Gillis - Opportunity Knocking.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Gillis - Opportunity Knocking.

Post by $lacker »

Strangelove wrote:
CFP! wrote: Letang brings the offense of Ehrhoff but the attitude of Jeff Brown.
Yeah he's gonna diddle Gina, it's destiny, what can ya do....
Now THAT is funny.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Well done. :thumbs:

Gillis still has a few days before free agency but it sure will be disappointing if all we do tomorrow is draft half a dozen players.

May you riv in interesting times Mr Girris...
2011..... the one that got away.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

CFP! wrote: We should focus on the frwds for next yr. Filling roles and developing the correct players in their roles. Our D is good, not great but pretty solid
I disagree. Our top 4 (Hamhuis Bieksa JG Edler) seems to be underperforming for what we pay it. We can't find a partner for Edler and he looks lost out there. Tanev seems to stabilize anyone he plays with... do we give him a shot, with top 4 minutes?

A change in the top 4 is clearly needed. Edler is the obvious candidate to leave. He might play better somewhere else, but it doesn't look like it's going to be here, unless we find him a partner.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Will VAN's Alex Edler get "Jeff Carter-ed"? (Traded right before his NTC kicks in). I'd say there's a decent chance Edler gets "Carter-ed."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Sometimes I feel like I care too much about the Canucks.
Fuck it's like trade deadline day too, sitting here hours before the draft like a kid on Xmas eve hoping this time there will be more than a lump of coal in my stocking...

checking the usual sites for news...fucking twitter

But I got this gut feeling that the bill Haley will have some new comets
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I would be OK trading both Edler and Schneider obviously depending on what came back.

The rumour is Schneider to Edm for the #7 and a prospect. I would include our 1st pick if that meant the prospect was big tough and could play in our top 9 (like another Kassian type) right now and top 6 soon.

For Edler I want a young forward prospect (top 6 now) with top line potential and a defenceman prospect (doesnt need to be bluechipper). The team needs someone ready in a few years to take over from the Sedin's much like they took over for Naslund/Bertuzzi.

Dont know if either is possible but we shall see.....

I would still be surprised to see if Gillis has the balls to move Edler today before his no trade kicks in tomorrow.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Holy crap. Corey gone
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

wafflecombine wrote:Holy crap. Corey gone
Holy shit indeed!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Well he answered the knock on the door and opened it half-way...

I still think he should have moved Edler, but we don't know what the offers were.

Toronto probably offered us Colton Orr and a 3rd round pick. :P

This is the first time since we picked up the Sedins that I can remember a Vancouver GM making a big move and getting some quality prospects in the draft. Now, hopefully, we don't end up trading them away like so many other GM's before have.