HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Hockey Widow »

So daddy Acton was upset his little boy fought, and fought that goon Kesler to boot! He should be happy it was Kesler and should have been thanking him.

Healy really did come off with sour grapes. I don't know what his problem is with all things Canuck but it is getting tiresome. Good on Friedman for calling him on his BS. Best part was when he told Healy to stop acting like a 14 year old girl!

Funny they didn't call Roy out for his crap.
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Hockey Widow wrote:...Healy really did come off with sour grapes. I don't know what his problem is with all things Canuck but it is getting tiresome. Good on Friedman for calling him on his BS. Best part was when he told Healy to stop acting like a 14 year old girl! ....
Healy wasn't too happy about that. :thumbs:

Some of the HNIC 'analysts' seem to think Canuck bashing is an easy way to curry favour with the fans of rival Canadian clubs (especially, at the centre of the universe). If it weren't for the backlash from the Canuck organization against MacLean, he might still be at it.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

sagebrush wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:...Healy really did come off with sour grapes. I don't know what his problem is with all things Canuck but it is getting tiresome. Good on Friedman for calling him on his BS. Best part was when he told Healy to stop acting like a 14 year old girl! ....
Healy wasn't too happy about that. :thumbs:

Some of the HNIC 'analysts' seem to think Canuck bashing is an easy way to curry favour with the fans of rival Canadian clubs (especially, at the centre of the universe). If it weren't for the backlash from the Canuck organization against MacLean, he might still be at it.
Look at that grimace! Sort of like him staring down the coach right before he gets yanked for the 843rd time in his "career"
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Weekes looks so smug he must have found his wallet.

Healy, trying to become CBC's Brooks with the only bad publicity is no publicity.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

i tried to find the actual CBC feed online where they go on about this but i cannot find it.

Anyone with a link?
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Reefer2 wrote:i tried to find the actual CBC feed online where they go on about this but i cannot find it.

Anyone with a link?
Ask and you shall receive. Cuts out just after the Friedman slam though.

Edit:another take that's much better.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BingoTough wrote: Edit:another take that's much better.

Transcript:

PJ Stock:

“I like a lot of the stuff that he [Torts] says, but the tone that he says it in makes it sound like everyone else is… stupid! ... and that just an… in a business in Montreal… Canada… sss… we’re all media, we love our hockey game… we’re all… we all give opinions. We might be right, we might be wrong, but all try and… go in the same direction…. we don’t… it’s just… it’s tone…. (searches for the right words)...”

Healy comes to his rescue:

“You’re paid for an opinion.”

PJ Stock:

“Yeah”

Healy:

“You’re paid for an opinion…”

(turns and looks directly at Friedman, causing Weekes to h'yuk like a hillbilly for some reason)

“… not to be candy striper at the hospital.”

(MacLean and Weekes chuckle for a second and then stop with confused looks on their faces)

Friedman:

“I don’t get what that means.” (for starters, candy stripers don't get paid...)

Elliotte, I believe it means you're like a volunteer assistant nurse at the psyche ward and it's not funny.

(get away from CBC before you catch their disease)

PJ, you are stupid and you should thank people like Torts and yours truly for pointing it out.

Glen, as bizarre as it sounds, you come off as stupider than PJ (at least PJ doesn't try to sound smart).

Kevin, I'm starting to believe you really did follow a mugger to a better mugging spot.

Ron, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and conclude that at times you merely act stupid.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This is an example of Torts coming to Vancouver with a reputation. A reputation earned on the back of several confrontations with one media dork in NY. And as media are want to do they would play the same clips over and over and over to the point that it appeared that that was the totality of Tort's ability to deal with the press.

That same media is now wanting to re-creat that controversy and so they jump at any little thing and blow it up. They created the Torts image and they want to continue to flog that horse. Not giving Torts a pass here as he dug the hole for himself but enough is enough. He has owned his past and has stated he knows he needs to walk that line and not engage the media they way he did in NY. But it is over blown hype. Never saw this when he was in Tampa did we?

HNIC was trying to create controversy where none existed. I think Healy still has a connection to NY and he was spouting off for personal reasons as he hates Torts so he will grab at anything to slag the guy.

And ya, McLean is coming off as a Canuck apologist. Love that part, seeing him go out of his way to say something positive about Vancouver.
The only HW the Canucks need
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hockey Widow wrote:And ya, McLean is coming off as a Canuck apologist. Love that part, seeing him go out of his way to say something positive about Vancouver.
I agree with everything you said except for this particular comment.

There is more than meets the eye with McLean IMO, and he still "gets off" in seeing bad things happen to Vancouver.

He was the one that asked Glen Healy for his thoughts after the Tortorella clip was showed. McLean didnt seem to really mind what Healy said either.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:And ya, McLean is coming off as a Canuck apologist. Love that part, seeing him go out of his way to say something positive about Vancouver.

There is more than meets the eye with McLean IMO, and he still "gets off" in seeing bad things happen to Vancouver.

He was the one that asked Glen Healy for his thoughts after the Tortorella clip was showed. McLean didnt seem to really mind what Healy said either.
Agreed.

Politician MacLean is trying to play the role of 'Canuck apologist' but his Canuck-hatred shines on through.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:

Agreed.

Politician MacLean is trying to play the role of 'Canuck apologist' but his Canuck-hatred shines on through.
My thoughts exactly.

I first noticed this during the 2011 finals during the Game 6 intermission. McLean, with an arrogant smirk, looked at Messier and said, "Vancouver is trying to make Ryan Kesler their Mark Messier" (or something to that effect......the way he said it though, it was obvious that he was speaking in a condescending manner).

The other time was when the Canucks were playing Ottawa in 2012 and McLean buried Alex Burrows during Coach's Corner (Cherry called him out on it as well!). A week later, McLean "apologized" on the broadcast, but in an indirect way, tried to imply that him and Cherry were just joking around and that Vancouver fans were uptight and serious.

I'll give McLean some credit though......the guy is as shrewd as they come. He dislikes Vancouver, but he attacks the city quite well.

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: I'll give McLean some credit though......the guy is as shrewd as they come. He dislikes Vancouver, but he attacks the city quite well.
Agreed, give the devil his due.

Although he's not so shrewd whenst feasting upon the Leafcock. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: I'll give McLean some credit though......the guy is as shrewd as they come. He dislikes Vancouver, but he attacks the city quite well.
Agreed, give the devil his due.

Although he's not so shrewd whenst feasting upon the Leafcock. Image
Yep.

Speaking of which, I want to go on record as saying that I don't think Don Cherry is pro-Canada. In my opinion, he's simply anti-foreigner and this gives him the guise of being Pro-Canadian ( maybe it's not as extreme as I'm making it out to be, but I do think Cherry's dislike of foreigners outweighs his love of what he perceives as Canadians).

The litmus test for me, is how Cherry views French Canadians.

Cherry loves Toronto, strongly likes Boston, and pretty much dislikes anything and everything else that gets in the way of the leaves and Bruins.

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Agreed with all of that BK.

But neither Cherry nor MacLean loved the Leaves until they ended up at the centre of the universe.

They are victims of "Stockholm syndrome" (aka "prison bitches").

I think they hate the Canucks simply because they know Leaf fans tend to hate the Canucks.

It all comes back to the stinky old Leafcock.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:Agreed with all of that BK.

But neither Cherry nor MacLean loved the Leaves until they ended up at the centre of the universe.

They are victims of "Stockholm syndrome" (aka "prison bitches").

I think they hate the Canucks simply because they know Leaf fans tend to hate the Canucks.

It all comes back to the stinky old Leafcock.
True, but I also get a sense that they dislike Vancouver more than any other Canadian city.

Like if Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, and even Montreal went up against us, they'd be cheering them on as they did with Boston. Just a gut feeling.

The Dark Indian Rises