2013 FA Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2013 FA Thread

Post by SKYO »

Morrow seems more like a MG type of guy compared to Penner and he could probably get BM on a one year deal as well, just have to sell him that he would re-sign him for more term next offseason when the cap goes up.

What I like about Morrow is that he can take the odd faceoff as well, which would be beneficial if he were on a 3rd line with Schroeder. It's a similar situation to when MG wanted Ott before when we had Coho on the 3rd.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'd prefer Morrow. Too bad he's not 35 (just checked, 34), because then MG could have cut an Iginla type deal maybe to roll part of his cap hit to the next season. Barring that, which is not available for Morrow, hard to see how Canucks can afford to sign him. I think he'd be a good character veteran on a 1 year deal.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Yay to Morrow!

I giant Nay on Pancake.

Booth needs to get dumped faster than a 10 dollar whore.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Morrow would be the 5th best forward here which would put him on the 2nd line.
I think you're right but in 2010-11 I'd say Manny was the 5th-best forward, and he anchored the third line with a prominent role on the 2nd PP unit, which saw him get very decent offensive production. To me that's when the team was at its best - the third line was good enough to be a second line on most NHL teams, and all the forwards could move up and down as they got hot or cooled off.

I have no idea what Morrow is looking for - he has 23 goals over the past 2 seasons (Higgins has 28), he's missed close to 30 games over that same period. I'm surprised he's still out there, and the fact that there are no rumblings about where he's headed makes me think he might be over-pricing himself.

I think he could fit, depending on what Tanev signs for, though the 4th line will have to be very cheap.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
#Canucks sign forward Benn Ferriero to a two-way deal...has #NHL experience with #Sharks and #Rangers
5'11" 195 lbs RW | 96GP 14G 9A +12 25PIM

Weise replacement? Actually Ferriero has better numbers than Weise.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Fairy-Oh should be a top six in Utica. Gillis continues to fill out his Comet roster on the farm.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote:
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
#Canucks sign forward Benn Ferriero to a two-way deal...has #NHL experience with #Sharks and #Rangers
5'11" 195 lbs RW | 96GP 14G 9A +12 25PIM

Weise replacement? Actually Ferriero has better numbers than Weise.
Christ, I hope not.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ilya Kovalchuk just retired.
DeLevering since 1999.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

donlever wrote:Ilya Kovalchuk just retired.
Retired at the age of 30? I know that he has made enough money over the years. It is just strange. :?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

donlever wrote:Ilya Kovalchuk just retired.
Sooo... the NJ Devils take a cap recapture penalty of $250,000 until 2024-25? :crazy:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...well it certainly makes having 8.5 million tied up in net minders somewhat more palatable.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:...well it certainly makes having 8.5 million tied up in net minders somewhat more palatable.

LOL

Remember how much we got bashed for going into a shortened season when the cap was near 70 million for having two goalies locked up at 9.3 and hardly a peep out of people that the Devils were doing basically the same thing for a full year in a cap hell year.
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote: .....and hardly a peep out of people that the Devils were doing basically the same thing for a full year in a cap hell year.

Yeah, the NJ Looouuu factor gets more respect than the Vancouver Looouuu factor.

GMMG's fault.

The tomato faced, luggage eyed fat fuck!
DeLevering since 1999.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

For those wondering if Lu could do the same thing:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 10m
For those asking, VAN/Luongo could technically do this (as I understand it) so long as player is prepared to NOT get $ owed him. #nochance
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

$lacker wrote:For those wondering if Lu could do the same thing:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 10m
For those asking, VAN/Luongo could technically do this (as I understand it) so long as player is prepared to NOT get $ owed him. #nochance
Luongo hates his contract but not the money... :lol: