HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Strangelove Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 pm wrote:
BingoTough wrote:Edit:another take that's much better.

Transcript:

PJ Stock:

“I like a lot of the stuff that he [Torts] says, but the tone that he says it in makes it sound like everyone else is… stupid! ... and that just an… in a business in Montreal… Canada… sss… we’re all media, we love our hockey game… we’re all… we all give opinions. We might be right, we might be wrong, but all try and… go in the same direction…. we don’t… it’s just… it’s tone…. (searches for the right words)...”

Healy comes to his rescue:

“You’re paid for an opinion.”

PJ Stock:

“Yeah”

Healy:

“You’re paid for an opinion…”

(turns and looks directly at Friedman, causing Weekes to h'yuk like a hillbilly for some reason)

“… not to be candy striper at the hospital.”

(MacLean and Weekes chuckle for a second and then stop with confused looks on their faces)

Friedman:

“I don’t get what that means.” (for starters, candy stripers don't get paid...)

Elliotte, I believe it means you're like a volunteer assistant nurse at the psyche ward and it's not funny.

(get away from CBC before you catch their disease)

PJ, you are stupid and you should thank people like Torts and yours truly for pointing it out.

Glen, as bizarre as it sounds, you come off as stupider than PJ (at least PJ doesn't try to sound smart).

Kevin, I'm starting to believe you really did follow a mugger to a better mugging spot.

Ron, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and conclude that at times you merely act stupid.

UPDATE: Last night ole PJ tried his feeble best to put all the blame for last night's shenanigans on Torts.

Topper Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:09 am wrote:A couple of years ago I read mention of PJ replacing Coach's Corner when Don is done. Seems PJ heard it as well and is doing his best at becoming a senile old man.

And then there's the clownish suits and the raspy voice...

Last edited by Strangelove on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Hockey Widow Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:57 am wrote:On PJ, well he blasted the Sabres for having Scott and the other 4th liners out against the Leafs Kessel line. Blamed the Sabres for gooning it up and called for suspensions there. He then blamed Carlyle for responding by putting the Kessel line out there. Said he never should have put his skilled players out there to risk injury and that Carlyle should have had his goons out in response. He then applauded Kessel's hack job saying he had a right to defend himself. He took the exact opposite view in this game tonight. Hartley could start whoever he wanted and it was up to Torts to respond by having his best players on the ice. The guy is a complete joke.

Yup, a complete joke with a major hate-on for John Tortorella.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:03 pm

He was embarrassing... To the panel to Canada and to himself.

Craptardola
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby sagebrush » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:07 pm

CBC now hangs on to Sportsnet's coat tails for national NHL broadcasts (beginning next season). CBC will host HNIC, while Sportsnet allows it. Sportsnet has the NHL national broadcast rights for Canada. TSN ... no longer a factor in Canadian national broadcasts for the NHL these days.

So we get a change of play by play personnel.

Sportsnet announced their main play by play guys for next year: Jim Hughson; Dave Randorf; Paul Romanuk; Bob Cole (will work HNIC in his unique way).

CBC hasn't announced their new play by play lineup yet, but since they're slotted to host HNIC, it's likely to include Bob Cole.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:44 pm

sagebrush wrote:CBC now hangs on to Sportsnet's coat tails for national NHL broadcasts (beginning next season). CBC will host HNIC, while Sportsnet allows it. Sportsnet has the NHL national broadcast rights for Canada. TSN ... no longer a factor in Canadian national broadcasts for the NHL these days.

So we get a change of play by play personnel.

Sportsnet announced their main play by play guys for next year: Jim Hughson; Dave Randorf; Paul Romanuk; Bob Cole (will work HNIC in his unique way).

CBC hasn't announced their new play by play lineup yet, but since they're slotted to host HNIC, it's likely to include Bob Cole.

duh, what about Mark Lee and Cassie Campbell? :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Someone needs to kill Bob Cole.

I thought there was a better chance of the Brown Knight completing a pullup than CBC bringing that doddering old buffoon back.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Someone needs to kill Bob Cole.

I thought there was a better chance of the Brown Knight completing a pullup than CBC bringing that doddering old buffoon back.

duh, I think the more important question is whether The Brown Knight will be given the opportunity to continue his play by play duties for HNIC? :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Betamax wrote:

duh, I think the more important question is whether The Brown Knight will be given the opportunity to continue his play by play duties for HNIC? :mex:

You mean Kevin Weekes?
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Betamax wrote:

You mean Kevin Weekes?

:mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Betamax wrote:

:lol:

I thought those fellas were Sikhs.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Betamax wrote:

:lol:

I thought those fellas were Sikhs.

duh, just a different shade of brown .... :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby nuckster » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Having a lack of hockey to talk about in the off-season is one thing, but this has digressed to another level of tastelessness. Come on guys, you can do better.
cc oldtimer
nuckster
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby sagebrush » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:27 pm

nuckster wrote:Having a lack of hockey to talk about in the off-season is one thing, but this has digressed to another level of tastelessness. Come on guys, you can do better.

Quite right.
Punjabi HNIC is focusing on Calgary, & giving away a stinkin Flames jersey. :stupid:
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:41 am

nuckster wrote:Having a lack of hockey to talk about in the off-season is one thing, but this has digressed to another level of tastelessness. Come on guys, you can do better.

Are u mad bro ?

What say you ?
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Postby Canuck-One » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:27 pm

I don't care which channel has HNIC, just get rid of Cherry and his psychic monkey.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat