Re-sign the Sedins thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re-sign the Sedins?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Maybe
9%
Who gives a shit
5%

Total votes: 44

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-sign the Sedins thread

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote: It wasn't that long ago Hank said they wanted to go year to year and now they are talking about one last contract. I' d be happy with a two year deal at this point and for the big cap hit. Let's face it,if we really are at a half closed window then better to be on a short deal with these two.
Thats what i thought,so if the Sedins are willing to go year to year thennnnnn.....whats the problem????
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

5 points combined for the Sedinery twins tonight. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

7 points in 2 games between them. That's pretty damned good.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Two washed up, aging, gutless, second line forward AT BEST performances by the soft Swedish sisters. Gawd I can't wait until these two are no longer on the team! :lol:

Seriously though, I know it is very early on in this season, but so far the Sedins look faster, more aggressive and a hell of a lot more assertive than in 2012 and 2013. I found Hank's comment about the twins having several conversations with AV about their defensive and PK roles on the team to be interesting. He also said they want to be complete players.

Seeing how the Sedins look early on should help minimize any concerns about signing these guys to another contract. Two-three years would be my preference at this point, and 7ish million each would probably be fair for both sides.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You forgot small ish.

You wouldn't want Spud to feel left out.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

herb wrote:Two washed up, aging, gutless, second line forward AT BEST performances by the soft Swedish sisters. Gawd I can't wait until these two are no longer on the team! :lol:

Seriously though, I know it is very early on in this season, but so far the Sedins look faster, more aggressive and a hell of a lot more assertive than in 2012 and 2013. I found Hank's comment about the twins having several conversations with AV about their defensive and PK roles on the team to be interesting. He also said they want to be complete players.

Seeing how the Sedins look early on should help minimize any concerns about signing these guys to another contract. Two-three years would be my preference at this point, and 7ish million each would probably be fair for both sides.
I woud do 4 years.

year 1 - 9 mil
year 2 - 6.5 mil
year 3 - 5 mil
year 4 - 4.5 mil

AAV 6.25 million, I'd do it in a heartbeat, especilly since I wouldn't be paying out my own money!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

SKYO wrote:5 points combined for the Sedinery twins tonight. :thumbs:
Daniel now on track for 41 goals, 123 points.
Henrik on track for 164 points, all of them assists...

:mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

success in the NHL's watered down 82 game regular season has never been the Sedin's problem,it's when the real season begins and their style of play becomes ineffective that their shortcomings (or the leagues change in officiating which takes place every April,pick one)become evident. If regular season stuff is what a longterm contract should be based on then sign 'em up for another 5 :roll:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

dangler wrote:If regular season stuff is what a longterm contract should be based on then sign 'em up for another 5 :roll:
Well, since the regular season is what gets teams into the playoffs, not to mention it's the time of year owners make the bulk of their revenue, then yeah I'd say signing players who are effective in the regular season is a priority.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Playoff stats:

Dank: 96 games played, 67 points

Hank: 99 games played, 74 points.

Not total playoff duds I'd say but not ppg players so ya get rid of them.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote:success in the NHL's watered down 82 game regular season has never been the Sedin's problem,it's when the real season begins and their style of play becomes ineffective that their shortcomings (or the leagues change in officiating which takes place every April,pick one)become evident. If regular season stuff is what a longterm contract should be based on then sign 'em up for another 5 :roll:
Or maybe they could get a supporting cast here that actually scores. There is a stat that reflects the twins are top 20 in ppg over the last 5 - 6 playoff seasons but for some that will never be good enough. Then again who am I to say a person shouldn't ..... you know ....actually read and perhaps interpret some cold hard stats.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Playoff stats:

Since 09 they are top 20 in the game and a way higher ppg. The stats picked up over their first 30 + games were weak as they were the support group back then. A link would be awesome. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Playoff stats:

Since 09 they are top 20 in the game and a way higher ppg. The stats picked up over their first 30 + games were weak as they were the support group back then. A link would be awesome. :mex:

I just went to NHL.COM and I wasn't complaining. But let me do the math and edit this in a sec

Edit
Since 2006-2007 season

Dank: games played 65, points 54, ppg 0.83

Hank: games played 68, points 58, pp 0.85

No matter how you do the math they are very reliable point scorers in the playoffs. It is a myth, an urban myth, that they cannot produce in the playoffs. Our problem has always been lack of secondary support.
The only HW the Canucks need
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:

I just went to NHL.COM and I wasn't complaining. But let me do the math and edit this in a sec

Edit
Since 2006-2007 season

Dank: games played 65, points 54, ppg 0.83

Hank: games played 68, points 58, pp 0.85

No matter how you do the math they are very reliable point scorers in the playoffs. It is a myth, an urban myth, that they cannot produce in the playoffs. Our problem has always been lack of secondary support.[/quote]

I agree with this 100% the twins are not the problem in the playoffs.

Lets look at how that playoff warrior Toews done over his ilustrious playoff carreer?

75 games played, 64 points scored, I think that works out to around .853 points per game.

Yes he's won a Con Smythe and a couple of cups but last I looked hockey is a team game.

Without the injuries we had in 2011 I think we take the cup in 4 or 5 games.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And now they look good on the penalty kill as well, most star players get some pk time and with their superior puck possession play, it really helps kill the penalty time!

So with Torts utilizing this skill set and with them on the PK the Sedin's stock should go up even more so.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.