The Future

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The Future

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:15 pm

I think for me it was when I learned that Steve Moore was going to be OK.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: The Future

Postby Topper » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm

11 vs II was the most embarrassing moment
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Future

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 am

Naslund's "we choked" and then Cloutier making the '03 Wild look like the '84 Oilers. We really had a chance that year.

A year later, tying up game 7 against the Flames and then watching Gelinas win it seconds into OT. To rub in some salt we got to watch Calgary bumper-ski their way to one of the flukiest Final runs ever.

Luongo channeling Cloutier against the Hawks in '09. We had a decent chance that year as well. Mitchell tossing it right to Havlat when we were a couple minutes from going up 3 games to 1.

So many humdingers.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: The Future

Postby Cornuck » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 am

It this thread title "The Future" or "The Past"? :?
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: The Future

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:51 am

Cornuck wrote:It this thread title "The Future" or "The Past"? :?


It keeps repeating itself....

Much like Royaldude after a loss.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: The Future

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 am

Topper wrote:11 vs II was the most embarrassing moment


Really? For you I figured it would be #16 getting raised to the rafters.

Now back on topic people, Jesus...
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: The Future

Postby Topper » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 pm

12 was even worse than 16
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Future

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:29 pm

When are they gonna retire Bobby Manno's #?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4560
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Future

Postby Reefer2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 am

Rumsfeld wrote:
Cornuck wrote:It this thread title "The Future" or "The Past"? :?


It keeps repeating itself....

Much like Royaldude after a loss.


Gawd Rummy, that was funny, good thing I didn't have any coffee in my mouth or daddy would need a new computer. Thanks for making my day.

Seriously this team does a rinse/repeat/recycle every decade or so.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Future

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 am

Reefer2 wrote:.

Seriously this team does a rinse/repeat/recycle every decade or so.

You forgot cup final appearance...
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: The Future

Postby Arachnid » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:53 pm

In the future can we please refer to Hunter Shinkaruk as Skanks?! :thumbs:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: The Future

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Arachnid wrote:In the future can we please refer to Hunter Shinkaruk as Skanks?! :thumbs:


Hunter S.

Image
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: The Future

Postby Tiger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Nope P
ESQ wrote:
Tiger wrote: First time I was really pissed at being a Canucks fan

Oh come on. Tiger, I know you're a long-time Canucks fan. How could that have been the first time you were pissed at being a Canucks fan?

How about Bertuzzi-Moore? Lidstrom goal? Linden trade? Messier signing? Game 7 1994?

That's not even including the stories I chose to disbelieve like Burrows hair-pulling, finger-chomping, 7uongo...

Oh yeah, and 41 years (and counting!) of not being able to stick a Cup banner up the ass of every smarmy Leafs fan...

No, I think Daniel getting punched is pretty low on the list of rage-inducing moments in Canucks fandom :evil:

No, I have been disappointed maybe a hundred times.. But this is the first time a Canuck captain has not answered the bell.. and proven himself a complete pussy.. He was on the ice for all 4 goals against and then didn't do f all when Marchand bitch slapped him.. A captain is supposed to show some jam.. Bert wasn't chicken.. Burrows showed emotion.. Cloutier would fight.. Keenan made a good deal but of course I was not happy to see Linden go. F the Sedins.. No emotion, no guts players..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: The Future

Postby Per » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 am

Tiger wrote:Nope P
ESQ wrote:
Tiger wrote: First time I was really pissed at being a Canucks fan

Oh come on. Tiger, I know you're a long-time Canucks fan. How could that have been the first time you were pissed at being a Canucks fan?

How about Bertuzzi-Moore? Lidstrom goal? Linden trade? Messier signing? Game 7 1994?

That's not even including the stories I chose to disbelieve like Burrows hair-pulling, finger-chomping, 7uongo...

Oh yeah, and 41 years (and counting!) of not being able to stick a Cup banner up the ass of every smarmy Leafs fan...

No, I think Daniel getting punched is pretty low on the list of rage-inducing moments in Canucks fandom :evil:

No, I have been disappointed maybe a hundred times.. But this is the first time a Canuck captain has not answered the bell.. and proven himself a complete pussy.. He was on the ice for all 4 goals against and then didn't do f all when Marchand bitch slapped him.. A captain is supposed to show some jam.. Bert wasn't chicken.. Burrows showed emotion.. Cloutier would fight.. Keenan made a good deal but of course I was not happy to see Linden go. F the Sedins.. No emotion, no guts players..

Seriously, I must have missed this... When did Daniel become captain?
Or do you think they're adjoined at the hip and count as one person?
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1830
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: The Future

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 am

Bertuzzi and Burrows were captains. Wow that's news to me. As for Linden never getting abused like that maybe someone should have watched the 96 playoffs when good ol Trev was being manhandled and punched in the head by Claude Lemieux but was too scared to respond.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3125
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests