GDT: Canucks at Sharks 7:00PM TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks at Sharks 7:00PM TSN

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:5 on 3 powerplay for Sharks killed all the momentum, whatever there was.
2nd period all Sharks.
Soft play by Garrison gives them their first. Can't fault Luongo on the second.

I'm actually slightly impressed by the Canucks so far. They've bought into the shot-blocking. The Sedins looked okay on the PK, and the team killed that 5 on 3 . They still don't have Torts' system learned yet, but they're hanging in there (thanks Lou) with one of the better teams in the division in one of the toughest buildings in hockey.

Compared to the Canucks team that played the Sharks in San Jose during the playoffs, this is a marked improvement.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Strangelove wrote:

Booth and Santorelli had a little magic together once upon a time.
Yup, like when they combined to be a -48 in 2011
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote:5 on 3 powerplay for Sharks killed all the momentum, whatever there was.
2nd period all Sharks.
Soft play by Garrison gives them their first. Can't fault Luongo on the second.

I'm actually slightly impressed by the Canucks so far. They've bought into the shot-blocking. The Sedins looked okay on the PK, and the team killed that 5 on 3 . They still don't have Torts' system learned yet, but they're hanging in there (thanks Lou) with one of the better teams in the division in one of the toughest buildings in hockey.

Compared to the Canucks team that played the Sharks in San Jose during the playoffs, this is a marked improvement.
yeah thats true.

I just want Torts to find chemistry offensively and stick with a lineup:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Dalpe
Higgins Santos Hansen
Sestito Richardson Weise

We need a 3rd line to play well, I think this line would do well.

Force booth/kesler/new guy to get going.

Crash bang 4th line.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vader wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Who will Torts call out after the game, the refs, Thornton, Bieksa?
LOL at anyone who figures Bieksa will be a Tortorella whipping boy. He's exactly what Tortorella is preaching that he wants and lo and behold, look who's leading the team in ice-time through two periods
Well, going by Torts 'OK' comment regarding Kassians conditioning its pretty clear who Torts whipping boy is gonna be
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vader wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Lol, that's terrible.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

LOL I didn't even realize Booth was in this game.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

RoyalDude wrote:
Vader wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Lol, that's terrible.
Booth finished -31 that year. The next worse plus minus among FLA forwards was -17 (Santorelli). Bernier was -14

Meanwhile Higgins was +5 on that team, Weiss -9 (another linemate of Booth). Most of the other forwards were generally between -2 and +2.

Real shocker that Tallon just gave Booth away the next year
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vader wrote:
Booth finished -31 that year. The next worse plus minus among FLA forwards was -17 (Santorelli). Bernier was -14

Meanwhile Higgins was +5 on that team, Weiss +2. Most of the other forwards were generally between -2 and +2.

More shocking than that. He found a GM willing to take him and that contract off his hands
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Vader wrote:

Meanwhile Higgins was +5 on that team, Weiss +2. Most of the other forwards were generally between -2 and +2.

More shocking than that. He found a GM willing to take him and that contract off his hands
Hey Dude, tell me more about how much you hate the Canucks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

There's loads of offence on the Canucks isn't there
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Vader wrote:

Hey Dude, tell me more about how much you hate the Canucks.
I love the Canucks, hate the GM. He's an idiot
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Those career minor leaguers we acquired are sure playing awesome! :? :mad:

I miss Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Horvat and Corrado already.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Ouch, Higgins.

Edit: and that'll do it..
Last edited by dbr on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Am pvring this game. Is it worth watching so far ? Have beer and some killer cush so it should be ok..... right ??

I' d give it a pass there Blob. Just drink and forget the game.

Just like the Canucks I'm not gonna put in a full three periods.

Game off, there I feel better. We have a lot of work to do and I fear RD is a prophet. He saw this coming!
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

10 straight losses to the Sharks. We are gonna love the new division