HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Arachnid wrote:
You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.
:?:
This isn't my crusade...I just chirped in with my expert analysis.

Don't be so bitter...you live in Leaf-ville, you have a velvet leafblower uniform, come out of the closet already
If you need air...call it in
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Arachnid wrote:Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?
I'd completely agree with this line of thought if it wasn't for the fact that CBC's opinion has a significant influence on Canadian hockey fans.

If CBC promotes the idea of Vancouver being "the most hated team in the league" (when in actuality, it's Alberta, Toronto, and a few key rivals such as Chicago and Boston that feels this way), then it hurts our perception, image, brand, etc.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.
Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.

Just ignore them and focus on the Cup™ :)
Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

viewtopic.php?p=91316#p91316
Arachnid on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am wrote:
Funny enough, I have hated the leaves for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the leaves to be a good team again
Like I say, Cherry and MacLean didn't start out as Leaf-lovers either. :look:

Anyhoo, back on topic, I must say The Brown Knight has done a stellar job in this debate. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Well, Burke did do a great job building the leaves.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bullshit CBC was pro Canucks . Maclean, Cherry, Healy and Stock all despise the team . Friedman is the only one there who doesn't hate the Canucks
By that token, they hate the leaves then. Have you listen to what is said about the leaves? Look beyond Cherry giving Kadri a kiss.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?
I'd completely agree with this line of thought if it wasn't for the fact that CBC's opinion has a significant influence on Canadian hockey fans.

If CBC promotes the idea of Vancouver being "the most hated team in the league" (when in actuality, it's Alberta, Toronto, and a few key rivals such as Chicago and Boston), then it hurts our perception, image, brand, etc.
The Toronto media promoted Quinn's leaves as the dirtiest/cheapest team in the NHl and it sure didn't hurt their brand.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

Funny enough, I have hated the leaves for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the leaves to be a good team again
Oh man Spidey....where do we begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you need air...call it in
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Healy was at it again last night on HNIC. In the first intermission he provided some explanation why the leaves were having a tough time against the Canucks (4-0 whitewash). They weren't used to playing at 4PM. :)
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Case in point:

Oh man Spidey....where do we begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now BB is gone and it's safe to hate them again...maybe I might like the young born-again Flames in the future with the 1st in 2015 :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

CBC is making a big deal about the leaves-Bruins game tonight. Website, TV, etc, ad nauseam...

Remember when CBC passed on the first Canucks - Bruins game after the 2011 SCF ?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

BigTuna wrote: You guys claim they love the leaves. Do you listen to them? They bash the team constantly. Yet you think their deep-throating of your team was hate. I don't get it.
They point out the really obvious crap about the Leaves, but on the whole, they are pumping Blue sunshine 24/7.

And Leaf fans don't hate the Canucks. It's the other way around. It's stricktly a one-sided feud.[/quote]

Only because the leave fans are in the center of the universe, and barely admit that there are 29 other teams in the league.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I appreciate the effort Healy but this made no goddamn sense.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benjo wrote: I appreciate the effort Healy but this made no goddamn sense.
Yup, he sounds like a 14-year-old girl who is hot for boys from Ontario.

Perhaps Mr Cherry can translate all this gobbledygook for us. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove [color=#000080]Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 pm[/color] wrote:
BingoTough wrote: Edit:another take that's much better.

Transcript:

PJ Stock:

“I like a lot of the stuff that he [Torts] says, but the tone that he says it in makes it sound like everyone else is… stupid! ... and that just an… in a business in Montreal… Canada… sss… we’re all media, we love our hockey game… we’re all… we all give opinions. We might be right, we might be wrong, but all try and… go in the same direction…. we don’t… it’s just… it’s tone…. (searches for the right words)...”

Healy comes to his rescue:

“You’re paid for an opinion.”

PJ Stock:

“Yeah”

Healy:

“You’re paid for an opinion…”

(turns and looks directly at Friedman, causing Weekes to h'yuk like a hillbilly for some reason)

“… not to be candy striper at the hospital.”

(MacLean and Weekes chuckle for a second and then stop with confused looks on their faces)

Friedman:

“I don’t get what that means.” (for starters, candy stripers don't get paid...)

Elliotte, I believe it means you're like a volunteer assistant nurse at the psyche ward and it's not funny.

(get away from CBC before you catch their disease)

PJ, you are stupid and you should thank people like Torts and yours truly for pointing it out.

Glen, as bizarre as it sounds, you come off as stupider than PJ (at least PJ doesn't try to sound smart).

Kevin, I'm starting to believe you really did follow a mugger to a better mugging spot.

Ron, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and conclude that at times you merely act stupid.

UPDATE: Last night ole PJ tried his feeble best to put all the blame for last night's shenanigans on Torts.
Topper [color=#FF0000]Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:09 am[/color] wrote: A couple of years ago I read mention of PJ replacing Coach's Corner when Don is done. Seems PJ heard it as well and is doing his best at becoming a senile old man.
And then there's the clownish suits and the raspy voice...

Last edited by Strangelove on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow [color=#FF0000]Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:57 am[/color] wrote: On PJ, well he blasted the Sabres for having Scott and the other 4th liners out against the leaves Kessel line. Blamed the Sabres for gooning it up and called for suspensions there. He then blamed Carlyle for responding by putting the Kessel line out there. Said he never should have put his skilled players out there to risk injury and that Carlyle should have had his goons out in response. He then applauded Kessel's hack job saying he had a right to defend himself. He took the exact opposite view in this game tonight. Hartley could start whoever he wanted and it was up to Torts to respond by having his best players on the ice. The guy is a complete joke.
Yup, a complete joke with a major hate-on for John Tortorella.
____
Try to focus on someday.