HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fully agree. Vlad Konstantinov was a tough swede?

Romanyuck looked pretty rough. Unshaven, red eyes, crackling voice...somebody came home and is wondering who left the toilet seat up
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Did anyone catch Ron on Coaches Corner? He is not a happy man. :mrgreen:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BurningBeard wrote:Did anyone catch Ron on Coaches Corner? He is not a happy man. :mrgreen:
No - what did he say?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Reefer2 wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:Did anyone catch Ron on Coaches Corner? He is not a happy man. :mrgreen:
No - what did he say?
I forget exactly what was said, and I deleted my recording, but Cherry opened the segment saying something like "this is what it's like when they're playing you off" and Ron said something like "at least for you they're still playing".

He barely said a word during the whole segment and looked like he was dead inside.

Edit (thank Bingo for the link):

Don: "This is what you call phasing a guy out."
Ron: "At least you're still in the phasing part."

And then Ron spends the entire segment staring at Don. What a weird, uncomfortable segment.
Last edited by BurningBeard on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All I saw was Cherry blasting the leaves for their shitting drafting, noting the two time recent champs LA Kings drafting all our Canadian players, thanks to Michael Futa.

Speaking of the draft, I can see Connor McDavid with the Flames, which I'd be ok with as long as we win the Cup before they win their 2nd. ha.

I'm just tired of American teams getting all the Canadian generational talents.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

BurningBeard wrote: Ron said something like "at least for you they're still playing".

He barely said a word during the whole segment and looked like he was dead inside.
All that weaseling finally came back to haunt him.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Aw poor Ron. It's called just rewards for all his weaseling and snivelling pro-laughs attitude over the years.

Couldn't happen to a better guy. I'm sure Alex Burrows has a huge smile on his face watching Mcclean go down the flusher.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

From my GDT post
Did Mike Johnson really praise Taylor Hall for the retaliatory knee he threw at Hamhuis?

Is there anything funnier that Damien Cox and his 1960's Star Trek computer attempting to explain Henrik Sedin's offensive zone start statistics two thirds of the way through the second game of the season?

Get Nick Kypreos a glass of milk or send him to the bell tower.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

That Star Trek computer has to go.
The only HW the Canucks need
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I cannot say the words that will adequately express how utterly ecstatic I am, that Ron "the psychic" McLean is done like a two day old dog turd. He was such an asshole when Auger went after Burrows. I strongly dislike him and his organ grinder Don "the clown" Cherry. These two were the reason I didn't watch HNIC unless the Canucks were playing. Even then I left the room between periods.

Having said all of that, I have to say Romaniuk and Johnson aren't the pair I would have picked to do Canucks games. If these are regional games please give us Shorty and Garrett. Johnson says such stupid things that I feel embarrassed for him.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Canuck-One wrote:Having said all of that, I have to say Romaniuk and Johnson aren't the pair I would have picked to do Canucks games. If these are regional games please give us Shorty and Garrett. Johnson says such stupid things that I feel embarrassed for him.
I'm pretty sure we do get Shorty for regional games and Romaniuk is only being used for national broadcasts.

Although, given his history with the area, I'm surprised the didn't give national play-by-play for Vancouver games to Dave Randorf.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

BurningBeard wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
No - what did he say?
I forget exactly what was said, and I deleted my recording, but Cherry opened the segment saying something like "this is what it's like when they're playing you off" and Ron said something like "at least for you they're still playing".

You can find the current vid here. He says something "at least you're in the phasing" to which Don says "yeah yeah, you're phased out."

Then he spends the next few minutes saying how stupid the leaves are.

Ha!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is that the first we have seen that side of Ron's face?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote:

Don: "Yeah, yeah, you’re phased out."

Then Don rants for 5 minutes about how their are too many "foreigners" on the Leaves.

(mostly he's pissed about the Leaves drafting Nylander)

Rotten Ronnie compares Nylander to Kopitar (LOL) but is otherwise silent until the ending, looking at camera:

“Brendan, I’m sure it dawned on you, you can con a lot of folks but... without the Can-Con ‘Don on you’ will have a whole different meaning.”

(Can-Con = Canadian Content)

Put the intro and the ending spiels together and it translates as:

“It’s all about me ME ME, my sad fate, and my lame-ass attempts to sound witty”

It's like watching a mortally wounded animal (weasel) die a slow agonizing death. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

BurningBeard wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
No - what did he say?

Edit (thank Bingo for the link):

And then Ron spends the entire segment staring at Don. What a weird, uncomfortable segment.
What a tired act. It was tired and played out by the mid-1990s. Hopefully, Rogers puts the old fool and his bag man out to pasture soon.