GDT: Canucks @ edm - May18 - 5pm - R2G6

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ edm - May18 - 5pm - R2G6

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:58 pm^ nice rant. :)
Disturbing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That post took 12 1/2 yrars to write lol

Frozen with the one post gut shot on the chef
If you need air...call it in
griz
CC Veteran

Post by griz »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:40 pm We've got em just where we want em: Overconfident.

On Monday we finish them.
Yes. And arrogant.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:51 pm Fuck this team.

I can’t even blame Petey tonight because he did a good job setting up our only goal.
Are you hopping a bird for Game 7 Mëds.

If not kick your ducats to me and the Dude.
Who said anything about free? We have some scratch, a couple KEG cards, a pair of Ann Drennan’s boxers , a free night at the suite in the Astoria and Pacific Blue is working on some female companionship.

Come on Mëds don’t be such a cheap prick. Dude has his Gremlin dialed in with the car flags
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 pm That post took 12 1/2 yrars to write lol
I'm getting UKcanuck vibes off this guy for some reason...
____
Try to focus on someday.
frozen
AHL Prospect

Post by frozen »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:03 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 pm That post took 12 1/2 yrars to write lol
A long time coming yes
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:51 pm Fuck this team.

I can’t even blame Petey tonight because he did a good job setting up our only goal.
Are you hopping a bird for Game 7 Mëds.

If not kick your ducats to me and the Dude.
Who said anything about free? We have some scratch, a couple KEG cards, a pair of Ann Drennan’s boxers , a free night at the suite in the Astoria and Pacific Blue is working on some female companionship.

Come on Mëds don’t be such a cheap prick. Dude has his Gremlin dialed in with the car flags
Are you sloshed Blobcat?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Worse game of the playoffs for the team, a complete no show by the entire team. Best thing is that the Oilers think it was because of them.

Anyone seen BB, lately. He hadn’t been seen much for the past 3 games.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:11 am Worse game of the playoffs for the team, a complete no show by the entire team. Best thing is that the Oilers think it was because of them.

Anyone seen BB, lately. He hadn’t been seen much for the past 3 games.
You’re being awfully negative, Fingers. Shame on you!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fuck I just read that fella’s rant. He kicked the Dude in the nuts with a frozen gumboot, stuck Ann Drennan’s nightstick up his ass, did a bump off his back and mixed a Caesar while puffing sweet plumes of Cohiba into the dudes hairy ear holes.

I want to see this relationship play out.

Are you Frozen or are you a coward?

It’s easy to do a drive by. Do you have the nuts to stand in with the Dude and engage in an epic pillow fight?

Dude….. your thoughts?

This cat abused you.Is this an acquaintance from the Dufferin Hotel?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:03 pm
:P

UK? Zat you?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Frozen is going through therapy. The Letter to the Chef is one step in his healing process
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ok...after shutting anything to do with last night down and it being the morning after...what to make of it.

My takes:

The coil bum rushed the Canucks basically on a couple of cheese smelling goals by the kid. If Demko is at 95% or better, I do the change. She loves has been great but that long Bouchard flubber was a back breaker. (You gotta love the Sportsnet coil fluffers calling an 88 mph shot from 40+ ft a bomb...that's wrist shot velocity in the NHL)

It seems that given the energy out of the coilers and the 2-3-4 goal lead...they pulled back and let it play out knowing they have Monday at home

Hughes is pretty ineffective right now. He's overmatched against the pressure. Strangely Hronek elevated his game.

Bad game all around. Toss it in the bin, find that game 5 gear and flush these coiler turds Monday in the gm place shitter where they belong.

Diving, whining bitches
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:06 am Ok...after shutting anything to do with last night down and it being the morning after...what to make of it.

My takes:

The coil bum rushed the Canucks basically on a couple of cheese smelling goals by the kid. If Demko is at 95% or better, I do the change. She loves has been great but that long Bouchard flubber was a back breaker. (You gotta love the Sportsnet coil fluffers calling an 88 mph shot from 40+ ft a bomb...that's wrist shot velocity in the NHL)

It seems that given the energy out of the coilers and the 2-3-4 goal lead...they pulled back and let it play out knowing they have Monday at home

Hughes is pretty ineffective right now. He's overmatched against the pressure. Strangely Hronek elevated his game.

Bad game all around. Toss it in the bin, find that game 5 gear and flush these coiler turds Monday in the gm place shitter where they belong.

Diving, whining bitches
Yeah in my books, Hughes current game or lack thereof is a problem. The Preds got inside his head , and since then he hasn’t had his usual swagger. Yes, Hronek seems to be better. Hughes got lit up by Holloway on his goal, surprised he was caught chasing the puck instead of the body, Junior league level mistake but needed Silovs to come up huge there but didn’t.

Boeser dropped the ball on Hymans goal and has admitted fault on the play. No excuse on the Bouchard goal for Silovs, he had a clean unobstructed view of the shot the whole way.

The team simply didn’t show up, a rare off night for Boeser. Not sure I’m liking Lindholm on Petey’s line, yes Petey has improved from the line adjustment but Garland and Joshua haven’t looked the same since.

I’m still irritated with Aman for letting Desharnais embarrass him like that. Have some back bone FFS, he looked like a gimp in submission.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aman isnt going to fight Desharnais lol. He'd get even more destroyed than the headlock.

He's been a pretty decent PK guy and is steady/solid defensively