GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

Post by herb »

I don't like the Bolland injury for the simple fact that it will be used as an excuse when the leaves crash back down to earth.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I enjoyed the whole game and yep I was happy to see Bolland limping off. He has been a jerk for years and now he gets hurt (wipes tears away). Good for Sestito for going after Orr. Those jerk offs were starting to believe they could hurt the guys ala Boston and Sestito stood up and said not today. Not a great scrap but it did what was needed. I agree with whoever said too bad Lupul didn't knock out Kadri, that would have been so sweet.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: SL I remember you terrorizing Leafsfan Steve more than Ulfie . Ian was a bit of a wimp on those boards as well. FWIW I didn't mind Shakes.
It's just awesome you remember all that.

Truth, Stevemundo bore the brunt.

Ian the mod, trying to convince Leafers it was okay for me to call their team "the Leaves".

Not sure why that pisses off Leafers so much, but hey it does! :thumbs:

Though he didn't like my fantasies of Western Canada becoming a sovereign nation and eventually nuking TO.

Ah the good ole days, wonder if Pot remembers.

Pot used to piss them off accidentally on purpose. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Talked to two on T.O. brothers today. Man are they pissed at Kassian. They basically called him every evil thig you can think of. Felt he deliberately and intentionally kick Bolland knowing full what he was doing. Said they felt intended to cause serious injury and cut him. It got heated let me tell you.

Then I had to put up with an earful of how whinny and diving bunch of soft talentless team we are. Throwing ourselves into soft hits and diving to make it look like boarding. And the Sedins are goons. Never have they seen such spear, slashing and hooking for two lazy soft players. Talked about all the stick holding, jersey holding and clutch and garb. Then, the picks and interference they run on every play. Said they only reason they score is because they are so dirty and they never ever get fucking called on their play. Would be at best second liners on T.O. but probably better suited to third line given the drp in skill compared to the leaves top six. Wouldn't pay them more that 3 each for third line.

Talk about angry and bitter. Said if the Caucks played hockey instead of the soft Euro BS and were called for penalties they deserved and called for diving more then they would never win a game.

And Kassian, he should be tossed from the league or even charged.

Wow, TO still steamed. Did ask them what they thought of the Lupal Elbow meant to decapitate Hank but catching Kadri and they never saw that and don't believe it. word is Kadri is woozy and missed a few shits after that play in a incident that was described as colliding with a teammate. If they had to play before Friday he may not play but Carlye expects him to be fine by Friday and denies he has concussion like symptoms. Being woozy bad barfing a while having a headache must be a hangover then!
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Talked to two on T.O. brothers today. Man are they pissed at Kassian. They basically called him every evil thig you can think of. Felt he deliberately and intentionally kick Bolland knowing full what he was doing. Said they felt intended to cause serious injury and cut him. It got heated let me tell you.
I really don't get this at all. The same thing happened with Cooke last year on Karlsson. Eugene Melnyk went so far as saying he was going to use forensic doctors to prove it was intentional. :roll:

It's happened to Bieksa twice and I don't remember anyone thinking it was intentional.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BurningBeard wrote: It's happened to Bieksa twice and I don't remember anyone thinking it was intentional.
Because Bieksa is a Canuck.

Has any player in the last 5 years been suspended for anything against a Canuck player?

Was it Toews/Sharp from Chico?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: It's happened to Bieksa twice and I don't remember anyone thinking it was intentional.
Because Bieksa is a Canuck.

Has any player in the last 5 years been suspended for anything against a Canuck player?

Was it Toews/Sharp from Chico?
Keith
Porter
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The body count is a two and the season is young still.

At this rate we're gonna need a nickname for young Kassian... Perhaps something with LTIR in it?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

ukcanuck wrote:The body count is a two and the season is young still.

At this rate we're gonna need a nickname for young Kassian... Perhaps something with LTIR in it?
LTIRassian?

The Kassian Assassian?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote: I really don't get this at all. The same thing happened with Cooke last year on Karlsson. Eugene Melnyk went so far as saying he was going to use forensic doctors to prove it was intentional. :roll:

It's happened to Bieksa twice and I don't remember anyone thinking it was intentional.
Must be a WBO (Whiny Bitch Ontarian) thing. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote: LTIRassian?

The Kassian Assassian?
Kickassian!

... thought I invented it, but a quick google search tells me Hockey Buzz beat me to it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: LTIRassian?

The Kassian Assassian?
Kickassian!

... thought I invented it, but a quick google search tells me Hockey Buzz beat me to it.

The "kick" part of that now has a double meaning!!
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Where is Tuna?

I guess a loss to a 2nd rate team by a SC contender does not work well for him and he will not show his head here. Should TO won the game we know he would be all over this.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Reefer2 wrote:Where is Tuna?

I guess a loss to a 2nd rate team by a SC contender does not work well for him and he will not show his head here. Should TO won the game we know he would be all over this.
Corny scared him off!!!

Bloody Bully :shock: :shock: