L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Strangelove »

Raile wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm I’m content with moving Boeser this off season
:D
:lol:

The inevitable adjustment!
Watching Lafferty, Mikheyev, and Suter bobble passes and shoot in to the goalies chest for the past few months has been a treat. Can't wait to get rid of Boeser so we can go from having one top six wing to having zero top six wings. (I like Hogs but he's been far better in the bottom six).
Don't worry Raile, sell high on Boeser, dump Lafferty, Mikheyev, etc

... and bring in a couple of true physical top sixers.

Hopefully Brock gets a bunch of goals and a Cup ring.

That way the price will be through the roof when we SELL SELL SELL!! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hopefully the 2 day break will work in our favour and the Preds will lose their momentum, while we reset our game.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm I’m content with moving Boeser this off season

Watching Lafferty, Mikheyev, and Suter bobble passes and shoot in to the goalies chest for the past few months has been a treat. Can't wait to get rid of Boeser so we can go from having one top six wing to having zero top six wings. (I like Hogs but he's been far better in the bottom six).
Chef was just frustrated, nobody was immune to his attacks on Canuck harbour last night. You are right, trading Boeser would give us the single worst winger group in the league. I’ve been trying to advise HW to change her disdain for Boeser for years and here I was doing it as well - getting rid of Boeser.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

He's useless against speed. I'd like to see an upgrade there...

Just imagine, we were scoffing at the idea of Jason Zucker as a rental. Buddy is owning the Canucks swedish slumper line
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 pm He's useless against speed. I'd like to see an upgrade there...

Just imagine, we were scoffing at the idea of Jason Zucker as a rental. Buddy is owning the Canucks swedish slumper line
Alvin would love to walk that one back for sure
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Zucker has a seeing eye goal and an assist. Yes he’s mopping the floor with the Canucks. He’s a 32 year old runt. If Peter and Dakota bury their dead red chances, it’s a tie game. Or if Suter isn’t using a stick from Crappy Tire.

Am I watching a different series? The shot attempts and puck possession aren’t even close. The Preds have been caved in and have no business being tied.

Tocchet has the team dialed in properly. Have a short hook with DeShits. Get Podz in there and get that scrub Juulsen a recliner in the press box.

Canucks haven’t gotten a bounce yet.

86 to 38 in shot attempts.

But the urine crew will do their thing.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am Lol Zucker has a seeing eye goal and an assist. Yes he’s mopping the floor with the Canucks. He’s a 32 year old runt. If Peter and Dakota bury their dead red chances, it’s a tie game. Or if Suter isn’t using a stick from Crappy Tire.

Am I watching a different series? The shot attempts and puck possession aren’t even close. The Preds have been caved in and have no business being tied.

Tocchet has the team dialed in properly. Have a short hook with DeShits. Get Podz in there and get that scrub Juulsen a recliner in the press box.

Winger - Zuckers rental costs are much more palatable than our 3rd line centre do nothing - Lindholm. Meanwhile Petey’s wingers are a mish mash of non-top two line winger material.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I guess we can take some solace in the "Deserve-to-win-o-meter" (first time I've heard of this one) :D

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am Lol Zucker has a seeing eye goal and an assist. Yes he’s mopping the floor with the Canucks. He’s a 32 year old runt. If Peter and Dakota bury their dead red chances, it’s a tie game. Or if Suter isn’t using a stick from Crappy Tire.

DE Smith will bounce back, Myers will probably be back, but if not, I would expect to see a better game from Juulsen as well. Tocchet loves the guy and it was his first playoff game, in his hometown no less. Foote & Gonchar will get him on the right track.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 pm

But we don't need 2, we'd need 4 top six wingers. When has a cup-competing team ever acquired 4 top 6 wingers in a single off season? If we are trying to improve year after year, we need 4.

I don't love Boeser but I don't see how we can compete with the true cup contenders with such massively lacking in skill, top 6.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 am

Winger - Zuckers rental costs are much more palatable than our 3rd line centre do nothing - Lindholm. Meanwhile Petey’s wingers are a mish mash of non-top two line winger material.
You think Zucker is the missing piece? One day you are shaking your fist at the clouds chanting about how shitty Lindholm is with a river of piss running down your bird leg. Coughing up slugs from deep in your pirate chest. Stop dialing Crazy Lennie at all hours of the night. Actually watch the games and you’ll see who the better team has been so far.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Raile wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 pm

But we don't need 2, we'd need 4 top six wingers. When has a cup-competing team ever acquired 4 top 6 wingers in a single off season? If we are trying to improve year after year, we need 4.

I don't love Boeser but I don't see how we can compete with the true cup contenders with such massively lacking in skill, top 6.
Meh, Josh and Gnarly can fake it while we see how Hog and Pod pan out...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:50 amCoughing up slugs from deep in your pirate chest
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 am I guess we can take some solace in the "Deserve-to-win-o-meter" (first time I've heard of this one) :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10XXtoCjk5c

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it"
- Will Munny
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 pm

Meh, Josh and Gnarly can fake it while we see how Hog and Pod pan out...
:eh: :crazy: