OTL-GDT May 10 Game 2 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: OTL-GDT May 10 Game 2 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:02 am If the Canucks keep up the punishing pressure they'll fatigue as this one goes long. It happened much the same the past 2 playoffs for them

I don't care what coach says, the pipe cleaner has been playing injured and is slowly coming round to form. As this series winds on I expect his game also returns to form
Why would you play him injured down the stretch when you know you will need him in the playoffs? That makes no sense.
Because him momma never raised no quitter? I dunno but there are degrees of tolerance and some things like back pain, shoulder pain can usually be worked through over time.

Look, he's still an elite scorer who has hit some sort of obstacle and I am fairly certain it's not fatigue and wimpyness
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Oddly confident…
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 am
Mëds wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:02 am If the Canucks keep up the punishing pressure they'll fatigue as this one goes long. It happened much the same the past 2 playoffs for them

I don't care what coach says, the pipe cleaner has been playing injured and is slowly coming round to form. As this series winds on I expect his game also returns to form
Why would you play him injured down the stretch when you know you will need him in the playoffs? That makes no sense.
Because him momma never raised no quitter? I dunno but there are degrees of tolerance and some things like back pain, shoulder pain can usually be worked through over time.

Look, he's still an elite scorer who has hit some sort of obstacle and I am fairly certain it's not fatigue and wimpyness
If this was a 10-15 game thing I'd buy it.

This is heading towards month 3 right now.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Petey is getting paid Draisaitl/McDavid money give or take but he’s nowhere near the same league as those two, but this seems to be a thing with Petey, we have seen him go through long stretches of playing at a sub par level by his standards, it’s just unfortunate he’s decided to go through one now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s a series now. The better team won, just like the first game. I think either team would get skullfucked if they drew Dallas or Colorado this round. The hope would be to have those teams go 7 and pound each other.

Dallas
Colorado
Vegas

Jets
Canucks
Oilers

Preds
Kings

Florida and the Rags are way better. The Canes have had garbage luck.

We are a ways away from the big boys but Rome wasn’t built in a day. This is such a vast improvement over the last decade where they ‘ran out of time’

I’ll be happy if they can beat the Soilers but I am also aware they have two of the top 6 or 7 players in the game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:51 am Petey is getting paid Draisaitl/McDavid money give or take but he’s nowhere near the same league as those two, but this seems to be a thing with Petey, we have seen him go through long stretches of playing at a sub par level by his standards, it’s just unfortunate he’s decided to go through one now.
Drai and Mcdavid only make 7.3 million?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Zadorov getting ready for Game 3 :D
“They have good fans. Die-hard fans,” Zadorov remarked. “I mean, there’s pretty much nothing else to do in that city except watch hockey.”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:25 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:51 am Petey is getting paid Draisaitl/McDavid money give or take but he’s nowhere near the same league as those two, but this seems to be a thing with Petey, we have seen him go through long stretches of playing at a sub par level by his standards, it’s just unfortunate he’s decided to go through one now.
Also, in a year or two those two will be pulling in $14M/$15M/$16M-per, cap is rising...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT May 10 Game 2 Vancouver vs Coilers 7PM PST SN CBC

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:43 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:44 am
Sutherland to rescue the oil….
I mean, I don't usually criticize the reffing, but that was just fucking brutal.

Seems like the times I do criticize the reffing, that cunt Sutherland is in the middle of it...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That non call on Hughes was a joke and to see McDavid smirking on the bench was salt in the wound. But the Canucks had the game and played Travis Green hockey the last period.

I am happy to see playoff hockey again for the home squad. Gonna take two years if all goes right. Lots of good steps this year. Let’s beat the Coil and get caved by big D. Great season imho.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kelly Sutherland deserves a big filthy coiler in his yap from an impatego riddled and yeast infected downtown east side hooker named Big Dink Beatrice who often frequented the Cobalt and the Astoria as well as Oppenheimer Park and was known to the Authorities as well as the Dude.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 pm Kelly Sutherland deserves a big filthy coiler in his yap from an impatego riddled and yeast infected downtown east side hooker named Big Dink Beatrice who often frequented the Cobalt and the Astoria as well as Oppenheimer Park and was known to the Authorities as well as the Dude.
:lol:

Classic Blob McKenzie post
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:45 pm
Also, in a year or two those two will be pulling in $14M/$15M/$16M-per, cap is rising...
Under those projections Edmonton can't afford to keep both of them.

I pity the team that pays Draisaitl $14M. His numbers will plummet without McDavid orchestrating the PP.

Just over 50% of Draisaitl's goals came on the PP this year. Most of them assisted by McDavid.

9 of his 16 points are on the PP with McDavid in the playoffs.

Take McDavid away and Draisaitl will be significantly overpaid. I actually hope the Oilers re-sign the kraut to like $13M and all of their fans think it's a big hometown discount.....and then McDavid walks as a free agent. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shit, Chef sure shit the bed on that one.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

If the refs out the whistles away I would have less to complain about. It is the obvious non calls against the Oilers vs the soft calls against us. I get that they want to protect the stars but isn't Hughes one of those stars? He has taken brutal treatment, without complaint, and yet nothing gets called on him.

Pettersson also isn't drawing calls. Now while he isn't complaining verbally his body language says it all and there are close dives in there as well.

The German gives the lumber pretty good yet yaps whenever he is hit. At least Kane will pound back. Perry too.

Anyway, I figure this season thus far has exceeded expectations and has to be considered a success. As Blob says, a refreshing turn of events. We are still a couple of years away from being a true contender. If we can somehow keep most of our defence in tack and work on the offensive players we will be ok.

I'd be fine trading Pettersson, for a respectful return, if we could land a 70- 80 point centre somewhere else. And if that would allow us to keep Lindholm that would be a bonus. Hopefully someone in Abbotsford is ready to ride shotgun with Miller and Boeser next year. The whole Pettersson line needs to be rebuilt, all three of them.
The only HW the Canucks need