MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Post by Arbour »

It's not over yet, Gillis has 16 players signed and is now only $1mil below the cap. Sad to see Corey go but if there is no decent market for Lou then so be it. Horvat looks like he will fill a need and has a potential upside.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arbour wrote:It's not over yet, Gillis has 16 players signed and is now only $1mil below the cap. Sad to see Corey go but if there is no decent market for Lou then so be it. Horvat looks like he will fill a need and has a potential upside.
Ballard will have to get moved for a bag of pucks. Or Aquamarine will have to bite the bullet and buy him out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hey maybe Gillis goes the extra bold route and also moves Luongo!

I'd like to see it just to watch the frenzy on the boards.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:As I said all along, MG was in a no win situation. No matter what he did he would be criticized but here we have our own beloved RD liking the deal. Hell has frozen over.

We pick up 4 million in cap, get younger, get a centre and get the drama over.

Luongo will report, he will say all the right things , he will be fine. He will be excited when camp roles around. This sis his team again. Well, until Lack....
RoyalDude wrote:I don't think a lot of folks realize how good a prospect Horvat is. This kid is good. We just need prospect wingers now, centre is set.

I'm surprised with today's events. Fully expected nothing or a dumb ass trade rivalling the Ballard trade
and to reiterate what HW mentioned earlier, GMMG called the bluff on all those GM's waiting for the Luongo situation to force a buyout or dump.

I still have a gut feeling Luongo is in play, but the balance just shifted further into GMMG's court.

How does that Nonis deadline day rumour look now?

For those not liking the value, consider the Pommiville, JBou and Iggie deals for lesser 1st round picks.
Last edited by Topper on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Duthie just reported that Luongo does not want to do any interviews, he is in shock and needs to speak to his agent. This is why MG said he hasn't spoken to Luongo yet, needs to let things die down and the emotion to pass. He knows Luongo and knows to just stay quiet and let it sink in.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

tantalum wrote: Hey maybe Gillis goes the extra bold route and also moves Luongo!
I've already said that.... TWICE! :thumbs:

And no I was not just trying to cover my butt. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:The call in gang at 1040 are a real intelligent bunch. Mad that Gillis didn't get a star player that can help now. Do they realize how screwed this team is with the cap? Idiots

I feel a bit better about our future up front, now. All thumbs up to the deal, stays competitive now but enhances the future outlook.
Amazing - but I agree with you. This made sense. Now picking up Shinkaruk as well? Two offensive prospects, guys who were both rated top 15 in the consensus best draft in 10 years. I like it, though again would have liked to see a roster player as well.

At least the cap issues are more or less over now, assuming Ballard is bought out as well. Allows the team to rather easily keep Edler too.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

RoyalDude wrote:Ballard will have to get moved for a bag of pucks. Or Aquamarine will have to bite the bullet and buy him out.
Ballard and more if Gillis is going to fill out his roster. 5 players plus Tanev who is no doubt looking for a raise.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

tantalum wrote:Hey maybe Gillis goes the extra bold route and also moves Luongo!

I'd like to see it just to watch the frenzy on the boards.
That would be a real bold move.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Arbour wrote:It's not over yet, Gillis has 16 players signed and is now only $1mil below the cap. Sad to see Corey go but if there is no decent market for Lou then so be it. Horvat looks like he will fill a need and has a potential upside.
Hes $4 million below the cap with 16 signed. Needs to sign Tanev, a 3rd line center and maybe another winger, but there's room again assuming Ballard is gone.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote:Allows the team to rather easily keep Edler too.
Keeping Edler was never going to be a problem given a goalie + Ballard were going to be traded.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well if Luongo retires we save a boatload too.
The only HW the Canucks need
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Shocking move, and like Luongo I don't want to do any interviews until I have fully absorbed this. I thought MG could get more for CS, seems like Lou Lam has set up his net really well now. I don't know much about Horvat but if he is Bergeron like, truly, then we can clearly live with the deal...we'll see. Man, Canuck land is a circus these days, can't wait for RL's first interview...or tweet!
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Diehard1 wrote:
Hes $4 million below the cap with 16 signed. Needs to sign Tanev, a 3rd line center and maybe another winger, but there's room again assuming Ballard is gone.
My bad, I was looking at salary payroll not cap payroll. Duh.

Any update on Booth and if he is expected to be ready for the beginning of the season?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: and to reiterate what HW mentioned earlier, GMMG called the bluff on all those GM's waiting for the Luongo situation to force a buyout or dump.

I still have a gut feeling Luongo is in play, but the balance just shifted further into GMMG's court.

How does that Nonis deadline day rumour look now?

For those not liking the value, consider the Pommiville, JBou and Iggie deals for lesser 1st round picks.
Well Fransico Aquilini flew this morning to Florida to talk to Luongo to smooth things over after this entire fucking mess MG got us into.
Pierre LeBrun ‏
Once deal was agreed on last night, Canucks owner Francisco Aquilini decided to fly to Florida this morning to talk to Luongo.

Aquilini is there now. Don't think he's hooked up with Luongo though yet. Obviously wants to smooth things over
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.