Page 8 of 13

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 am
by Uncle dans leg
It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 am
by Arachnid
Uncle dans leg wrote:It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.
Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.

Just ignore them and focus on the Cup™ :)

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 am
by Uncle dans leg
Arachnid wrote:
You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.
:?:
This isn't my crusade...I just chirped in with my expert analysis.

Don't be so bitter...you live in Leaf-ville, you have a velvet leafblower uniform, come out of the closet already

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 am
by The Brown Knight
Arachnid wrote:Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?
I'd completely agree with this line of thought if it wasn't for the fact that CBC's opinion has a significant influence on Canadian hockey fans.

If CBC promotes the idea of Vancouver being "the most hated team in the league" (when in actuality, it's Alberta, Toronto, and a few key rivals such as Chicago and Boston that feels this way), then it hurts our perception, image, brand, etc.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 pm
by Strangelove
Arachnid wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.
Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.

Just ignore them and focus on the Cup™ :)
Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

viewtopic.php?p=91316#p91316
Arachnid on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am wrote:
Funny enough, I have hated the Leafs for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the Leafs to be a good team again
Like I say, Cherry and MacLean didn't start out as Leaf-lovers either. :look:

Anyhoo, back on topic, I must say The Brown Knight has done a stellar job in this debate. Image

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm
by BigTuna
Well, Burke did do a great job building the Leafs.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 pm
by BigTuna
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bullshit CBC was pro Canucks . Maclean, Cherry, Healy and Stock all despise the team . Friedman is the only one there who doesn't hate the Canucks
By that token, they hate the Leafs then. Have you listen to what is said about the Leafs? Look beyond Cherry giving Kadri a kiss.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm
by BigTuna
The Brown Knight wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?
I'd completely agree with this line of thought if it wasn't for the fact that CBC's opinion has a significant influence on Canadian hockey fans.

If CBC promotes the idea of Vancouver being "the most hated team in the league" (when in actuality, it's Alberta, Toronto, and a few key rivals such as Chicago and Boston), then it hurts our perception, image, brand, etc.
The Toronto media promoted Quinn's Leafs as the dirtiest/cheapest team in the NHl and it sure didn't hurt their brand.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 pm
by Uncle dans leg
Strangelove wrote:
Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

viewtopic.php?p=91316#p91316
Arachnid on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am wrote:
Funny enough, I have hated the Leafs for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the Leafs to be a good team again
Oh man Spidey....where do we begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 am
by sagebrush
Healy was at it again last night on HNIC. In the first intermission he provided some explanation why the Leafs were having a tough time against the Canucks (4-0 whitewash). They weren't used to playing at 4PM. :)
Image

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm
by Arachnid
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

viewtopic.php?p=91316#p91316
Arachnid on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am wrote:
Funny enough, I have hated the Leafs for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the Leafs to be a good team again
Oh man Spidey....where do we begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now BB is gone and it's safe to hate them again...maybe I might like the young born-again Flames in the future with the 1st in 2015 :D

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:01 pm
by sagebrush
CBC is making a big deal about the Leafs-Bruins game tonight. Website, TV, etc, ad nauseam...

Remember when CBC passed on the first Canucks - Bruins game after the 2011 SCF ?

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm
by Tciso
BigTuna wrote: You guys claim they love the Leafs. Do you listen to them? They bash the team constantly. Yet you think their deep-throating of your team was hate. I don't get it.
They point out the really obvious crap about the Leaves, but on the whole, they are pumping Blue sunshine 24/7.

And Leaf fans don't hate the Canucks. It's the other way around. It's stricktly a one-sided feud.[/quote]

Only because the leave fans are in the center of the universe, and barely admit that there are 29 other teams in the league.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 pm
by Benjo


I appreciate the effort Healy but this made no goddamn sense.

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:21 pm
by Strangelove
Benjo wrote: I appreciate the effort Healy but this made no goddamn sense.
Yup, he sounds like a 14-year-old girl who is hot for boys from Ontario.

Perhaps Mr Cherry can translate all this gobbledygook for us. :drink: