HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
Posts: 15014
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Strangelove » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Someone needs to kill Bob Cole.
Well Father Time has beaten him half to death.

Patience my friend, it's a long time til October....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
Posts: 7521
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake join Rogers' NHL broadcast team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/elliotte-friedm ... cast-team/

I think Friedman was one of the best personalities on HNIC. Although, it's not hard to look good when you're on a panel full of man-children, air-guitar referees and scatter-brained former goalies.

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: @betamax1080p

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Betamax » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake join Rogers' NHL broadcast team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/elliotte-friedm ... cast-team/

I think Friedman was one of the best personalities on HNIC. Although, it's not hard to look good when you're on a panel full of man-children, air-guitar referees and scatter-brained former goalies.
So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:

User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
Posts: 15014
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Betamax wrote: So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... story.html

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: @betamax1080p

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Betamax » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... story.html

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."
duh, that's too bad. Ray is probaby 1 or 1a when it comes to NHL colour commenters ... along with (Regis) Pierre McGuire, of course! But at least Ray will still do his regular spots on TEAM Radio ..... :D

p.s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is an "out" clause for Ray to leave after a year ... I mean, it states, "to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package" ......

Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of Leafs games?

Exactly. 8-)

User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
Posts: 15014
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Betamax wrote: Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of Leafs games?
Hmmm hard to say, Ray... and Pierre... are strange animals.

(Ray is a you-know-wot and Pierre is a turtle)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by ClamRussel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Betamax wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... story.html

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."
duh, that's too bad. Ray is probaby 1 or 1a when it comes to NHL colour commenters ... along with (Regis) Pierre McGuire, of course! But at least Ray will still do his regular spots on TEAM Radio ..... :D

p.s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is an "out" clause for Ray to leave after a year ... I mean, it states, "to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package" ......

Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of Leafs games?

Exactly. 8-)
No chance, Ray is at best a 1b on a network w/ a bad TV-deal, if he was w/ the big boys he'd be a 2C tops. He'd never lead Rogers in commentary.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy

User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by the Dogsalmon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:29 am

Its just a damn shame its all over.

User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
Posts: 15014
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Strangelove » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:45 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e20929813/

Ron MacLean has been frozen out of the new version of Hockey Night In Canada. Literally.

While George Stroumboulopoulos will sit in the studio chair and take the starring role that once was his – ringmaster of the most popular show on Canadian television – MacLean will be looking in from the outside on Sunday nights.

As for MacLean, he will now work well into Saturday night on Coach’s Corner, then either jump on a red-eye flight or an early morning one to get to small towns across the country by Sunday afternoon. He also lost a strong behind-the-scenes influence on Hockey Night, one MacLean always protested he did not have even as his co-workers insisted otherwise.
Image

LOFL @ MacLean playing the martyr!!

"It's because I am a man of principle that this happened to me!" Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 11970
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Strangelove wrote:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e20929813/

Ron MacLean has been frozen out of the new version of Hockey Night In Canada. Literally.

While George Stroumboulopoulos will sit in the studio chair and take the starring role that once was his – ringmaster of the most popular show on Canadian television – MacLean will be looking in from the outside on Sunday nights.

As for MacLean, he will now work well into Saturday night on Coach’s Corner, then either jump on a red-eye flight or an early morning one to get to small towns across the country by Sunday afternoon. He also lost a strong behind-the-scenes influence on Hockey Night, one MacLean always protested he did not have even as his co-workers insisted otherwise.
Image

LOFL @ MacLean playing the martyr!!



"It's because I am a man of principle that this happened to me!" Image


Won't miss him. Enjoy the Tim's in Small town Canada Ron.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by sagebrush » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:51 pm

MacLean will be looking in from the outside on Sunday nights. And even he admits his fractious relationship with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, which saw Bettman boycott Hockey Night after one particularly contentious interview in 2010, might have something to do with it.
Buttman did something right.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2490
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Madcombinepilot » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Yet, even if Buttman is right, I hate him so heavy that I would <chokes to say> Cheer for Ronnie on this...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8286
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by SKYO » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:36 pm

my potential wifey Andi Petrillo moved to nhlnetwork. :cry:
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE

User avatar
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:46 am
Location: in my computer

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by sk8er » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Hmmmm, I wonder if the "contentious" interview was the one where Ronnie boy was assassinating Burrows on T.V. Over the auger incident And buttman was looking REALLY uncomfortable. Wasn't that around that time frame??

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Benjo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:27 pm

I was hoping Rogers would poach at least some talent from TSN. As it stands their intermission panels are basically garbage. I really enjoyed the Hotstove on Saturdays to get decent news from around the league, I hope that hasn't been replaced by clips of what Burrows did over the summer or Kypreos trying to discover the point he's trying to make.

Post Reply