HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Someone needs to kill Bob Cole.

Well Father Time has beaten him half to death.

Patience my friend, it's a long time til October....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake join Rogers' NHL broadcast team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/elliotte-friedman-and-scott-oake-join-rogers-nhl-broadcast-team/

I think Friedman was one of the best personalities on HNIC. Although, it's not hard to look good when you're on a panel full of man-children, air-guitar referees and scatter-brained former goalies.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake join Rogers' NHL broadcast team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/elliotte-friedman-and-scott-oake-join-rogers-nhl-broadcast-team/

I think Friedman was one of the best personalities on HNIC. Although, it's not hard to look good when you're on a panel full of man-children, air-guitar referees and scatter-brained former goalies.

So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:
"The Prodigal Son has returned."
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Betamax wrote:So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... story.html

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote:So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."

Uh, that's too bad. Ray is probaby 1 or 1a when it comes to NHL colour commenters ... along with (Regis) Pierre McGuire, of course! But at least Ray will still do his regular spots on TEAM Radio ..... :D

p.s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is an "out" clause for Ray to leave after a year ... I mean, it states, "to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package" ......

Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of Leafs games?

Exactly. 8-)
"The Prodigal Son has returned."
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Betamax wrote:Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of Leafs games?

Hmmm hard to say, Ray... and Pierre... are strange animals.

(Ray is a you-know-wot and Pierre is a turtle)
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Betamax wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Uh, that's too bad. Ray is probaby 1 or 1a when it comes to NHL colour commenters ... along with (Regis) Pierre McGuire, of course! But at least Ray will still do his regular spots on TEAM Radio ..... :D

p.s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is an "out" clause for Ray to leave after a year ... I mean, it states, "to be a part of the Toronto Maple Leafs regional TSN television package" ......

Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of Leafs games?

Exactly. 8-)

No chance, Ray is at best a 1b on a network w/ a bad TV-deal, if he was w/ the big boys he'd be a 2C tops. He'd never lead Rogers in commentary.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:29 am

Its just a damn shame its all over.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat