out it together when Vancouver comes to town. But he really has been very sharp tonight, and some of this is just a pissed off rant. I have noticed that his puck tracking is much better through traffic.

Or defense just fell apart there and hung Lou out to dry. Our offense can't finish tonight.

The Kings are definitely a team that the Sedins have trouble against. They play hard and always seem to get bounces against us that go in our net while we can't score for shit.

This is definitely a game to forget.

Btw.....when has Healey ever been this generous to the Canucks? I can't believe that MacLean is just sitting there and letting him pump Vancouver's tires.