The Future

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: The Future

Post by Rumsfeld »

And I say I'd take Kovalchuk over Daniel Sedin in the SCF any day of the week!

:D
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
dbr wrote:Don't worry buddy I am here to help:
Mëds wrote:...

[Kovalchuk is] loaded with talent, but nobody who claims to have watched the SCF this year can say he actually put in more than a token effort. If I'm a guy like Parise I'm looking at how long this guy is signed in Jersey and thinking, that's a helluvalot of years to have to play next to a guy who makes HUGE money but doesn't seem to care on the ice when the chips are down and you have to dig deep. Zubrus can be lumped in with Kovalchuk too. I know that I'd be looking anywhere other than the Devils after playing 4 rounds on a team that is so financially committed to a lazy Russian.

dbr wrote:Not to undermine your "lazy Russian" narrative but I am pretty sure Kovalchuk played through a herniated disk..
Mëds wrote:
I'm often amazed at how much people remember about who said what and when on this site.....
Some people don't have a life out side of these boards if you can believe that :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:And I say I'd take Kovalchuk over Daniel Sedin in the SCF any day of the week!

Kovalchuk: 1 point in 6 games.

Daniel: 4 points in 7 games.

But it's not fair to compare when they are playing different teams. So let's look at their stats against just the Kings.

Daniel: 2 points in 2 games.

Good call Rummy.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote: I'm often amazed at how much people remember about who said what and when on this site.....
Some people don't have a life out side of these boards if you can believe that :lol:
Oh I have to call bullshit on that Spidey..... :lol:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Mëds wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:And I say I'd take Kovalchuk over Daniel Sedin in the SCF any day of the week!

Daniel: 4 points in 7 games.

But it's not fair to compare when they are playing different teams. So let's look at their stats against just the Kings.

Daniel: 2 points in 2 games.

Good call Rummy.
First of all my post was tongue-in-cheek.See the smiley?

Secondly, your Final stats are pretty pointless since Dave just explained to you that Kovalchuk was badly injured against the Kings. Daniel and Kovy's stats from their respective Stanley Cup runs are almost identical.

Thirdly, Kovy is simply a more talented, dynamic player than Daniel Sedin and a much more prolific goal scorer. You might recall we had some trouble scoring goals in the SCF. The Bruins wouldn't have been so carefree putting us on the PP with that laser of his.

Also (and most importantly dontchaknow), he has never been speedbagged by a midget in a SCF game where earning a PP accomplished nothing. :mrgreen:

Neither guy would be among my first choices when putting together a SCF-winning first line... but Kovy would definitely come before Danny.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uh huh.

Good call Rummy.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Neither guy would be among my first choices when putting together a SCF-winning first line... but Kovy would definitely come before Danny.
Unfortunately, Kovy just bolted for money instead of helping his team. Instead of talent, Kovy might be a bit ahead of Danny. However, in terms of helping the team, Kovy did not do much except freeing up some cap space... :(
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: First of all my post was tongue-in-cheek.See the smiley?

Secondly, your Final stats are pretty pointless since Dave just explained to you that Kovalchuk was badly injured against the Kings. Daniel and Kovy's stats from their respective Stanley Cup runs are almost identical.

Thirdly, Kovy is simply a more talented, dynamic player than Daniel Sedin and a much more prolific goal scorer. You might recall we had some trouble scoring goals in the SCF. The Bruins wouldn't have been so carefree putting us on the PP with that laser of his.

Also Fourthly (and most importantly dontchaknow), he has never been speedbagged by a midget in a SCF game where earning a PP accomplished nothing. :mrgreen:
FYP.

But does Kovalchuk have a burning desire to win the Cup and a clone linemate who communicates telepathically.

:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote: I'm often amazed at how much people remember about who said what and when on this site.....
Hmmmm....
Arachnid on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm wrote: Apparently, I don't have a life :blush:

Oh well, better than not having a wife :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=130750#p130750

:mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doc funny....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hmmmm....
Arachnid on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm wrote: Apparently, I don't have a life :blush:

Oh well, better than not having a wife :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=130750#p130750

:mex:
I rest my case Mëds :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Rumsfeld said :
First of all my post was tongue-in-cheek.See the smiley?

Except the +/- Kovy over Daniel by a long shot .
Hell the Bruins scored short handed against the Sedins.. no fear of our PP at all !
Also (and most importantly dontchaknow), he has never been speedbagged by a midget in a SCF game where earning a PP accomplished nothing. :mrgreen:
First time I was really pissed at being a Canucks fan and the end of my liking the Sedins'..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Tiger wrote: First time I was really pissed at being a Canucks fan
Oh come on. Tiger, I know you're a long-time Canucks fan. How could that have been the first time you were pissed at being a Canucks fan?

How about Bertuzzi-Moore? Lidstrom goal? Linden trade? Messier signing? Game 7 1994?

That's not even including the stories I chose to disbelieve like Burrows hair-pulling, finger-chomping, 7uongo...

Oh yeah, and 41 years (and counting!) of not being able to stick a Cup banner up the ass of every smarmy leaves fan...

No, I think Daniel getting punched is pretty low on the list of rage-inducing moments in Canucks fandom :evil:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ESQ wrote:
Tiger wrote: First time I was really pissed at being a Canucks fan
Oh come on. Tiger, I know you're a long-time Canucks fan. How could that have been the first time you were pissed at being a Canucks fan?

How about Bertuzzi-Moore? Lidstrom goal? Linden trade? Messier signing? Game 7 1994?

That's not even including the stories I chose to disbelieve like Burrows hair-pulling, finger-chomping, 7uongo...

Oh yeah, and 41 years (and counting!) of not being able to stick a Cup banner up the ass of every smarmy leaves fan...

No, I think Daniel getting punched is pretty low on the list of rage-inducing moments in Canucks fandom :evil:
Ya know you might have a thread here...
All time fucked off Canuck moment:

For me it's the Bure trade, hands down
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Pissed is the wrong word. I'd have to say the speedbagging episode was the most embarrassing moment as a Canucks fan.