GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

On PAVEL BURE DAY, Ron MacLean decides to show a clip of Pavel slew-footing some poor schmuck

... along with Cherry calling Pavel a weasel back in the day.

Then MacLean says "... the weasel comment was for a very good reason..."

Cherry: "Why are you showing that for?

MacLean: "Remember Pat Quinn was hot at you about Pavel Bure? And maybe Pavel doesn’t remember this in 1994, but you didn’t say he blackmailed the Canucks, what you said was that the contract was wrong because the story we got was that Pavel and Arthur Griffiths negotiated it over Pat’s head. Just so everybody’s clear on that. He was a weasel with the slew-foot…"

So yeah, thanks for portraying Pavel Bure as a weasel on Pavel Bure Day on HNIC Rotten Ronny!

I mean who would know more about being a weasel than YOU eh wot? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

From the "OOTS: 2013-14" thread:
Strangelove [color=#000040]on Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 9:15 pm[/color] wrote: Bernier is still unproven and Bolland is due for another injury, then he walks in the summer...
Yup, he was due. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Knucklehead wrote: I spent some time reading the PGT on the leaves HF forum.
me too. Fuck that place is good for a laugh. It is right there with Bountiful for full on homerism, blatant stupidity and delusion. These people are fucking nuts !!! Scary part is Ulf55 who used to be somewhat of a grounded leaves poster back in the day on the old CF boards. He is saying the Canucks players were throwing themselves into the boards just to draw a 2 minute penalty. He said it over and over again. Nobody can actually believe that can they ? Yeah I'll go risk a broken neck for a minor penalty. That is fucked. Then the same dude said Kassian is out there to injure players like that hit was on purpose.
I'd like to grab some credit here for driving poor ole Ulffy somewhat mad over at McKeen's back in the day.

True: Most Leafers hate the Canucks due solely to an inferiority complex

... but I like to think many of the old-timers hate the Canucks, at least partially, due to Strangelove. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Thanks for putting that in here Strangelove. I have no idea how to, so rely on your computer-savy.

Can Mclean be anymore anti-canuck and pro-laughs. What a fucking moron. I thought Cherry was going to smoke him one.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

okcanuck wrote:Thanks for putting that in here Strangelove.
Seconded. Ron McLean is a douche. He hates the Canucks and he can't even hide it. A car fire would be too good for this guy.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Thanks for putting that in here Strangelove.
Seconded. Ron McLean is a douche. He hates the Canucks and he can't even hide it. A car fire would be too good for this guy.
With him trapped within it? Yeah, maybe. I prefer the 'ole eaten alive by feral pigs feet-first myself for that douche. Less traceable evidence. :devil:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The Brown Knight wrote:Not gonna lie folks.

I'm really glad that Bolland suffered what appears to be a serious injury.

My only regret is that his career wasn't ended.

Based on what we saw from the above video with Lopul, I hope the same thing happens to him.

Actually, scratch that. I hope he gets a *mod edit* in his head. Lopul is almost in the same category as Brad Marchand, Duncan Keith, and Kelly Sutherland as far as I'm concerned.
Brought a smile to my face to see him hobbling off in pain. Hope he's never the same player again. But I guess that still beats being a 'sister' and sleeping in a bunk-bed, eh there Bolly??? Now if only Karma could get around to the likes of Keith and Marchand.

LOFL at the Leaf posters going on about diving. The height of hypocrisy, only rivalled by Boston fans. There must have been a sniper in the rafters for JVR to go down like that.

Sipping Leaf fan tears like Grey Goose. :drink:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fuck you guys are hard on Old Ron and Don. I'd rather see both of them get aids from all the pipe licking of Wendy Clark myself. Cherry must have rectal warts around his yap from all the 71's he engaged in with Leaf players over the years.

SL I remember you terrorizing Leafsfan Steve more than Ulfie . Ian was a bit of a wimp on those boards as well. FWIW I didn't mind Shakes.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Lupul's attempt.

How Pavel gave it to Churla .. c/w colour by Cherry & MacLean.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:It would have been sweet justice if Kadri had been knocked out and had to lose time from a concussion. I wonder if Shanny would have reviewed the tap and suspended Lupal?
He probably would suspended Hank for getting out of the way and leaving Kadri in a vulnerable and unsuspecting position.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
leaves had allowed 36.1 shots per game coming into tonight and Canucks have 46 so far. Worst of any NHL team since 2004-05 lockout is 35.1.

…….And after last night, they're up to 36.5 shots against per game.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Again in the minority but prefer not to see a player get injured like Bolland.

Karma is a bitch and can come back and haunt the team later.

The hit was not intentional no matter how many times CBC tried to make it look that way. In all honesty I would prefer less Saturday games and more with TSN/SNET. Even TSN is better than CBC.

What I really cant wait for is JT going ape on the media and especially CBC for their comments. He has given a few little jabs but has not let both cannons go yet.

Really good to see the team so up for the game, it has been a while to see this team fly around the ice like they did. It was also really nice for Carliye (sp) to put Orr and the other idiot on the ice so much, did they actually expect the twins to be scared of the human pylons?

On Kassian, I wont say much until he has shown this moxy in another 20+ games. He needs to bring it more and show up like he did on Saturday against other lesser teams.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Reefer2 wrote:Again in the minority but prefer not to see a player get injured like Bolland.

The hit was not intentional no matter how many times CBC tried to make it look that way. In all honesty I would prefer less Saturday games and more with TSN/SNET. Even TSN is better than CBC.
I'm not one to rejoice in injuries either.

Kudos for PJ Stock to go against the grain and not only state that the Bolland injury was an accident but demonstrate why it was. Either it takes a thug to know the difference or he was the only guy willing to be objective about it.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Personally I'm quite enjoying the afterglow knowing that this game is all the Toronto media have to choke on for a few more days. And there is the sting those asshole leafblowers who showed up in their gay wear at mr Rogers neighbourhood have to suffer with...
It's a glorious day :):) :)