HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake join Rogers' NHL broadcast team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/elliotte-friedm ... cast-team/

I think Friedman was one of the best personalities on HNIC. Although, it's not hard to look good when you're on a panel full of man-children, air-guitar referees and scatter-brained former goalies.
So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

I also wonder if they are still making a play for Ray Ferraro to be the no. 1 or 2 colour guy or he signed an extension with TSN. :mex:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... story.html

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple leaves regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: So far, they haven't announced how many ex-NHLers that were part of the CBC will join the new HNIC panel.

"Both Ray Ferraro and Farhan Lalji are staying put with TSN and not jumping to Rogers Sportsnet. Ferraro has a contract extension in the works to be a part of the Toronto Maple leaves regional TSN television package and Farhan is happy with the network making an even bigger push into football with NFL, CFL and NCAA coverage."
Uh, that's too bad. Ray is probaby 1 or 1a when it comes to NHL colour commenters ... along with (Regis) Pierre McGuire, of course! But at least Ray will still do his regular spots on TEAM Radio ..... :D

p.s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is an "out" clause for Ray to leave after a year ... I mean, it states, "to be a part of the Toronto Maple leaves regional TSN television package" ......

Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of leaves games?

Exactly. 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of leaves games?
Hmmm hard to say, Ray... and Pierre... are strange animals.

(Ray is a you-know-wot and Pierre is a turtle)
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Uh, that's too bad. Ray is probaby 1 or 1a when it comes to NHL colour commenters ... along with (Regis) Pierre McGuire, of course! But at least Ray will still do his regular spots on TEAM Radio ..... :D

p.s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is an "out" clause for Ray to leave after a year ... I mean, it states, "to be a part of the Toronto Maple leaves regional TSN television package" ......

Now I think the question needs to be asked, could Ray stomach and last more than a season watching and commentating on a diet of leaves games?

Exactly. 8-)
No chance, Ray is at best a 1b on a network w/ a bad TV-deal, if he was w/ the big boys he'd be a 2C tops. He'd never lead Rogers in commentary.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Its just a damn shame its all over.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e20929813/

Ron MacLean has been frozen out of the new version of Hockey Night In Canada. Literally.

While George Stroumboulopoulos will sit in the studio chair and take the starring role that once was his – ringmaster of the most popular show on Canadian television – MacLean will be looking in from the outside on Sunday nights.

As for MacLean, he will now work well into Saturday night on Coach’s Corner, then either jump on a red-eye flight or an early morning one to get to small towns across the country by Sunday afternoon. He also lost a strong behind-the-scenes influence on Hockey Night, one MacLean always protested he did not have even as his co-workers insisted otherwise.

LOFL @ MacLean playing the martyr!!

"It's because I am a man of principle that this happened to me!" Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e20929813/

Ron MacLean has been frozen out of the new version of Hockey Night In Canada. Literally.

While George Stroumboulopoulos will sit in the studio chair and take the starring role that once was his – ringmaster of the most popular show on Canadian television – MacLean will be looking in from the outside on Sunday nights.

As for MacLean, he will now work well into Saturday night on Coach’s Corner, then either jump on a red-eye flight or an early morning one to get to small towns across the country by Sunday afternoon. He also lost a strong behind-the-scenes influence on Hockey Night, one MacLean always protested he did not have even as his co-workers insisted otherwise.

LOFL @ MacLean playing the martyr!!

"It's because I am a man of principle that this happened to me!" Image

Won't miss him. Enjoy the Tim's in Small town Canada Ron.
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

MacLean will be looking in from the outside on Sunday nights. And even he admits his fractious relationship with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, which saw Bettman boycott Hockey Night after one particularly contentious interview in 2010, might have something to do with it.
Buttman did something right.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Yet, even if Buttman is right, I hate him so heavy that I would <chokes to say> Cheer for Ronnie on this...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

my potential wifey Andi Petrillo moved to nhlnetwork. :cry:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Hmmmm, I wonder if the "contentious" interview was the one where Ronnie boy was assassinating Burrows on T.V. Over the auger incident And buttman was looking REALLY uncomfortable. Wasn't that around that time frame??
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I was hoping Rogers would poach at least some talent from TSN. As it stands their intermission panels are basically garbage. I really enjoyed the Hotstove on Saturdays to get decent news from around the league, I hope that hasn't been replaced by clips of what Burrows did over the summer or Kypreos trying to discover the point he's trying to make.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Benjo wrote:Kypreos trying to discover the point he's trying to make.
I'm pretty sure this is Kypreos, finding the point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... fLGoU#t=21
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What northern Manitoba Indian Reserve team were Paul Romanuk and Mike Johnson announcing for before Rogers found them?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.