W-GDT May 3 Game 6 Vancouver at Nashville 4PM PST SN CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: W-GDT May 3 Game 6 Vancouver at Nashville 4PM PST SN CBC

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cornuck wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 am I was wondering about bad calls coming up against EDM - does Bettman care who wins between 2 Canadian teams? :D (I'm guessing McDoofus is one of their poster children, though...)
When McJesus gets to dictate what type of skills will be in the skills competition I'd say he has some sway.
The only HW the Canucks need
BoS
CC Rookie

Post by BoS »

Tocchet has been remarkably conservative with the refs when faced with questionable/brutal calls against. During the season, he had an impressive success rate when challenging calls, yet hasn’t made an attempt in the post season, not without opportunity. For a guy who played with insane fire and intensity, he’s remained really cool and collected behind the bench.

If McDavid and co go off the rails and get in the refs face enough, this could really work in Vancouver’s favour.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tocchet has even gone out of his way to praise the refs and at times saying they made the right call. He has been very generous of spirit ensuring that he does not become the problem. It is refreshing.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BoS wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:41 pm
If McDavid and co go off the rails and get in the refs face enough, this could really work in Vancouver’s favour.
I fully anticipate whiny coilers sniveling in the media between games. McWhiner is always crying about the perceived injustices he's experiencing

Boxing him and Hymen out of the slot will create this scenario
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 pm KING Artur
I like it, good one dood! It is time for a new king to lead us deep into the playoffs. It was first King Richard and now it's King Artur.

Hail King Arturs! Hail King Arturs! It is time for the reign of the Silovs Empire. :D

I find all this buzz with the fans making a big deal about the Chaos Giraffe making a save with his ballz a bit childish. I mean, that's why he has the jock strap and he said he was fine after, so who cares? Whatever floats their boat I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98XWTjyd0bM

Man, speaking of Myer's save with his ballz, I was just re-watching the highlights of the dying seconds of the game. After Myzy makes that save, the puck goes over to Josi at the point. With the Nucks flopping and diving all over the place, Josi had like 3 guys (1 of them their gunner Forsberg) who he could have fed the puck over to for the One T (1 timer) for a much higher % shot. He also had TB53 going hard at him in the blocking lane, instead Josi holds, goes for the low % shot himself and floats the puck wide over the net. I'm not complaining, but a play not worthy of a Norris calibre D-man. :P

:lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:26 pm
theman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:22 pm
dangler wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:20 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 pm
Picker of Cherries wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm Whistles put away unless the Canucks score. That was an awful call.
Good strategy switching Miller out for Pettersson on the game winning goal - brilliant! 😀
The Lindholm bullshit call was dirty. Fucking agenda merchants
Officiating was inconsistent, horrible time to decide to make that call.
The only thing that worries me, as a Canucks' fan, with playing the Oilers is if the refs go all "me, me, me" mode. It the series is special teams exhibition, the Canucks are in trouble with that Oilers' PP. Canucks will need to stay out of the box in the upcoming series.
Put Juulsen in for game 1 and have him give McDavid the Aaron Rome treatment.
Brandon Manning played for Björklöven this season on a one year contract.
The season has ended so he should be available.

https://youtu.be/kXGHW9OcNoA?si=zFth9RZyZ77uJ8d4

McDavid suffered a broken clavicle and missed 37 games.
Last edited by Per on Sun May 05, 2024 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lancer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:00 pm
Raile wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:52 pm Man, Silvos with a shutout to win an elimination game. what a night for him
He’s a big-game goalie. He was like this at the WHC last year.
Yup. Silovs was a big part of Latvia medalling for the first time ever at a hockey world championship, beating the USA in overtime in the bronze game.
… one of the heroes of the tournament, Latvian goalie Arturs Silovs, played 601:00 in goal, the second-most in IIHF WM history. Silovs was named tournament MVP, the first time this honour had been bestowed on a Latvian for any top-level IIHF tournament. Indeed, he is the first Latvian to be named Directorate Award winner or named to the Media All-Star team, any position, any year, any event.
https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2023/wm/ ... by_the_num
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:07 am
Mëds wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:26 pm
theman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:22 pm
dangler wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:20 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 pm
Picker of Cherries wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm Whistles put away unless the Canucks score. That was an awful call.
Good strategy switching Miller out for Pettersson on the game winning goal - brilliant! 😀
The Lindholm bullshit call was dirty. Fucking agenda merchants
Officiating was inconsistent, horrible time to decide to make that call.
The only thing that worries me, as a Canucks' fan, with playing the Oilers is if the refs go all "me, me, me" mode. It the series is special teams exhibition, the Canucks are in trouble with that Oilers' PP. Canucks will need to stay out of the box in the upcoming series.
Put Juulsen in for game 1 and have him give McDavid the Aaron Rome treatment.
Brandon Manning played for Björklöven this season on a one year contract.
The season has ended so he should be available.

https://youtu.be/kXGHW9OcNoA?si=zFth9RZyZ77uJ8d4

McDavid suffered a broken clavicle and missed 37 games.
I love that highlight. Whichever oiler pole smoker was calling that game says “He gets tripped and then he gets levelled…..”

Watch it again. Nobody trips him. He plants his left foot wrong and catches an edge and goes down because Manning was, quite properly and cleanly, pushing to force him outside and away from the net.

I can’t remember if there was a penalty on that play or not, but there shouldn’t have been. Clean defense and an unfortunate trip.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, how does that feel boys n girls? :D

Had to stay away after game 5... not superstitious or anything :wink:

Me Loves the She-Lovs
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!