GDT: Nov 5: Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm PT - SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Nov 5: Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm PT - SPac

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Kassian... is going to seriously hurt someone again.

What a careless boarding play that could have ended horribly with Vrbata being paralyzed.

Fuck.
Drama Queen much? :eh:
Not really. There's no reason why Kassian had to hit Vrbata that way. Considering how much talk about the hit there's been from the broadcasters, I don't think I'm alone in my opinion.
You are alone in your opinion

You are alone in bed

You are alone in life

:(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote:

You are alone in bed

You are alone in life

I thought we were BFFs?

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

You are alone in bed

You are alone in life

I thought we were BFFs?

Well you must be if he knows you are alone in bed.....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

You are alone in bed

You are alone in life

I thought we were BFFs?

Well you must be if he knows you are alone in bed.....
He's not alone? He's with you? :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'll admit it, I only like then SO if we win. Otherwise it sucks.

Two F'ing posts!

We owned the OT. But not to be.

I'd be ok with Smith in net for a team Canada.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

meh, turned into a pretty good division game...i like the way the team is playing right now...taking it to them...when do we play the sharks again? :D
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I cannot stand Mike Smith. There's just something about his awkward mannerisms that irks me.

The only thing worse than games against the Coyotes is losing to the Coyotes. Actually wasn't that boring of a game, but definitely one of those ones where we played well enough to win and should have come away with the W.

A point is a point though. The team is playing well going into San Jose so it'll be good to see how they fair.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Boring first period.

Good second period.

Decent third period.

Most entertaining OT I've watched in a long time.

Smith's celebration was a bit over the top. 2 posts and then Hank would have had him on that forehand-backhand-forehand move but lost the puck. WTF did you do there Smith? :P

We do need to work on the shootout. Luongo has clearly put some effort into his role in this gimmick, time for the shooters to do the same.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Torts didn't see how bloody atrocious the Sedins are in shootouts apparently.

And trade Booth for a 3rd line center as Higgins-Santos-Burrows line is awesome.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I do have to agree I like the way the team is playing. Fewer defensive farts than the past couple of years. Sound PK. PP still sucks but there are signs of life. We are able to roll three effective lines but we still lack scoring consistency from anyone not on the first line.

A healthy JS, Hansen and productive Booth should on paper make us a very strong team. We still have work to do and as Torts like to say, consistency to work on. We played a good road game tonight and should have won that in OT, in the least in the SO.

At least we didn't play a stinker and we did get the point. Three more games on this trip to see how we measure up. We should take LA the way they and Quick are playing right now. We usually have good games against Anaheim and gawd knows we owe SJS.

I like how Luongo is playing right now too. On Defence things seem so mush calmer back there. Stanton has brought the right mix we needed for a bottom six, and at the right price. How I would love a pure sniper, Bure like, right now.

I think we should trade for Yakupov and hire Bure as a special assistant for one year to work with the kid. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: A healthy JS, Hansen and productive Booth should on paper make us a very strong team. We still have work to do and as Torts like to say, consistency to work on. We played a good road game tonight and should have won that in OT, in the least in the SO.
Yeah starting to miss Hansen on the 3rd line, a Booth - Richardson - Hansen line would be great! especially vs SJ on Thursday.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: And trade Booth for a 3rd line center as Higgins-Santos-Burrows line is awesome.
He wont even be claimed off of waivers at this point dude.

Worthless...guess the dudes right every now and then :shock:
If you need air...call it in
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

herb wrote:I cannot stand Mike Smith. There's just something about his awkward mannerisms that irks me.
Me too! Normally I am a fan of all things puckstopper but Mike Smith is just too hard to watch. I couldn't put it into words last night but "awkward mannerisms" is it. Well put.

He reminds me a lot of Dwayne Roloson. Very crazy/happy feet and A LOT of flopping/diving/flailing around. He is difficult to watch, that's for sure. I'll take Luongo or Price in Sochi, please and thank you. I am not watching hockey at weird hours just to see ol' crazy legs Smith flop around.

Is it me, or did the game seem like a faster pace than usual? Was it the Coyotes only or did the Canucks set the tempo. It could have very well been the fastest paced, most boring game ever played.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Me too! Normally I am a fan of all things puckstopper but Mike Smith is just too hard to watch. I couldn't put it into words last night but "awkward mannerisms" is it. Well put.

He reminds me a lot of Dwayne Roloson. Very crazy/happy feet and A LOT of flopping/diving/flailing around. He is difficult to watch, that's for sure. I'll take Luongo or Price in Sochi, please and thank you. I am not watching hockey at weird hours just to see ol' crazy legs Smith flop around.
Haha, boy did I hate Roloson too! They both are always flopping all over the place, complaining to the refs and take themselves way too seriously. I wanted to slap Smith after his SO win celebration...two posts and you bit hard on Hank's backhand deke and were lucky he fumbled the puck...great job Smithy!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

After a "slow October start", Luongo is now posting a .916 save percentage and a 2.24 GAA, which compare pretty well to his career numbers (.919 and 2.51).

He is trending the right way. No signs of extreme situational discomfort or anything like that. :drink: