Heritage Classic Thread (March 2, 2014 vs Ottawa)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Heritage Classic Thread (March 2, 2014 vs Ottawa)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I guess I'm the only one who thinks havinga hockey game in that shitty, greasy bubble is a bad idea. :scowl:

I think it sucks too Blob!
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

It's a money grab.

The refs manage games to maintain interest in the play.

The NHL manages events to wring the most income from the little weenies called fans.

This view may be considered cynical, or realistic, based upon the history of Bettman, the NHL & it's officials. :scowl:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BurningBeard wrote:
Cornuck wrote:If it's cheap enough for a dad to take his kids to their first NHL game, then it will have some use.

If the team is smart, they'll create a 'hockey carnival' atmosphere and give the fans something to get excited about, because the game isn't going to be that good.
Are you joking? The cheapest seat for the 2011 Heritage Classic in Calgary was $100. Hopefully there will be a 'hockey carnival' atmosphere as you've said, and something for families to do outside the stadium for cheap, because no family is going to be able to afford seats.
That's calgary they got nothing better to do in the winter anyway. They will have to give away tickets to fill lower seats where you cant see shit. bet they paper the place by the school bus load and play road hockey too.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Pineapple Express daiquiris.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What a great opportunity for the fans to send a message. Don't buy tickets, well other than those that hold seasons tickets and will be required to purchase these tickets, if not included in the seasons ticket price already.

If the fans stay away it will be a huge embarrassment to not only the Canucks but the NHL. The City that put on the best yet winter Olympics boycotts the so called NHL Classic. Let the water boy know how you feel about the direction of the team, let the NHL know how you feel about the lockout, just don't go!
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:What a great opportunity for the fans to send a message. Don't buy tickets, well other than those that hold seasons tickets and will be required to purchase these tickets, if not included in the seasons ticket price already.

If the fans stay away it will be a huge embarrassment to not only the Canucks but the NHL. The City that put on the best yet winter Olympics boycotts the so called NHL Classic. Let the water boy know how you feel about the direction of the team, let the NHL know how you feel about the lockout, just don't go!
If the tickets aren't already included in the season ticket holder's package, why would they have to purchase them? Couldn't they just decline like playoff tickets?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

It'll be sold out.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:It'll be sold out.
Sheeple..... :shock:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Everyone's so goddamn emo here.

Take it for what it is and move on. Everything you buy is a result of an advertising gimmick... whats so wrong about hosting a giant hockey venue (even if its a total failure)? Thats not on Vancouver, thats on the league being stupid enough to book an "outdoor" game in this climate.

Historical averages give March 2nd's "likely" weather as a 9 degree, rainy day. Who the F banks on that? OH right...
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Yawn. What "heritage" is being celebrated? What a pointless stupid idea.

IF...the game was at outdoors, at Whistler in January then it would be something to get excited about.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

sagebrush wrote:It's a money grab.

This view may be considered cynical, or realistic, based upon the history of Bettman, the NHL & it's officials. :scowl:
I really don't think it's cynical. It's an outdoor event that makes the NHL a lot of money. If it wasn't making the NHL money, they wouldn't be doing it, and I really don't have a problem with that. That said, unless they're giving away tickets, seeing a game in BC Place doesn't appeal to me. In fact, seeing a game at McMahon or Michigan Stadium appeals to me even less. I have no desire to freeze my ass off. I think it'll be a fun event to watch on TV though.

The 2011 Heritage Classic made more money for the NHL through sponsorship then any other outdoor event, including the Winter Classic. So if they're making that much money, you can bet they're going to try to expand it. They'd be stupid not too. Eventually the idea will loose it's appeal, until then, why would you stop milking the cow?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

ORCA wrote:Everyone's so goddamn emo here.
Indeed. They'll fill the place up with casual fans and kids. Those folks will have a good time. They'll have lot's of additional entertainment going on. Almost like a mini all-star weekend. Lighten up everyone. You are perfectly welcome not to attend, but no reason to be bitter and angst ridden about it.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I think it’s kind of cool. I may or may not go depending on ticket prices.

BC Place is actually pretty nice now, and I think it’ll be fun to see the Canucks play in such a big venue with 60k fans. You’ll be able to actually see the action on the giant video screen and the atmosphere will be cool for sure.

It’s a money grab? Well no shit Sherlock this isn’t Soviet Russia.

So we can’t have an outdoor game because southern British Columbia isn’t the frozen tundra like the rest of the country…that sounds like a positive thing to me!

*Puts flame retardant suit on.*
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

And there will be a 783rd version of the jersey for the faithful to snap up at the concession stands. Probably priced the same as two beer. $500.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Tickets are NOT a part of the seasons package and a credit will be given to holders for the missed game.

Seasons holders have an option to buy for the game from the front of the line.
DeLevering since 1999.