GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

Post by dbr »

Looked like Lupul realized Hank was going to evade the check he meant to deliver and hung an elbow out there trying to make some contact (same way a lot of guys end up going knee on knee).. reckless and stupid but probably not malicious.

How fucking awesome would it have been if he'd really nailed Kadri though.. with Boxak and Bolland out an injury to Kadri would make Jay freaking McClement their first line centre :lol: I guess we can hope that it did rattle Nazem a bit and with all the ice time the leaves have to hand out someone else gets him for a second impact (a la Malkin on Mitchell after Boogaard got him the previous game, or Steckel on Crosby after Hedman has hit him previously).

Wouldn't really wish that on Kadri myself but I would definitely wish that situation on the leaves and their fans. :look:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few gloating comments:

As most of us have known, the Leaves process a handful of offensive weapons but the Achilles heel has always been that said weapons are injury prone. Beyond that handful, they suck.

Do Orr and McLaren bring anything to the lineup other than addition work for the PK unit? Did Orr see a shift after the scrum with Sestito? Did McLaren play after his surrender?

Their defence was shown to be exactly what we knew it was.

How many times was Ceiline Cuthbert challenged by a Vancouver player and each time he slunk away. Yes Captain pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence is everything he was in Calgary.

Kessel is in for a rough go until he defends himself against the Wild.

Loosening the reins against after whistle shenanigans will regain some respect and swagger for the Canucks and i a very welcome change from the previous staff.

If Lupil had knocked out Kadri, Henrik's between the legs dump would have gone through Reimer. Hank said he saw it coming and ducked it.

Don Cherry would have kissed the bus bomber better.

I was hoping for Archibald-Clarkson.

The PP is a big concern. Goals was a huge issue last season and the poor PP was a major factor in the drop off. It isn't enough to play keep away for two minutes in a lopsided game.

Not enough of a blowout for my liking.

A Leaves fan I harass goaded me into a $50 bet on the game. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote: A Leaves fan I harass goaded me into a $50 bet on the game. LOL
I spent my winnings at a skanky rock'n roll bar where they humiliated me throughout the night for being a Canucks fan...drank and danced and felt like complete shyte this morning...

:D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If Kassian continues being that guy that makes opposing players skittish at going into the corners with I will be a happy man. The Kassian serious injury parade to others continues
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Great game!!
How does Heally keep his job? He's beyond annoying and incompetent!!!

That Orr/Sestito fight (and i use the term loosely) was embarrassing as a hockey fan, makes the sport look like wrestling and roller derby,staged fights have got to go!!

Kassian is like a freaking wrecking ball,as long as his carnage keeps hurting the opposition and not his team
no problema :D

2nd line continues to develop nicely :thumbs:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I guess that means if we make it to the cup finals it should be a cake walk after shit kicking the best team in the east.

What an extremely satisfying win - many pros and no cons!

The leaves have some good pieces but also some massive holes. Dion is not a #1. I hope they spend $7M+ on him for 8 years. When their goaltending comes back down to earth they will be in trouble because getting consistently out shot 10+ shots a game is a recipe for failure, no matter what leaves fans say. Boy do they have some goof ball goons on that team too.

Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows looks like the makings of a good line and was better than the Sedin line last night. Higgins was dangling out there!

Speaking of Higgins, Torts said after the game Kassian needs to use Higgins as a role model and play like him. I couldn't agree more.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

I spent some time reading the PGT on the leaves HF forum.

My god I can't believe how delusional most of them are, they make bigtuna seem like a knowledgable and impartial poster.

The only reason the Canucks won for many of them was biased reffing and Canucks diving.

Every crosscheck and boarding call against their saintly leaves was a dive by the Canucks, unbelivable!

Their tears were beautiful to see. And they call us whiners!

Although to be fair there were a few that acknowledged that they lost because they were outplayed, outskilled and outworked but they were in the minority.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

herb wrote: Speaking of Higgins, Torts said after the game Kassian needs to use Higgins as a role model and play like him. I couldn't agree more.
Agree 1000%. Kassian is never going to be a point per game player. He's going to be (at most) a 20 goal 50 pt 125 pim kinda guy. Higgins is the kind of player that can do a middle-6 role, score 15-20 goals, move up and down the lineup, and compete on 3/4 nights. Kassian would be well-served learning from this guy.

Edit:

Loved how he embarassed Phaneuf tonight. The guy did not want to tangle with Kassian and it showed.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Knucklehead wrote:I spent some time reading the PGT on the leaves HF forum.
me too. Fuck that place is good for a laugh. It is right there with Bountiful for full on homerism, blatant stupidity and delusion. These people are fucking nuts !!! Scary part is Ulf55 who used to be somewhat of a grounded leaves poster back in the day on the old CF boards. He is saying the Canucks players were throwing themselves into the boards just to draw a 2 minute penalty. He said it over and over again. Nobody can actually believe that can they ? Yeah I'll go risk a broken neck for a minor penalty. That is fucked. Then the same dude said Kassian is out there to injure players like that hit was on purpose.

leaves could not keep up to the Canucks transition game or their quick passing . It seemed like the leaves were constantly a step behind and lost the race to pretty much every loose puck . Pretty to watch and nice to see Vancouver beat a contender. LOL
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

[quote="Blob Mckenzie" leaves could not keep up to the Canucks transition game or their quick passing . It seemed like the leaves were constantly a step behind and lost the race to pretty much every loose puck . Pretty to watch and nice to see Vancouver beat a contender. LOL[/quote]

I only saw one Contender on the ice last night and one pretender.

The game was a thing of joy to watch, complete and total domination by the better team.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

darren wrote:Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

tantalum wrote:
Topper wrote:Stock and Weekes, awkward or gay
Quite obviously both. A camera shot of Weekes ass as Stock talks about exploding into him.
I know eh? :D

I laughed SO loud!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: cant hold it back anymore, who is the goofball on CBC that has the Maple Leaf dick in his mouth.
Ummm.... ALL... of them? Image

The dialogue immediately following Kassian's goal, and I quote:

Simpson: “And there’s the hit, did he get kicked or did he fall down? It’s hard to see on that, but clearly right off the bat he was in trouble. He looks down. HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN KICKED THERE BY KASSIAN!”

Healy: “The referees have the option if they really feel a player is in peril you can blow it down. And Bolland didn’t move for a number of seconds and then he tried to get up on his own and make his way to the bench with one leg.”

Simpson: “Watch the kick right there! The left foot came up and I think that’s exactly what it was, Kassian’s toe went into the left leg of Bolland. He went right down.”

:scowl:

Where do I even begin....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: Not gonna lie folks.

I'm really glad that Bolland suffered what appears to be a serious injury.

My only regret is that his career wasn't ended.
You're a better man than I am Brownie.

I would NEVER admit to such a thing! :devil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: If Lupil had knocked out Kadri, Henrik's between the legs dump would have gone through Reimer. Hank said he saw it coming and ducked it.

Don Cherry would have kissed the bus bomber better.
____
Try to focus on someday.