GDT: Oct 10 - Canucks vs Habs. 19:00 HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

darren
CC Veteran

Re: GDT: Oct 10 - Canucks vs Habs. 19:00 HNiC

Post by darren »

It's been a pretty good game so far... but wow, that was one for the blooper reel. Hamhuis just looks... confused. If that ends up being the winning goal... :evil:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hamhuis is just not his usual self... The Canucks are really missing Burrows and Edler.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Canucks have out played the Habs by a country mile yet are down 2-1. They give up their first short handed goal of the year then a weird own goal. The way it goes. Win games you shouldn't and get stoned for two periods in a game you are playing great. They had a noticeable sag after that own goal. Hopefully they will regroup in the intermission any get that one back.

I like their intensity so far. I like their defensive coverage. But they don't have more than three lines. We need Burrows and JS back. Get some balance and roll 4 lines.

Glad I didn't make fun of Quick after his gaff :o :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

From what I have seen the effort is definitely there. Bad fucking break is all the 2nd goal was, but Vancouver has been the better team tonight. Need some finish though. Going back and forth between the ball game and this. Great time of year for a sports fan.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:From what I have seen the effort is definitely there. Bad fucking break is all the 2nd goal was, but Vancouver has been the better team tonight. Need some finish though. Going back and forth between the ball game and this. Great time of year for a sports fan.
I'm going back and forth between this I Am Legend and The Thing while swilling copious amounts of 1516. What about you Beer Sleeve McKenzie?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think Gillis needs to go back to the drawing board on our bottom 6. The bottom 6 drive the bus

Is Kassian playing?

Is Booth playing!

What's Keslers deal?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

And.... that should do it. West coast games are tough to stay awake for anyway.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hamhuis is fucking shit. Sit him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trade all the forwards except The Sedins, Santorelli and Hansen
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:Hamhuis is fucking shit. Sit him.
Must be tough for you with Edler suspended. Poor ole Hammer is getting the abuse because of no Edler
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kassian and Booth look fine imho. Gillis needs to find another quality centre like say a Lars Eller or a Shawn Mathias type to play with those guys. Brad Richardson is a 4th line guy and gets exposed playing in the top 9. I will give him time but to me it doesn't look like the answer to this teams problems are on the current roster or on IR.

I am drinking Michelob Ultra and Caesars. Not mixing them Pacific Blue alternating them. Had some chicken wings, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp, meatballs, veggies and dip- good old appy night with the boy. Wifey is out with the daughter. Good old male bonding. :)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Shitty effort after the fluke goal . The upcoming road trip will show what the team is made of . Little early yet to throw in the towel on the season royal dud
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

One of those games...I quickly sweep under the rug and now hope we can put some points up on the road..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Our high octane offense was in beast mode again tonight. How
Long have we been a scoring powerhouse now?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Our high octane offense was in beast mode again tonight. How
Long have we been a scoring powerhouse now?
Hey we got 2 goals...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….