2013 FA Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: 2013 FA Thread

Post by dbr »

Jeff Schultz signs with the Kings, one year at $700k.

Woulda liked to get in on that, obviously the guy has his warts but that is #7/8 defenseman money and he is easily capable of outperforming that IMO.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Canucks announce signing of C Brad Richardson

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Brad Richardson's AAV in VAN is $1.15M on a 2 year deal.
Depth signing for the 4th line?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Roy is still available.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

(Re: Richardson)

Nice. Guy can play all three positions so he'll help out no matter whether Lain, Sestito or Weise lays the biggest turd at training camp.

edit: 2 years at a $1.15m cap hit.
Last edited by dbr on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote:Roy is still available.
As a matter of fact, all the (ex)Canucks are still available. :roll:
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:BB is such a hypocrite. He talked about Alfie going to Detroit to chase a cup and said he doesn't blame the player for following his dream and wanting to go to an organization where he felt he had a better opportunity to do so. Praised Alfie and his right to make this choice. Seems to me that when Paul Karyia did the same thing BB blasted him for having no loyalty, selfish and hurting the Ducks who had paid him millions over the years.

What gives BB?
I... gosh... I'm sorry?

Please forgive me?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lappy has been replaced at a very good cap hit. I think depth d and a 4th line centre were what MG was looking at. Other than a back up I think he is probably done. Sad to say but the cap being what it is I don't expect much else.
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

No issue with either signing today, the team is in the market for depth and they got some at reasonable prices. They still need one more dman even with Tanev signed, and likely another forward as well even with Weise and Schroeder (if he's going to be 3rd or 4th center next year) signed. They will have a decent amount of cap space depending on what these guys get, perhaps as much as $2 to $2.5 million.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Richardson is a nice pick up. No more Lapierre, which I’m happy aboot.

By my detailed calculations, we have no cap room left. We have maybe $1M depending on what Tanev is signed for. Weise also needs to be re-signed or replaced, and Gillis likely wants to sign an 8th defenseman.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Canucks have $5.7 mil in cap space right now. They have 10 forwards, 6 D, and the 2 goaltenders signed.

Putting in a rookie (Jensen), signing Schroeder to about the same as he made, Weise to a small raise and Tanev at $1.7 mil puts them at a 22 person roster with over $2 mil to spare.

So yeah not much, but it does allow them to perhaps trade a pick for a player where the other teams retains some salary or whatever.

It's a crunch year.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

That 7.5% allowance to go over the cap for signing 35+ yr old players is intriguing though, which I was wondering why MG/Gilman were looking at Iginla/Morrow etc.

I guess Morrow makes the most sense, as this can only be applied to a one year contract.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

tantalum wrote:Canucks have $5.7 mil in cap space right now. They have 10 forwards, 6 D, and the 2 goaltenders signed.

Putting in a rookie (Jensen), signing Schroeder to about the same as he made, Weise to a small raise and Tanev at $1.7 mil puts them at a 22 person roster with over $2 mil to spare.

So yeah not much, but it does allow them to perhaps trade a pick for a player where the other teams retains some salary or whatever.

It's a crunch year.
Right now there’s space, but they still have five players to sign! At about $1M each, that space is gone in a hurry.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
tantalum wrote:Canucks have $5.7 mil in cap space right now. They have 10 forwards, 6 D, and the 2 goaltenders signed.

It's a crunch year.
Right now there’s space, but they still have five players to sign! At about $1M each, that space is gone in a hurry.
The Canucks have 18 players signed with $5.7m remaining cap space. They just need another 3 - 4 players. The only one that could command anything over $1m is Tanev. They should still have room to sign a top-nine or cheap (old) top-six.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Awesome day for Tomato Face....

NOT!

:mrgreen:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Oh shut the front door!

I take that back... Canucks added Jeremie Blain and Alex Biega!

Wait, no I don't!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P