GDT. 11/18/17 Blues @ Canucks 7:00 PM. CBUT

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT. 11/18/17 Blues @ Canucks 7:00 PM. CBUT

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote:Playing not to lose. Green's version of Megna & Chaput isn't going to get better with first-line minutes over an 82 game schedule.

Chinless, pork-jowled Green is starting to piss me off just a wee bit.
His expression doesn't show it but he is starting to panic behind the bench when the game gets tense late.
He wants his players to trust him, great, but it works both ways, he's gotta trust them.
The only way to ever play a complete game
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Green is proving to be another coach that has his favourites and plays them regardless, then shits on young guy because he can. The story about JV seems opportunistic to me, maybe true or maybe made up by the Orca marketing team because the Genius hired another rookie coach who is screwing the pooch.

Seriously do the coaches not watch the same game we do?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Seriously reef, Green' got more out of this 100 year old Sedin led group than any Jack Adams trophy winner could.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:Seriously reef, Green' got more out of this 100 year old Sedin led group than any Jack Adams trophy winner could.
Maybe but he has to stop shortening up the bench later in games.
It may not translate into wins yet but those are minutes that have to be learned through experience, no ?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

On Granlund's goal, when LE saw open ice, he pored the coals to it.
Didn't even know he could skate that fast. Holy hell! Where's that been?
For 6 mil, luv to see that more often.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I haven't seen the team play for a few weeks and thought they played a pretty decent game considering the opposition. The Blues are flying and throw the puck around with confidence but had their share of troubles with the Canucks last night. A little more finish by us or some harder on the puck plays in our end and we take this game.

We are what...20 games removed from a bottom 3 finish and the youth were driving the bus for us. Boeser just keeps getting better and Horvat looked strong all over the ice. I see guys like Baerchi, Granlund, Virtanen etc pushing the play and driving back a tough blues defense as often as they ever have.

An OT loss isn't anything to hang a head over this time
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Greener is doing mightily. The pundits had this team pegged to be one of the leagues worst. That mantle currently belongs to Nuckles much ballyhooed McDavid Oilers. Topper loved Climax Saskatchewans very own Wilbrod but he was too old msn stubborn for his own good. All hail the Greener, go green, be green, live green. I see nothing but green pastures ahead of the organization. The Genius continues, its purely perpetual
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doc’s puppet is st it again.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think there are some axioms about professional athletes and sports teams that would be valuable to remember.

1) Players want to win

2) Coaches want to win

3) Coaches (hockey now) will always, maybe mostly always, ice the best line up on any given night, one they think gives the team the best chance to win.

4) Situationally coaches will put out the players they think will achieve the desired outcome, hold a lead, score a goal, defend best, win a faceoff, kill a penalty etc.

5) Young players will get a shorter leash than veteran players. This too though can be situational. Like maybe injuries force you to play players you would otherwise sit. But with a full healthy lineup then 4 & 5 apply equally.

Those are my analytics.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm glad you through in a few maybes. Without them, it could be considered a bit robotic.
Regardless of the most dedicated and best of intentions, even a promise to one's self, emotions come into play.
Likes and dislikes are hard to suppress. It's only human.
The unpredictability of ever changing feelings is something advanced stats cannot account for.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:Doc’s puppet is st it again.
Get on board, or stay behind

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
5) Young players will get a shorter leash than veteran players. This too though can be situational. Like maybe injuries force you to play players you would otherwise sit. But with a full healthy lineup then 4 & 5 apply equally.

Those are my analytics.
True on any workplace.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Especially "Unions".
"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

micky107 wrote:His expression doesn't show it but he is starting to panic behind the bench when the game gets tense late.
If his expression doesn't show it, why do you think this is the case?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Puck wrote:
micky107 wrote:His expression doesn't show it but he is starting to panic behind the bench when the game gets tense late.
If his expression doesn't show it, why do you think this is the case?
Changes his own game-plan and throws out the vets.
Why? Because he is assuming they're better suited to deal with the pressure.
Is he right? That's up to you and all us other fans to ponder.

The way I look at it is may as well see how everyone does under pressure and what better way to learn, in a year
where no one expects this team to do much. A sentiment I am kinda glad that others have about us. I think that helps in the long run...
"evolution"